The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Spaghetti Western

I love the music in my name is nobody, Its Great

I love the pocket watch the music from the pocket watch in For a few dollars more, it builds the tension brilliantly, and keeps u geussin as to the watches significance rite to the end, clever film making and that tune is annoyingly catchy!

On the danger of repeating myself: all you spaghetti western lovers check out www.spaghetti-western.net and also its forum. you’re going to find everything you ever wanted to know about these flicks and you can discuss them with fellow spaghetti freaks there.

[quote=“The Seb”]
on the danger of repeating myself: all you spaghetti western lovers check out spaghetti-western.net and also its forum. you’re going to find everything you ever wanted to know about these flicks and you can discuss them with fellow spaghetti freaks there.
[/quote]

Any chance coming out with a revenge site

ooo Revenge forum would be gd, so many classic movies fit in this genre.

i think the revenge “genre” is too broad to encompass it in a websites. besides, i am overstreteched already and i still need to finish that Rodriguez site

[quote=“Sebastian”]
on the danger of repeating myself: all you spaghetti western lovers check out spaghetti-western.net and also its forum. you’re going to find everything you ever wanted to know about these flicks and you can discuss them with fellow spaghetti freaks there.
[/quote] Try Fistful of Leone too. And be sure to piss all over Tucumcari Bound and Firecracker while your there.

[quote=“Pete”]
Speaking personally in regards to Leone being introduced by QT. I grew up going to the movies and watching alot of movies on TV and VHS in the 80s. I saw The GBU and Once Upon In The West and Once Upon A Time in America (in the theater in 1984) long before I even knew who QT was. Those films were really mainstream to me, they werent any different than seeing other American Westerns on TV. As a kid, I always knew Leone as the guy who made those crazy Westerns with Clint Eastwood. The same with The Trinity movies. They were pretty standard Saturday afternoon-night movie watching for me back then.

To me, when QT came along he was like a new friend who happened to know way more about movies than me, saying “If you liked that, check THIS one out”. Hes still really very much like a video store clerk even today. He’s just able to make films himself now and he has a bigger impact on people. Its one of his best traits as an celebrity too.
[/quote]

How old are you pete. I don’t mean that in a sarcastic way or anything.

[quote=“Bone Daddy”]
Try Fistful of Leone too. And be sure to piss all over Tucumcari Bound and Firecracker while your there.
[/quote]

Aaaah, Fistful of Leone, haven’t been there in Tiiiiiiiiiime

It’s dead as dick’s toothbrush since I left. But they do know their shit!

Just rewatched Vol 1 last ngiht and paid attention to the framing, it’s def Leone inspired.

Don’t do it man, you’ll be sorry!

I’m not the best person to argue this point, but I think it’s his composition and his full use of widescreen. I was gonna post some screen caps, but it’s near impossible to find full widescreen ones. Here are some anyway that kind of show what I’m getting at.

http://www.tapenoon.com/_rareone/films/kill_bill_2/kill_bill_2.jpg

http://michaelthompson.org/fengshui/kill-bill2-3.jpg

http://www.moviezine.se/filmbilder/002/kill_bill_2_bild.jpg

I’m not arguing it’s the only influence or anything, nor was I attempting to start some argument or even a discussion, merely bringing up something I noticed.

These are a bunch of awesome pics.

Haha, dude, take it easy. Don’t let Boner Daddy scare you.

I kind of see where you’re coming from but I’m going to need more examples (not even with screen shots). I’m very intrigued (in a good way).

Wow, this topic is crazy old. But it’s never too late to convert some good folks to the love that is spaghetti westerns.

You can start with this introductory article: https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Introduction