The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Sonny Chiba

Anybody else like the amazing Sonny Chiba.Some of my favorites are Street Fighter,Dragon Princess,Shogun Ninja.To me Sonny Chiba is the best(yes even better than Bruce Lee)

[quote=“me”]

Anybody else like the amazing Sonny Chiba.Some of my favorites are Street Fighter,Dragon Princess,Shogun Ninja.To me Sonny Chiba is the best(yes even better than Bruce Lee)[/quote]
:o

Actually I agree.

He was awsome in Kill Bill…

LOL :laugh:

ThaDuke: That GIF-animation you’ve got is wonderful. From which movie is it? :slight_smile:

[quote=“davido”]
ThaDuke: That GIF-animation you’ve got is wonderful. From which movie is it? :slight_smile:
[/quote]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102293/

Riki-Oh: The Story of Riki

If you’re into Kung-Fu cinema, I definitely recommend it. It’s also the goriest kung-fu movie probably ever made.

Also: Welcome to the boards! :wink:

Thanks a bunch.

I’ll definitely look into it, 'cause that sequence alone is outstanding.

[quote=“davido”]
Thanks a bunch.

I’ll definitely look into it, 'cause that sequence alone is outstanding.
[/quote]

That’s what sold me as well…lol

Shinichi rules. I love the guy, and I love his movies. I’ve seen 25 Chiba movies so far (own most of them), got one on pre-order (Dragon Princess remaster) and gonna buy more soon…

I love him too. I posted a message on his MySpace telling him that I was a huge fan etc. He posted a message on mine saying Thanks very much etc. It was really awesome. The first Sonny movies I ever saw were The Streetfighter films (bought em on VHS) back in 1994-95. I have to thank QT for introducing me to Sonny’s stuff. Ever since I saw True Romance in 93 I wanted to check them out.

Speaking of Sonny, I’ve been watching alot of his older samurai films recently. I just watched GI Samurai the other night. Tonight I’m going to check out Ninja Wars. S

I love saying Konichiwa, Sonny Chiba :stuck_out_tongue: Say it very fast :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Speaking of Sonny, I’ve been watching alot of his older samurai films recently. I just watched GI Samurai the other night. Tonight I’m going to check out Ninja Wars. S
[/quote]

Seen Legend of the 8 Samurai yet? It’s a forgotten classic. An excellent film.

There’s still so many Chiba films I need to see. Golgo 13, Bullet Train, Virus, Hunter in the Dark (dying to see this one), Truck Yaro: Dokyo ichiban hoshi (Chiba fights with Bunta Sugawara…), Legend of the Golden Wolf, Kage no kundan + lots of stuff I really want to see but not available on dvd, like The Defensive Power of Aikido, The Soul of Bruce Lee etc.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
Seen Legend of the 8 Samurai yet? It’s a forgotten classic. An excellent film.
[/quote]

I have the movie in a sonny chiba boxset but havnt watched it yet.