The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Sean Penn

[quote=“Carlos”]
Don´t forget the great Toby N Tucker (TNT)!Beside his acting role of Johnny Cash that was his best performance.
[/quote]
Do you know why they call me TNT?..because when I go off somebody gets hurt.

Uturn is one of my favorites. underrated to say the least.

What a cast:

Nick Nolte, John Voight, Jauquin Phoenix, Sean Penn, Jennifer Lopez, Powers Boothe, Claire Danes, and the best performance of the movie : Billy Bob Thornton

name another movie with that kind of cast!

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]

Nick Nolte, John Voight, Jauquin Phoenix, Sean Penn, Jennifer Lopez, Powers Boothe, Claire Danes, and the best performance of the movie : Billy Bob Thornton

[/quote]

Thats a great cast? U Turn was terrible. I dont know why anyone would like that movie. Id actually put it as Stones worst film even behind NBK.

Movies with great casts:

Glengarry Glen Ross

Heat

Heavens Gate

What the hell? Theres like a hundred movies with casts better than the one in U Turn!!! lol.

Everybody´s got his own taste.Nevertheless, it is a great cast or you really doubt it? Beside that I liked the musical score very much. Just a cool movie!

The cast is good but nothing spectacular. It still doesnt save the movie from being crappy. This is the first time I ever heard someone say U Turn was a great movie.

Thanks for the honor! Think I have to watch it on the weekend.And you have a nice one. Bye

LOL. No problem!

i read in a qt interview that sean penn was interested in doing NBK “the right way” (with Tim Roth probably) before Oliver Stone was attached to do it

It would be cool to see Penn work with QT someday although I think Sean has this problem with entertainment type films. He only likes serious dramas or something. I guess it depends on the story/director too.

THIS is a great Sean Penn film. One of the movies where I remember seeing the VHS cover at my local video store and knowing I had to check it out. I mustve been about 11-12. As I was watching this vid I actually got choked up. That song by Madonna and the images just got to me. Then I saw For Chris Penn at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I04DePAebXU

[quote=“ToothpickVicVega”]
Thats a great cast? U Turn was terrible. I dont know why anyone would like that movie. Id actually put it as Stones worst film even behind NBK.

Movies with great casts:

Glengarry Glen Ross

Heat

Heavens Gate

What the hell? Theres like a hundred movies with casts better than the one in U Turn!!! lol.
[/quote]

well…that’s like…your opinion…man.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]

[/quote]
Off Topic:The Royal Tenebaums had an fantastic cast

All the King’s Men was good.

But Carlito’s Way was his best.

I actually like just about everything that Penn has starred in…including Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I think that he is one of the more talented actors around and will be known as one of the best of all time before he is finished.

Yeah I think he’s a great actor to but there is this strong hate for him

casualties of war is one of is best performance

[quote=“me”]
Yeah I think he’s a great actor to but there is this strong hate for him
[/quote]
the hate towards him is due to his lack of good judgement - see the QT’s politics thread - actors, musicians, etc… shouldn’t get into politics - it alienates half of thier fans - .

He´s got something to say and does not care about,what happens.Imagine Sean as everybody´s darling.He has never been and that´s what I like about him.

Well I havent heard his politics but I dont think someone should be hated just because they dont agree with others. Anyway Penn is a great in my book.

Plus he told The Q-Man about death proofing a car! that’s where The Q-Man got the idea for DP.

I wonder why QT said it like he couldnt remember who told him about the DP car. How the hell could he forget Sean Penn telling him that? haha.

Im a big Sean Penn fan artistically speaking, hes just excellent. But politically I dont really agree with anything he says.

Does anyone else think that fat kid in Super Bad looks like his brother? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1706767/