Scorsese Finally Wins The Oscar!

[size=150]FUCK YEAH!!![/size]

He deserves it so fucking much. I am so happy for him. I’m going to celebrate by going out and buying The Departed tomorrow.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo. Marty is the man!!

The Departed just won as well. Oh my fucking God. I fucking knew it. The film and the director own.

Big congrats to Marty!! I think I’m going to buy it tomorrow as well.

I was hoping Marty would finally win. It doesnt come out on DVD yet for a few more days in Australia but I’ve been to see it the last 2 nights (still in one big cinema for 3 more days in my land) and sat in the same seat both times. Coming home at midnight makes you tired at school the next day…oh well, its all for Marty

Thats how hardcore I am :wink:

I’m so happy for him. He’s the man!

Congrats Marty!!!

YAAAAAY!!!.

overdue… not even exciting anymore. more like a pity thing

Here’s his acceptance speech -

- YouTube

Congrats Marty! :smiley:

the producers should’ve asked him to come out for the other award too. producers are such dicks… they are not the ones making the movie

[quote=“Scarface”]
Here’s his acceptance speech -

- YouTube

Congrats Marty! :smiley:
[/quote]

look at his first reaction in his seat “euhh, well” haha

Jack Nicholson looks so terrible bald, he looks 110

[quote=“The Seb”]
the producers should’ve asked him to come out for the other award too. producers are such dicks… they are not the ones making the movie
[/quote]

actually they are, a director is only responsible for the artistic aspects of a film, producers make it happen, producers pay, a film could be made without a director, not without a producer

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!! I was ecstatic when he won Best Director but when he won Best Film TOO? I nearly hit the ceiling!! CONGRATS TO MARTIN SCORSESE!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

They actually referred to the original “Infernal Affairs”-flick as a japanese movie. Yeah, right.

And what worth is an oscar, if he didn’t get it for his true masterpieces like “Taxi Driver”?

I agree with Seb: more like a pity thing.

Why do some people have to take every positive thing and turn it into a negative? Thats really lame to me. Talk about pessimism. He won TWO Oscars but its a pity thing. Yeah, its a pity thing. Riiiight.

I think he totally deserves them, hes a master director.

Wow, I don’t know how on Earth you can say it was a pity thing. He fully deserved it this year. The Departed is one of the best films I’ve seen in years. I mean I was so excited coming out of the cinema when I first watched it. I didn’t believe that he could come out with something as great as Goodfellas and Raging Bull, but he did. It is definitely in his top 3 for me, it was fucking breathtaking. I’m so glad he won, and for best film as well, that is really something.

The standing ovation was overwhelming. Just shows that everyone apart from the pessimists were rooting for him.

“Leo DiCapprio 6 and a half years work we’ve done together, I hope another 12, another 15!”

At last. I’m so glad.

I haven’t seen the Oscar highlights yet (they haven’t aired over here yet see) but I’m really chuffed that Scorsese won this year.

After the somewhat mediocre Aviator and Gangs of New York, he’s back on top artistically.

[quote=“The Seb”]
[/quote]

Yeah, normally I’d agree, but uh, Scorsese didn’t want to come up. He told his producers and that was that. And some producers are dicks, no doubt, but come on…

@Ify

You’re one of the few people who are actually referring to the movie itself, and therefore I totally respect your opinion. Who am I, after all, daring to raise my voice, since I haven’t seen “The Departed” myself (and I won’t ever because “Infernal Affairs” being something like a sacred cow to me, but, mind, I’m not forcing anyone to adopt my attitude :wink: ).

But, you know, it kinda annoys me that everyone (not just here, also on the radio and the TV) is just talking abot Martin Scorsese in general: “He derserves ist”, “At last”, “Finally” and stuff like that, like he just got to have the Oscar because he’s Martin Scorsese. And after hearing it about 10 times, you kinda start believing it, too, and that is where something apparently went wrong. He just got it for “The Departed”, and not for Lifetime Achievement!

The point is that he shouldve gotten it for other movies he made. The departed deserves the oscar, but as marty jokes around with it too, he shouldve gotten it wayyyy earlier…

People are social beings, so it most certainly mustve affected the voting a bit, just because Marty hasnt won one yet. Otherwise he would be death and getting one…or some lame lifetime golden banana thing or something :stuck_out_tongue: Which he is gonna get anyway…nice to see him getting the recognition while he is alive and kicking!

Loved to see him getting it from Lucas, Coppola and Spielberg too! :smiley: Magical moment!! :smiley:

[quote]actually they are, a director is only responsible for the artistic aspects of a film, producers make it happen, producers pay, a film could be made without a director, not without a producer[/quote]

They realise and make it possible for the movie to be made. Without the artistic value of the director you wouldnt have a movie.

It’s about time. That award and Jerry Seinfeld’s trash talking about movie theaters were the only high-notes of the evening. Congrats Marty!!!

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
The point is that he shouldve gotten it for other movies he made. The departed deserves the oscar, but as marty jokes around with it too, he shouldve gotten it wayyyy earlier…

People are social beings, so it most certainly mustve affected the voting a bit, just because Marty hasnt won one yet. Otherwise he would be death and getting one…or some lame lifetime golden banana thing or something :stuck_out_tongue: Which he is gonna get anyway…nice to see him getting the recognition while he is alive and kicking!

Loved to see him getting it from Lucas, Coppola and Spielberg too! :smiley: Magical moment!! :smiley:

They realise and make it possible for the movie to be made. Without the artistic value of the director you wouldnt have a movie.
[/quote]

I think you said everything. I couldn’t say better. Marty deserves it, because we’ve been waiting for this so long. But he mainly got the oscar this year, cause The Departed was definitively the best movie and the best directing. And of course, it can be seen as a pity oscar cause he didn’t have it at the right time for another better movies he directed, BUT it was worthy to get it this year too even if it’s still a shame he didn’t get it for Taxi Driver or Raging Bull for example.

A question I have is: Why do any of us have to even defend Scorsese getting his Oscars? Anyone who doesnt think he deserves them is just stone cold wrong IMO.