Scarface Merch

Lets be honest almost everyone i know who’s a movie buff has at least one piece of scarface merch i thought i would start a topic where you can post pictures or whatever showing or stating what you have. Iv’e never really seen the amount of merch that scarface has with any other movie

Door sign screwed into my back door

i have the dollar poster somewhere but i cant find it

[quote=“mr blonde_22”]
Lets be honest almost everyone i know who’s a movie buff has at least one piece of scarface merch i thought i would start a topic where you can post pictures or whatever showing or stating what you have. Iv’e never really seen the amount of merch that scarface has with any other movie

Door sign screwed into my back door

i have the dollar poster somewhere but i cant find it
[/quote]

Holy I have the same poster but mines in a frame. Small world eh?

that it is, i want to get it framed just cant really afforfd it at the moment, its a great poster though

I got like two pics of Scarface on my wall, I think everyone has them because they have seen mtv’s the cribs where every celibrity has it, Wich has made the movie imo way over rated. I mean there are actually better crimefilms, alot of better ones! e.g. Goodfellas,Heat & Once Upon A Time In America!

So yeah Im thinking of putting them down from the wall and getting something else there instead ^^

Am I the only one who DIDN’T like Scarface?

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
[/quote]

Yes :smiley:

When it comes to Scarface there is no better crime film(imo)

its good not perfect, like people said there are better crime films, one thing i find annoying though is the influence on rap, how can you relate rap to scarface seriously?

I used to have the t-shirt with Tony sitting at his desk with the cigar. I lose t-shirts all the time though, and I haven’t seen that one in like three years. :frowning:

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
[/quote]

I didn’t like it much either because it’s a bit “too much”, exagerated, too eighties for me. I KNOW, this is justified, the movie has to be so because of Tony Montana, anway, I still think it’s too much for me.

Why didn’t you like it either ?

the eighties is the major draw card for the movie i think, if it was made say 3 years ago it wouldn’t have had the same cultural impact

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
[/quote]Actually I dont like it so much, I used like it alot a couple of years ago but that was like one of the first gangster movies I saw.

Now I would say the movie is okay but the ones I mentioned before is so much better. Its like a huge gap of quality between Scarface and e.g. Once Upon A time In America

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
I didn’t like it much either because it’s a bit “too much”, exagerated, too eighties for me. I KNOW, this is justified, the movie has to be so because of Tony Montana, anway, I still think it’s too much for me.

Why didn’t you like it either ?
[/quote]

To be honest I don’t know how well I can answer that. I think I’d have to watch it again to find specific reasons, because, to be honest, I really didn’t pay it total attention because it just didn’t catch my attention. I watched it with a friend and my mind starting drifting about half way through. It just seemed to ultra masculine and pointless to me I guess. I don’t mind if a movies only point is to entertain, but it didn’t even do that.

On a funny/bizarre side note -> I read in the paper the other day about how another “crack house” had been raided by police. They’re essentially shitty, disgusting apartments where druggies go to do their stuff and not get arrested. The cops were talking about how the places were also extremely disgusting/depressing and all that stuff you would imagine, but the police officer also said that everyone of these places he’s ever found were basically empty except for some scarface merchandise. I just thought that was kind of weird/funny

(?).

Anywho!

I’m curious what about Scarface some people enjoy. Is it just the entertainment factor, or do you see something more important in the movie?

i found it a great entertaining picture, it also can be inspiring in my opinion, not the lifestyle the way he takes the business by the balls and strives to be the best, alot of people can learn from this movie i bet that Trump and Gates are massive scarface fans lol

I love scarface but I don’t have any of the merch anymore.