Samuel L. Jackson....Narrator?

I still don’t know what “shitty” movies you’re talking about that SLJ has been in.

Even if Sam was in some shitty movies, doesn’t make him any less of a narrator.

Name them please.

I said “even if he was”. like, assuming. i don’t remember seeing a shitty movie with him, but I haven’t seen many recent ones. Snakes on a Plane was cool though. ;D

[quote=“asshole from el paso”]
He’s suffering from “Cuba Gooding Jr.” syndrome. Basically, he’s done so well that every mediocre film-maker thinks that if he puts him in the movie people will go to see it - and Jackson isn’t going to turn down easy money - and why should he?
[/quote]

i think Michael Madsens got that bad

I have strong faith in Quentin when it comes to decision-making, as he hasn’t let me down yet. When you first say “World War II film” and “narration”, Sam Jackson doesn’t immediately come to mind. HOWEVER, as we (should) ALL know by now, Quentin doesn’t make your average flick. His films are an amalgamation of cinema - various filmic aspects all intertwined together in a stylish yet personal post-modern fare. He has an incredibly imaginative cinematic idiom, which makes for some highly provocative, hypercoaster of a ride, the likes of which we have NEVER seen before in this way. Therefore, in keeping with that tradition, QT has decided to go for Sam Jackson as his narrator and I have no doubt in its success. It tells us a little bit about the upcoming feature. I mean considering what we know thus far, connected with the crazy spelling and diverse cast, this is going to be something truly amazing.

With regards to the Sam Jackson and shitty films, a few from the top of my head:

Jumper

S.W.A.T

Shaft

Deep Blue Sea

Unbreakable (I hated it)

Snakes on a Plane

the xXx films

[size=20]Pulp Fiction ;D[/size]

[quote=“Ify”]
With regards to the Sam Jackson and shitty films, a few from the top of my head:

Unbreakable (I hated it)
[/quote]

Let’s split. I don’t want a husband who dislike Unbreakable. Or give me arguments to convince me.

[quote=“Ify”]
[size=20]Pulp Fiction ;D[/size]
[/quote]

Let’s double split ;D

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Let’s split. I don’t want a husband who dislike Unbreakable. Or give me arguments to convince me.[/quote]

I’m not going to convince you to dislike a film… If you want to split with me, that’s up to you too… it was fun while it lasted… shame it had to end this way… :’( …

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Let’s double split
[/quote]

… sniff…

I love Sam Jackson. His being in a movie makes it worth seeing if for nothing else than to see him act. In fact, I think I may love him more than Quention. But both of them in a movie together … ahhh orgasmic… You don’t know what that last scene in Pulp Fiction does to me ahhh

[quote=“Ify”]
I’m not going to convince you to dislike a film… If you want to split with me, that’s up to you too… it was fun while it lasted… shame it had to end this way… :’( …

… sniff…
[/quote]

You can still change your mind on Unbreakable. I think you didn’t watch it with the good person at the right time, did you ?

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
You can still change your mind on Unbreakable. I think you didn’t watch it with the good person at the right time, did you ?
[/quote]

I can, but I have so many films to watch before I watch Unbreakable again. It’s very rare that my first opinion on a film is changed upon a subsequent viewing. I feel I watched it in a good state - in dark silence with my family after we had rented it!

Why? Are you offering to watch it with me, Lili? :-*

;D

If it was a British guy doing the narration who would you like to hear do it… John hurt?.. maybe Malcolm McDowell?

[quote=“Snake Eyes”]
If it was a British guy doing the narration who would you like to hear do it… John hurt?.. maybe Malcolm McDowell?
[/quote]

Daniel Day-Lewis or Liam Neeson.

They’re Irish

I didn’t know I had to be so specific :o

Anyway, Daniel Day-Lewis is English (regardless of whether he changed to an Irish citizen, he has a dual citizenship I think).

Malcolm McDowell He has a very distinctive voice and I cant help but think of Clockwork Orange when I hear it. Somehow that seems appropriate for a Tarantino movie…

Haha, it’s peachy to hear a black man’s voice as the narrator in WWII movie. Everybody knows that Nazies were kinda racists so this is one of the best news for this movie, no matter what everyone says about it. This is going to be interesting.

Sam has a great voice. Anyone remember Do The Right Thing? He was a radio DJ in that, and his voice was what drove his performance in that film.

I agree 100%, Scar. Read what I wrote among the first posts on this topic :

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
I think it’s kinda cliché to only see the ghetto’s style of Samuel L. Jackson. Of course, he’s black and got a black voice. But for once that it’s not another white old man narrating a war movie, what should we complain about ? Sam got one of this very musical voice, and Tarantino has always said he loves that. When you hear him speaking for the radio in Do the Right Thing, he also has this narrator role in a way and it was AWESOME. Don’t tell me again “oh yeah but that ghetto style fits cause we’re speaking precisely of a ghetto”.

The most important things for a narrator is the voice and the way the narrator speaks. Sam Jackson got both : extraordinary voice, perfect phrasing.
[/quote]