Rum punch

‘The Switch’ kicks ass. It really shows the relationship between Ordell and Louis, which makes watching Jackie Brown better.

i gotta check the switch out too.

Out of all the Leonard books I’ve read, The Switch is my favorite.

i have not yet read a Elmore Leonard novel cause im filled up in reading rite now by filmmaking books.

the switch is suppose to be better than rum punch, i haven’t read the switch but it’s been highyl reccomended to me

yea im definatly gona read it soon.

Leonard is one of my favourite authors. His novels always get turned into these stylish, pretty crime capers like Get Shorty and Out of Sight, but I definitely think Jackie Brown was the best adaptation of one of his novels that I have seen. Even with Tarantino’s style mixed in and with the homages to Blaxploitation, it still feels more like Leonard than Get Shorty. Although Get Shorty would have been one of my favourite adaptations if there was no Jackie Brown.

still haven’t read it…

Seb, you got any link on your Astores on anything?

Thought the man did an awesome job of taking the novel and making it his own. The length was perfect, the adaption itself enhancing the whole by changing some of the parts, and thank all mighty fucking god that he left out the bit from the novel on the neo nazi gangsters, that part of the book being my least favorite part of the book and was happy when it resolved itself and continued on. Just imagine if the neo nazis had stayed in the film. Because of the blaxploitation route that Tarantino took (and it was an inspired decision to say the least) there are obviously going to be a heavily black oriented cast and every half assed critic from hell to Houston and everywhere in between would have been talking about it like one of those “important” pictures (The Reader anyone? good flick but it ain’t that good) and how Mr. Tarantino is making a statement on racism and all that other shit instead of focusing on the good stuff: the bad mother fucking movie. Bad mother fucking movie meaning it was a hell of a film and the rare adaption that did the job of taking the best film that it could out of the book instead of trying to film the book.