Roger Ebert finally reviewed GRINDHOUSE

[quote]Don’t know. They all seem to be the same. Resident Evil was ok but I can’t remember anything special about other zombie films. I’m more into vampire stuff [/quote]

They all seem the same…I see what you mean, it’s the whole survival horror thing that has been played so many times. I don’t think that will ever change, unless they do a 30s-40s type of zombie flick with the whol voodoo theme. But I really haven’t seen a character based zombie flick. Romero always uses ensembles and every other lead character in every other zombie flick is caught up with the action, one-dimensional and unrealistic. it’s all in the character - that’s why Kill Bill works so efficiently.

[quote] Zombie western is def needed too. Imagine a Sam Peckinpah Wild Bunch type zombie killing sequence?[/quote]

Resident Evil: Extinction was set in the Nevada desert, so it’s been played out already. There’s this legendary sequence in this movie where a bunch of infected crows attack the caravan of survivors, if you haven’t seen it you should check it out, this sequence alone is worth watching Extinction.

[quote=“William Cutting”]

He gives it two and a half star. What’s interesting: I’ve never thought of the DEATH PROOF girls as lesbians. Ebert is a grumpy old man, and very ill. So eventually I liked his review.

[/quote]

Who cares about that fat fuckin’ toad anyway?!!! Even his hand doesn’t give him any play, anymore.

rest in piece roger ebert