Roger Ebert finally reviewed GRINDHOUSE

Godzilla was the Fahrenheit 9/11 of its time? Never heard that one. Weird!

Not to get into the CGI thing again, but its funny that the older Man In Suit Godzilla films were so much better than that turd. The same with King Kong. Ill take the 30s/70s versions over the CGI one anyday.

uhh heres the review… one and a half stars… that bastard…

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc … 20315/1023”>http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040702/REVIEWS/407020315/1023</LINK_TEXT>

Ahhh I see, in regards to it being a response after the attacks in WW2 (the original). That actually makes some sense. Although I dont see how a fake giant monster can be compared to Michael Moore talking out his ass…Then again a big giant monster…Michael Moores fat self…

I thought you originally meant the shitty remake of Godzilla. haha.

I love the older Godzilla films. Ebert really is a jackass sometimes. He praises many cult films (he wrote scripts w Sexploitation king Russ Meyer btw) then he bashes other ones.

Pete, the way you described Abby made me think of QT’s mom Connie.

Max: Theres gotta be a bit of QTs mom in some of those girls. Shes probably one of his biggest inspirations for his women characters. Since she raised him by herself.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
He praises many cult films (he wrote scripts w Sexploitation king Russ Meyer btw) then he bashes other ones.
[/quote]

That’s perfectly logical, don’t you think? Why should he or anyone praise every cult film ever made? In actual fact, there are more shitty than good cult films out there.

Pete, I have seen your previous post before you deleted it. I’m not trying to “fuck with you” man, I have no clue where you got that idea. I was just saying that you don’t have to like every cult film ever made just because you’re a cult film fan. Jesus.

You honestly werent trying to piss me off by saying what you said? Wow, I must be nuts then.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
You honestly werent trying to piss me off by saying what you said? Wow, I must be nuts then.
[/quote]

I replied to one statement you made and offered my own alternative opinion on the subject. If that’s enough to “piss you off”, that’s not my problem. Just chill dude.

Whatever, it doesnt matter I guess. I just got sort of offended at how you said that.

It’s alright, no harm done. That’s what I hate about any text messages anyway, they can easily be interpreted the wrong way. 8)

I don’t get Roger sometimes, based on this review it seems like he hated Planet Terror. I hate how zombie films are always dismissed as utter crap. If I recall correctly, Richard Roeper hated Land Of The Dead, they also hate all Resident Evil movies, and more. Can you beleive they gave the Dawn Of The Dead remake 3 fucking stars, that shit isin’t right! Just because Zach Snyder made zombies run fast (the most retarded thing ever) it dosen’t make it better than the original which was also given 3 stars by Roger Ebert. I liked Planet Terror, but I just felt that it needed more exposition, it feels like he cheated his way out of filling the plot holes, but it’s still a great movie nonetheless.

I loved Planet Terror though I don’t really like zombie movies

Bio: Thats why you shouldnt really bother listening to critics. Take the stuff they say with a grain of salt. They really arent worth getting pissed off over. Esp if you love certain kinds of films that arent the A list Oscar/family friendly movies.

If you want to see a film, go see it and make up your own mind/opinions on it. Who gives a crap what Ebert and Roeper think?

I watch Ebert and Roeper just to get more of an in depth look at a movie I want to see, and after they review a certain film I go and watch it either way. The new wave of “zombie” films are really starting tobother me, like the 28 series, and all these other remakes. The rules that Romero established shouldn’t change, they work perfectly as they are, I think any writer should just find the perfect story and fit it in with what Romero established.

Eastern: Why don’t you like zombie films, the gore bothers you?

Bio; I hear ya. I watch their show too to see whats going on. But I usually just go see stuff im interested in. I try to watch all kinds of stuff though.

On the zombie reimagining subject: I cant say that type of stuff bothers me. I think if every zombie movie was just the slow moving kind, there would be completely no reason to do them at all. I mean I like the classic zombie flicks, but if youve seen one zombie siege on a group of people, youve seen them all. I think the only way to keep it fresh is to change the rules a bit. Just my personal opinion.

Zombies are supposed to be the dead coming back to life, so of course they should move slow, but if youre dealing with disease infected humans (sickos), they should be able to move fast.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Eastern: Why don’t you like zombie films, the gore bothers you?
[/quote]
Don’t know. They all seem to be the same. Resident Evil was ok but I can’t remember anything special about other zombie films. I’m more into vampire stuff 8)

But this is one of my theories of why running zombies does NOT work. And the primary reason is the lack of action, there will hardly be any exterior action and very little interaction with the undead. Like in every Romero movie there is always close-quarter combat sequences, especially in Dawn Of The Dead, and if you look at the remake, all of the characters are confined in a single setting and do not go out until the very end! Sure the zombies are dangerous and it’s more intense, but i like the slow-paced zombies because you can do more with that. And it’s creepier to. There also hasen’t been a zombie film with snow, have you noticed that?

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Can you beleive they gave the Dawn Of The Dead remake 3 fucking stars, that shit isin’t right! Just because Zach Snyder made zombies run fast (the most retarded thing ever) it dosen’t make it better than the original which was also given 3 stars by Roger Ebert.

[/quote]

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc … 40301/1023”>http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19790504/REVIEWS/905040301/1023</LINK_TEXT>

Bio: I actually enjoyed the Dawn remake. I guess Im not a purist in the way you are. Id like to see Diary of the Dead to see what George came up with for the new story.

A snow zombie movie would be pretty cool. I already have a sequence in mind Id love to see: Zombies getting killed by snowmobilers and skiiers with machetes and shot guns.

A Zombie western is def needed too. Imagine a Sam Peckinpah Wild Bunch type zombie killing sequence?