The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Roger Avary Ready To Storm "Castle Wolfenstein"

[i]If you’re Roger Avary, you must have one hell of an address book - his lauded screenwriting collaborators include fan favorites Quentin Tarantino (â€

Wow, Avary’s doing his own Video Game/WW2 Men on A Mission movie. Yay. I’m really excited about this. Cant wait. I’ll be there opening day.

So we have Guy Ritchie doing The Dirty Dozen remake, Roger Avary doing a WW2 Men on a mission video game adaptation, Bryan Singer doing a WW2 nazi espionage film. It feels like 1995 all over again! :slight_smile:

Ya know, its funny as I read that it sounded like Avary took the stuff QT said about making Bastards then kinda regurgitated it. Nice one!

[quote=“PutneySwope”]So we have Guy Ritchie doing The Dirty Dozen remake, Roger Avary doing a WW2 Men on a mission video game adaptation, Bryan Singer doing a WW2 nazi espionage film. It feels like 1995 all over again! :slight_smile:[/quote]
Why 1995?

This actually sounds pretty good. I’ve never played that particular game, but i’ve seen clips of it on youtube.

[quote=“Dantes Inferno”]
Why 1995?
[/quote]

Im just joking about how after Pulp came out, everyone was doing those QT-style crime films with the groups of odd guys pulling heists etc.

Maybe this will be cool. I dont know. Im more interested in seeing QTs Bastards. Hopefully he’ll make it before he retires.

QT shouldn’t fuckin retire. he should make awesome crazy cinema until he’s as old as… at least Hef…

I never minded Avary that much, because I like Killing Zoe and Rules of Attraction. I thought they were pretty good films (not as good as Tarantino’s films since Pulp, but pretty good nonetheless). And I have really fond memories of playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I remember it so well. It was cold outside and I just played all day. So this is a film I’ll probably be going to see.