Robert Rodriguez's Sin City

This won’t make or break RR’s career. His movies cost so little to make and they turn out to make a lot of money back - he’s a revolutionary! VIVA!

exactly. i think all three spy kids movies made at least a 100 mil and what did they cost? like 30 or 40 mil a piece?

Yep - he knows how to cut corners and make it look good. El Mariachi was made for seven grand and did well for that low amount of cash

[quote]This won’t make or break RR’s career.  His movies cost so little to make and they turn out to make a lot of money back  - he’s a revolutionary!  VIVA![/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? If this film is universally deemed a masterpiece, he becomes more popular. That is how peoples careers are made. Through money.

[quote]god can define however what a joke is, and that was a joke.[/quote]

God can also define a good joke, and that was not one.

!BURNED!

OUATIM was worse than the other two. It wasn’t horrible, but it was definitely lacking. 6/10 stuff

[quote]

What the hell are you talking about? If this film is universally deemed a masterpiece, he becomes more popular. That is how peoples careers are made. Through money.[/quote]

I am talking about Robert’s career and livelyhood are already set - he is living a film maker’s dream having his studio - music & film connected to his house and he gets paid for what he loves to do.

That’s what the Hell I am talking about.

Vivicus posted some great pics of Alba in a other topic. (<LINK_TEXT text=“http://tarantino.webds.de/cgi-bin/taran … 1084981468”>http://tarantino.webds.de/cgi-bin/tarantino/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ot;action=display;num=1084981468</LINK_TEXT>) I closed it, cuz of double topic.

Here is a link to the site where you can see more about the pics:

<LINK_TEXT text=““Stockholm” Official Trailer — Ethan Hawke and Noomi Rapace Develop an Unexpected Bond in Bank Robbery/Hostage Drama Inspired By the Wild First Case of ‘Stockholm Syndrome’ … rom=&ucat=”>http://www.themoviebox.net/php/news/stories.php?subaction=showfull&id=1084969229&archive=&start_from=&ucat=</LINK_TEXT>&

Jessica speaks with thePeople Magazine:

Jessica Alba Strips Down

We’ve heard about actors having to peel away all the layers to get to the heart of their performance, but Jessica Alba is bringing new meaning to the concept for her role in the movie Sin City (due next year). “I play a stripper,” she tells us. “I’ve been going to strip clubs and seeing about what to do. … I’m trying to figure out the performance. (Strippers are) so, like, skanky, you know, it’s just about getting a tip and doing a lap dance, but (my character) does a performance, so I have to go hit up some drag shows or something.” So, what can we look forward to in Alba’s striptease? “My character has chaps and a lasso, but I’m not going to be naked – no nudity,” she says (sorry, guys). And no choreographer, either. Director Robert Rodriguez (Spy Kids) “wants me to just feel the music,” says Alba. “So I’m going to be in my hotel room (on location in Austin) with chaps trying to figure out what to do.”

So if one of you guys is from Austin, you could meet her in a stri club. Good luck.

not much, but some footage:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/ … y/footage/”>http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/STUVWXYZ/SinCity/footage/</LINK_TEXT>

Sin City: According to Variety, Quentin Tarantino got paid exactly $1 to film a scene in Sin City. Robert Rodriguez co-directed the rest of the Dimension Films drama with Frank Miller, who created the graphic novel series. Tarantino filmed a scene in the final segment featuring Clive Owen, Benicio Del Toro and Brittany Murphy.

While it seemed Tarantino was working cheap, he actually got the better of the deal between himself and Rodriguez. After all, Tarantino paid Rodriguez $1 to compose the score for "Kill Bill Vol. 2."

Tarantino went to Austin, Texas, to shoot the scene and because he wanted to sample the digital filmmaking techniques Rodriguez used on "Sin City."

While his cast got paid more than Tarantino, Rodriguez put together a strong ensemble for a reasonable budget. Michael Clarke Duncan was a late addition to a cast that included Bruce Willis, Josh Hartnett, Mickey Rourke, Nick Stahl, Jessica Alba, Elijah Wood, Carla Gugino, Jaime King and Marley Shelton.

Damn, Jessica Alba looks hot as shit there. I’ve never seen her so bangalicious :smiley:

Looks pretty cool already. With QT it should be awesome.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/ … y/main.php”>http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/STUVWXYZ/SinCity/main.php</LINK_TEXT>

from Joblo: As some of you may already know, the Arrow, Indiana Sev and I are currently in sunny San Diego for our annual coverage of the SAN DIEGO COMIC CON! Our comprehensive movie panel coverage should run across the entire of next week, but until then, we’ll be sure to slap up any cool pics that we find around this place…for example, the first promotional pic from Robert Rodriguez’s highly anticipated SIN CITY. Click pic to see it enlarged. On Saturday, Rodriguez, Frank Miller and 3 hotties from the film (Jessica Alba, Jamie King and Rosario Dawson) will be in town to shoot the shit about the production, as I attempt to ask Alba to marry me in the post-panel interview sessions. BTW, for anyone who will be at the Con over the weekend, try to make an appearance at the Saturday night masquerade, where we are attempting to hook up with various folks from the site in order to talk movies, drink alcoholic beverages and eat nachos…not necessarily in that order. Mickey!!!

and:

from eo:

talked with Clive Owen recently who revealed a bunch about his involvement in Robert Rodriguez’s “Sin City” comic adaptation. Owen plays the role of Dwight in the segment “The Big Fat Kill”. Dwight is a hard-nosed former photojournalist who gets sucked into his old ass-kicking ways when he gets involved with the Mob and an undercover cop.

Owen stars alongside Benicio Del Toro, Rosario Dawson and Brittany Murphy in his segments and confirmed Quentin Tarantino was involved in filming some of his segment - “Yeah, Tarantino came in for a couple of days to shoot a whole sequence with me and Benicio, so it was a really enjoyable job”.

The film, much like this Fall’s “Sky Captain & The World of Tomorrow”, is shot entirely against green screen to allow “Rodriguez to best capture Miller’s singular visual style”. Of the process, Owen says “The world is going to be put in afterwards, the backdrops. The most striking thing about that movie is how incredibly faithful to the books it is. Frame by frame he’s recreating Miller’s graphic novels and if there’s bubbles on the panel, then we say the dialogue. It’s that faithful…on the whole all those serious graphic novel geeks that love Sin City will come and be blown away”.

is this official? Seems unlikely since Mickey Rourke isn’t exactly the A-List actor in this ensemble cast…

maybe there’s different posters for different characters.

[quote]is this official?  Seems unlikely since Mickey Rourke isn’t exactly the A-List actor in this ensemble cast…[/quote]

That poster is official!!! There are different posters for different characters. However Marv is one of the biggest characters, if not the biggest!

can you post the other posters?

[size=1]pretty please with sugar on top[/size]

What’s sin city? And what does it have to do with Quentin?

You have homework Bexi, do it now.