Robert Rodriguez's Sin City

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
but really every single review pointed out that the story and script seem to lack behind…well… I’ll see…
[/quote]

Well if they’re gonna bitch about that, then they might as take all the hatred out on the graphic novels since nearly every frame of the movie is took from the comics.

Wow, holy shit this movie blew me away. I knew it was going to be violent and stylish, but not to this degree! Mickey Rourke is fuckin cool

I have one thing to ask though…for anyone who’s seen the movie, or is about to go see it, watch right near the end when Becky’s walking down the hall in the hospital, i SWEAR I saw Buck walk in front of her! He cuts from one side of the hall to the other. I can’t say for sure, but someone check on this please!

Cause that would be cool if Tarantino got him a little cameo

Hard Goodbye…set the tone for the whole movie, it was holy crap, i can’t believe how many people have already died! That part where he jumped through the windshield was fuckin awesome

I noticed that guy too, you’re right he did look a lot like buck from Kill Bill. I guess he was goin’ to fuck another coma patient.

I hadta see the movie again so I dragged my girlfriend to it. She liked it upto when Kevin came on. That scene where it shows his fuckn creepy eyes scared her shitless. Now she hates the movie. She was scared of Yellow Bastard too. haha. I love it.

Damn. I need to see this film big time.

I guess i’ll have to wait until it comes out on DVD as I’m only 15 and the rating system here in the UK sucks.

Definitely one of the most awesome movies I’ve ever seen… and probably the best one to come out this year already. The visual effects are really incredible and the plot is very Tarantino reminescent.

I’m 15 and I got in to see it… haha I do look older and it pays off at times like these!!!

Yeah im 15 too and i got in. But i had to put the slip on the people who check your tickets.

[quote=“Bride-To-Be”]
Definitely one of the most awesome movies I’ve ever seen… and probably the best one to come out this year already. The visual effects are really incredible and the plot is very Tarantino reminescent.

I’m 15 and I got in to see it… haha I do look older and it pays off at times like these!!!
[/quote]

no, it’s because you have a vagina.

Haven’t read the Frank Miller original so I’m kind of wondering if I’d be completely lost if I saw this movie… any thoughts? ???

You won’t be lost at all, you just won’t have the complete and utter orgasmic experience as someone who read the books. It’s almost frame for frame the book.

Outstanding film! Film of the Year so far! That may change when Episode III drops. My favorite characters in “SIN CITY” are…

1. Miho (Devon Aoki is officially on the fuckin’ map! Man she kicked ass in this film and never looked so hot doing it. Sorry Chiaki but Miho would destroy Gogo Yubari.)

2. Kevin (Damn that kid was ruthless. The type of character that would make Hannibal Lector shit his pants.)

3. Marv (This guy just doesn’t give a fuck. I love his humor too.)

I never really read the “Sin City” novels but damn these are some very good characters.

What did you think of Carla Cugino, Blaze? (I think she’d fit in your godesses gallery)

[quote=“BlazeAlpha”]
Outstanding film! Film of the Year so far! That may change when Episode III drops. My favorite characters in “SIN CITY” are…

1. Miho (Devon Aoki is officially on the fuckin’ map! Man she kicked ass in this film and never looked so hot doing it. Sorry Chiaki but Miho would destroy Gogo Yubari.)

2. Kevin (Damn that kid was ruthless. The type of character that would make Hannibal Lector shit his pants.)

3. Marv (This guy just doesn’t give a fuck. I love his humor too.)

I never really read the “Sin City” novels but damn these are some very good characters.
    [/quote]

Devon Aoki is on the map? LOL, She didn't say a word!!!

[quote=“Laydback”]
What did you think of Carla Cugino, Blaze? (I think she’d fit in your godesses gallery)
[/quote]

OMG, I didn’t realize Carla had a body like that! I’ve been sleepin hard. I’m awake now. Carla would get it super raw from me.

[quote=“SteveZissou”]

Devon Aoki is on the map? LOL, She didn’t say a word!!!
[/quote]

Didn’t have to. It was the performance that was great! Her actions spoke a thousand words. The character Kevin (Elijah Wood) didn’t say shit either but was one of the most powerful characters in the film. I was discussing this with my friend when we left the theatre. I said name the top 3 characters that left a impact and both of us had Miho and Kevin in our top 3. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying that Devon will all of sudden turn into this Oscar worthy actress, I’m just saying with her performance in “Sin City” the door is open for her to do other action related shit. I think if she sticks with action she’ll be okay.

WOW! What a great movie! I managed to see it when I was over at a friends house (yes it was a bootleg but I’m too young to see it at the cinema and I will definately buy it when it comes out on DVD, so I havent done Rodriguez or anyone else out of money).

This is definately one of my favourite movies of all time. I can’t wait for a possible sequal. Now, where can I buy the comics from?

Any old comic book store can order the re-production trade paperback additions of any of the Sin City comics you want. The only one you might have a hard time getting would be “That Yellow Bastard”, or “A Dame to Kill For”.

[quote=“Red_Cardinal”]
WOW! What a great movie! I managed to see it when I was over at a friends house (yes it was a bootleg but I’m too young to see it at the cinema and I will definately buy it when it comes out on DVD, so I havent done Rodriguez or anyone else out of money).

This is definately one of my favourite movies of all time. I can’t wait for a possible sequal. Now, where can I buy the comics from?
[/quote]

All you have to do is go to any book store and buy it. they just released all the books in a reissue with nice covers and stuff. Ecpect to spend $17-$19…or www.amazon.com has everything.

[quote=“SteveZissou”]
You won’t be lost at all, you just won’t have the complete and utter orgasmic experience as someone who read the books. It’s almost frame for frame the book.
[/quote]

Good to know… might just have to find a copy of the book just so I can get the full experience.