Robert Rodriguez to direct BARBARELLA remake! OMFG

I wonder if he had her checked for coodies before he started fuckin her. I know I wouldn’t want to exchange bodily fluids with someone that was with MM.

yeah i know what ya mean MM pretty rancid

Filmmaker Robert Rodriguez’s vision of a “Barbarella” remake has been dashed after he failed to get appropriate funding for the project.

According to the “Sin City” producer/director/writer’s interview with MTV, his adaptation of the 1968 erotic sci-fi Jane Fonda-starrer flick is officially dead after being in development for years.

Former “Charmed” star Rose McGowan was supposed to take the titular character in 2007, but Universal Pictures drew back when the budget soared past $80 million.

Rodriguez told MTV, “It came to the point where [a company from] Germany offered us a $70 million budget, which would have been by far the biggest budget I ever would have had for a movie.”

"But I had to shoot it in Germany and post it in Germany. Nothing against Germany, but I have five kids and I was like, ‘God, I don’t know if we can do that. I don’t know if I can be away that long.’"

He said that it was a “real bummer” to decline the proposal as he already had a clear vision of what he wants to see in the remake.

"We had all this artwork and screen tests of what it would look like. It was a really cool, R-rated, sexy - almost like that [1981 animated] movie, ‘Heavy Metal’ - version of a ‘Star Wars’ movie. Something that no one ever could get to see. It was gonna be really great."

Rodriguez has a lot in his agenda besides “Barbarella,” which he still hopes to make someday. He has “Red Sonja,” “Sin City 2,” and “Machete” among others to develop.

Thank God

One shot down, so many more to go. Get him back to Machete and SC2 already!

Thanks for that, Cyd.

I think he’s just producing “sonja”

It obviously had nothing to do with Rose’s lack of star power… I mean surely not.

A film starring Rose McGowan… we’re talking big numbers here…

snigger

So in essence, Cyd, you’re saying that if Robert had not had Rose in mind for the lead, it would have sold? :smiley:

Well Robert is more of a filmmaker than all of us, that’s for sure (well maybe not me - we’ll see). But Robert shouldn’t cast the girl he’s shagging for the sake of shagging her some more.

[quote=“Bio”]Robert is more of a filmmaker than all of us, that’s for sure (well maybe not me - we’ll see)[/quote]

LOL! ^ I like this ^ ;D

It’s true. I’m a young Orson Welles and John Huston combo reincarnated.

That’s what my Quentin poster told me last night.

(Creepy music here)

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
It’s true. I’m a young Orson Welles and John Huston combo reincarnated.

That’s what my Quentin poster told me last night.

(Creepy music here)
[/quote]

You really do make me laugh. ;D Too bad you’re such a shy-arsed pussy. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not good news, that’s bad news. I’d rather see a Barbarella remake by RR with Rose than not having it at all.

Sorry. I’d rather have a Machete than anything with Rose.

[quote=“Geoi”]
You really do make me laugh. ;D Too bad you’re such a shy-arsed pussy. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

I’m not shy, I just don’t see the need to meet. What the fuck is that all about?

I just come here to talk movies since it’s hard to find any savvy cinephiles, my friends are not interested in hearing about films or classic films - come to think of it not many people in here are all that intrigued on film discussions either.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
I’m not shy, I just don’t see the need to meet. What the fuck is that all about?

I just come here to talk movies since it’s hard to find any savvy cinephiles, my friends are not interested in hearing about films or classic films - come to think of it not many people in here are all that intrigued on film discussions either.
[/quote]

Fair enough.

man, I have started some intense film discussion in my time here. i’m one opinionated motherfucker, you just remember that Bio.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
man, I have started some intense film discussion in my time here. i’m one opinionated motherfucker, you just remember that Bio.
[/quote]

I know. I also liked your x-box rap.

thanks. that was a fun thing to do. If I wasn’t so lazy I would have made a real video to it. Haha.

I’m not sure why this is being reported over the internet as if it’s new news. I thought this was pretty much confirmed just a few months after the project was announced.

I would have loved to see this film though. Not sure how Robert not making a movie can be considered good news.

[quote=“Dex”]
I’m not sure why this is being reported over the internet as if it’s new news. I thought this was pretty much confirmed just a few months after the project was announced.

I would have loved to see this film though. Not sure how Robert not making a movie can be considered good news.
[/quote]

Rose not starring in it is the good thing.