The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Research Help

Hello all

Im doing my MA Dissertation on Tarantino’s audience and would really apprecaite it if any of your lovley people out there could fill in a questionairre for me?

If you could help, ít will take about 10 minutes max to fill in and is a seriers of 8 questions, a few on QT the rest on Kill Bill

Plus they are very simple and straightforward.

thank you :slight_smile:

As you might have already noticed from my previous post, here is the Tarantino questionnaire I was on about!

If anyone could take 10 minutes of their time to answer the 7 questions for me I would be most grateful thank you all!!

1. What do you admire most about tarantino?

2. Is there anything you don’t like about Tarantino?

3. What is your favourite Tarantino film and why?

4. What is your favourite part of Kill Bill?

5. Who is your favourite charachter in Kill Bill and why?

6. What do you admire most about The Bride?

7. Are there any parts of Kill Bill that you don’t like, if so which ones?

thats it! thank you for your time

1. What do you admire most about tarantino? Story, Dialogue, how characters are build up and presented, originality in technique, especially in Kill Bill

2. Is there anything you don’t like about Tarantino? Overuse of homages at times

3. What is your favourite Tarantino film and why? Pulp Fiction, the cast, story, attitude

4. What is your favourite part of Kill Bill? The Bride vs. Oren, because its kind of an intermission after all this big action has been thrown into your face, reminds me of a combination of a leone film with a kurosawa film, its action yet its drama, its tense, its art

5. Who is your favourite charachter in Kill Bill and why? Bud, because its not all about the surfaces with him, he comes on like an alcoholic loser yet hes still the only one in the film to capture the bride and kill her

6. What do you admire most about The Bride? Courage, attitude, the superwoman aspect of her, she’s a superhero

7. Are there any parts of Kill Bill that you don’t like, if so which ones? Showdown at house of blue leaves goes on maybe for a little bit too long, i find myself forwarding a little to get to the battle of The Bride and Oren

1. What do you admire most about tarantino? His originality through and through. His style. The dialogue not so much, but the topics he throws in are entirely unexpected…

2. Is there anything you don’t like about Tarantino? The homage, although I admire his use of it. I’d like to be able to notice more of his own originality. I’m wondering more and more if anything is his own idea.

3. What is your favourite Tarantino film and why? Kill Bill. The style and story appeal to me.

4. What is your favourite part of Kill Bill? The trailer bust-up between Elle and Bea. So tragic, yet so funny…

5. Who is your favourite character in Kill Bill and why? Budd. I suppose it’s the ‘loser’ aspect. His life is far from perfect yet he’s the most… interesting. Sorry, I find it difficult to explain things… I’ll improve my answers as I can.

6. What do you admire most about The Bride? Her determination.

7. Are there any parts of Kill Bill that you don’t like, if so which ones? The end of Vol. 2, from Esteban onwards weighs too heavily with the dialogue for me to thoroughly enjoy. I know it’s the way the movie works, and I appreciate it, but my personal tastes lean towards a little less conversation, a little more action please.

1. What do you admire most about tarantino? His ability to come up with great ideas and true cinematic experiences, chock full of fun and art

2. Is there anything you don’t like about Tarantino? His lazyness, he should’ve made twice the number of films already.

3. What is your favourite Tarantino film and why? Kill Bill Volume 2. So very cinematic and greatly made, a real pleasure to watch

4. What is your favourite part of Kill Bill? Volume 2. To be specific all scenes with major Morricone music :slight_smile:

5. Who is your favourite charachter in Kill Bill and why? Rufus. He’s the man :slight_smile:

6. What do you admire most about The Bride? That she keeps focused throughout the adventure although she suffers so much

7. Are there any parts of Kill Bill that you don’t like, if so which ones? the anime sequences. i am not an anime fan

1. What do you admire most about tarantino?

• Storylines, unfolding the story with the unchronology, use of music in his movies.

1. Is there anything you don’t like about Tarantino?
  • He hasn’t made more movies.

1. What is your favourite Tarantino film and why?
  • Jackie Brown is definitely the best movie (IMO), but my favourite is Kill Bill, just bevause the overall feeling of it and it’s just beautiful.

1. What is your favourite part of Kill Bill?
  • Chapter Six, the one first of Vol. 2.

1. Who is your favourite charachter in Kill Bill and why?
  • Budd, not only because of Michael Madsen, but he’s closest my thinking.

1. What do you admire most about The Bride?
  • She just never gives up.

1. Are there any parts of Kill Bill that you don’t like, if so which ones?
  • After Esteban Vihaio everything feels little bit too long.