RD/PF Chronological Order

Has QT ever come out, in interviews or anything, and actually said that PF happened before RD?

Why do you think events in Pulp Fiction happened BEFORE Reservoir Dogs?

Pulp Fiction was made after ResDogs. I really want to know what makes you think that.

I don’t think that. I know that PF was made after RD, but some have eluded to the fact that they feel that PF events happened before RD.

Well… I don’t know. Some say that Vincent and Mr. Blonde were brothers, but none of them said something about his brother’s death. They both died. Or maybe I didn’t listen carefully.

If any of those who read this post have their theories - please send them. It would be interesting.

Yeah Vincent and Mr. Bonde were brothers (which I think is preety groovy), as for the chronological order Ms Blonde said this on another post, and her logic makes sense to me:

Reservoir Dogs is 4 years after Pulp Fiction. Why?

Because when QT talks about making the Vega brothers, he says he wants to make it about the 2 guys running a club in Amsterdam. In Fiction, Vince just got back from Amsterdam. In Dogs, Vic has been in jail for 4 years.

Yes, I also think PF happened before RD. The reason why has already been pointed out by Ms Blonde but I also just noticed a little detail concerning that.

As VIncent walked around Jack Rabbit Slims and saw the James Dean Waiter (who looked a lot like Vic), he simply didn’t look at him, like he reminded Vincent of his dead brother. It was more of a smile.

Vic has been in jail for 4 years…

Perfect… that explains it, because he JUST got out of the jail and he was killed soon. That means he already HAD that club in Amsterdam. Thank you Jot!

And Metallic_Slayer… Well, if RD is AFTER PF then why did James Dean remind Vincent about his dead brother who was more than alive in that moment?

If Pulp Fiction was first, then Vincent died before Vic, and Vic should be the one whos brother’s dead.

And look - after Vincent’s death Vic was unlucky. At first jail for 4 years, then death. And he was the one who started to shoot. Maybe his brother’s, who was a criminal too, death made Vic feel unsafe, as such thing could happen to him too. Maybe that’s why he became cold and sadistic?

Hey yeah I never thought of it that way, that’s probably why Vic was so messed up I mean his brother is dead and he just spent 4 years in prison. Thanks bleach, I guess blonde wasn’t insane after all, or at least not always.

I still hold to my beliefs…RD was before PF due to what I heard in the interview with Steve Buscemi who knows QT.

Later

[quote=“Bleach”]
And Metallic_Slayer… Well, if RD is AFTER PF then why did James Dean remind Vincent about his dead brother who was more than alive in that moment?

If Pulp Fiction was first, then Vincent died before Vic, and Vic should be the one whos brother’s dead.
[/quote]

Where did I say something else?

[quote]As VIncent walked around Jack Rabbit Slims and saw the James Dean Waiter (who looked a lot like Vic), he simply didn’t look at him, like he reminded Vincent of his dead brother. It was more of a smile. [/quote]

What I meant was, he didn’t look at that waiter the way you look at somebody reminding you of your dead brother. The look in Vincent’s face was more like “Hey, Vic, got out of jail earlier?”.

What I meant was, he didn’t look at that waiter the way you look at somebody reminding you of your dead brother. The look in Vincent’s face was more like “Hey, Vic, got out of jail earlier?”.

If that was the case though, I think that QT would have actually cast Madsen as that character, much the same way he cast Buscemi as Buddy Holly.

Later

As far as I know, he actually wanted Madsen to play VIncent Vega, but that didn’t happen because Michael was heavily involved in another film, so that he couldn’t work on Pulp Ficition at the same time. That could also be the explanation why he used some other actor and not Mr. Blonde himself.

Damn, that’s bad… I like Madsen in QT movies. But that would make them more like twins or something, and that’s not so cool anymore. But Tarantino could search for a more Madsen-like actor, because I somehow can’t imagine Vincent and Vic as brothers…

I meant that he could have cast Madsen as the ‘James Dean’ waiter…regardless of his work on the other movie the ‘James Dean’ waiter in Jack Rabbit Slims was not a demanding role.

Later

Well, I don’t know the real reason. But anyway, it’s REALLY obvious imo that the waiter should remind you of Vic. He has the facial expression Vic/Michael has and walks that specific way.

i dunno… i always get a sense of when tarantino films are set by the size of their mobile phones. nice guy eddie’s is an ancient brick, while vincent’s phone is slightly less hefty, so it seems more like pulp was set after. (also check the size of elle driver’s phone in kill bill to get a sense of when that waking from a coma scene was set)

in the deleted scenes of pulp that night club in amsterdam was owned by someone else, hence mia having stayed there and having her photo up at the bar, the vega bros didnt necessarily run it. though the theory about vic being a bit unhinged having been in jail four years and his bro dieing while he was inside is pretty cool.