Rate Kill Bill!

I just watched it for the first time in a couple of years. I’ve had time to see things differently in those two short years which has led me to see Kill Bill a lot differently as well. I must say that after Vol. 2 was over I found myself questioning wheter or not Pulp Fiction is still my favorite movie. There is certainly a lot more depth to Kill Bill, not to mention that undeniably GENIUS interpretation of Superman’s view of humans on Earth. I think that anyone with talents that they have given up on can leave this movie with a sense of motivation and an uplifted spirit. Seriously…It’s a masterpiece.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I must say that after Vol. 2 was over I found myself questioning wheter or not Pulp Fiction is still my favorite movie. There is certainly a lot more depth to Kill Bill, not to mention that undeniably GENIUS interpretation of Superman’s view of humans on Earth. I think that anyone with talents that they have given up on can leave this movie with a sense of motivation and an uplifted spirit. Seriously…It’s a masterpiece.
[/quote]

I think QT fans hold Pulp Fiction so dear that its impossible to think any other QT movie could top it. Its like the first love that we compare all other relationships to. But I agree Kill Bill is up there with Pulp - I think its easier just to cop out and say that they are both so good they can’t be compared!

As for the superman thing, I agree - I never saw it like that until I watched Kill Bill and thought it was a really great observation.

With exception to four rooms and Death Proof, all of Tarantino’s films are masterpieces. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that Reservoir Dogs compares to Kill Bill or Pulp, but it’s def a great film. Kill Bill is just one of those films that really cannot be compared to because it is a league entirely of its own.

For me both of them Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 are masterpieces, no doubt about it. I prefer Vol. 2 more because it has more of the spaghetti-western feeling than 1st has and I just absolutely love it. 1st one is still a real masterpiece, one of the best movies I’ve seen. You know what made these movies a masterpiece for me? David Carradine and his absolutely magnificent acting. I’ve only seen Kill Bill’s from him, but still I think his one of my favorite actors, just because of his role as Bill in these movies. Michael Madsen, Sonny Chiba, Uma Thurman, Michael Parks and Chia Hui Liu are also magnificent, but for me Carradine just stole the whole movie, more closely said only Vol. 2. Choosing Carradine as Bill was QT’s maybe the best choice of his whole career.

Just have to add, I hate Larry Bishop, even in this one. He is even more worse than Eli Roth.

Yeah, I absolutely loved the whole mytique surrounding Bill in Volume 1. He kept appearing on screen, face hidden, saying these cool lines in a cool way with a cool voice.

I haven’t seen Kill Bill in such a long time properly, but it really is becoming increasingly difficult to carry on saying Pulp Fiction is QT’s greatest film…

[quote=“Ify”]
…it really is becoming increasingly difficult to carry on saying Pulp Fiction is QT’s greatest film…
[/quote]

because it isn’t :wink:

:angel: >:D

I’m ashamed to say that I’ve only seen them once (in the theater) so I won’t vote until I see them again (I would give them 9 now). I was waiting for TWBA to be released but can’t wait any longer so I’m getting the uncut Japanese DVDs next week.

The reason I write here is that Kill Bill (vol.1 & 2) was pronounced the greatest film of the decade in the largest Croatian newspapers, not that it matters much, but still… ;D

I’d have to give it a 9. I loved this film a lot. But I just don’t fell like I can put it up there at a 10 with Pulp Fiction and Inglourious. Still love this movie and hope he does make a third installment.

This is my choice for movie of the decade. While Pulp Fiction will always be considered the Tarantino masterpiece, in my view it is unquestionably ‘Kill Bill’ and the combined ‘whole bloody affair version’ reaffirms this. As individual Volumes they are great, as one complete epic it is flawless. As far as the actual release of TWBA it’s now reached the “I’ll believe it when I see it” status. Thanks to a little research and the uncut Japanese verisons of the DVDs it can be seen in a DIY version, that based on the evidence has to be how it was originally intended to be seen. Anyway back the movie itself.

Why is this movie so great? Well for me the number one reason and this is the same of any great long movie, is that at no point in time does the movie seem overlong or boring and by the time it’s over you want to watch it again. Second is that it’s Tarantino’s most mature film. You just need to watch the final chapter to see why. All of the major actors and actresses give career best performances. It’s stylistically the best he’s ever been. I can not think of a single thing that I’d change about it. Other then the fact that I would not have split it in two. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are also 10’s and so is Kill Bill. For God’s sake release TWBA already. The world must see this masterpiece as intended. Now for the rest of you here is the formula. I’ll guide you to this page first.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … ody_Affair”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/The_Whole_Bloody_Affair</LINK_TEXT>

At the end of Vol. 1 the Bride (Helmet on) is interrogating Sofie in the trunk, but really talking to the audience. The last line is “I want them all to know they’ll all soon be as dead as O-Ren” after that the screen goes black for about 5 seconds and immediately following that it goes into the Bride making the list and some philosophy from Hattori Hanzo. For me the black screen is the intermission so stop the disc at this point. After the FTB what follows is essentially a preview of Volume 2 and it contains the cliffhanger. Now after that simply insert Volume 2. Go directly to the second chapter of the disc and the movie continues on.

[quote=“CM Putnam”]This is my choice for movie of the decade. While Pulp Fiction will always be considered the Tarantino masterpiece, in my view it is unquestionably ‘Kill Bill’ and the combined ‘whole bloody affair version’ reaffirms this. As individual Volumes they are great, as one complete epic it is flawless. As far as the actual release of TWBA it’s now reached the “I’ll believe it when I see it” status. Thanks to a little research and the uncut Japanese verisons of the DVDs it can be seen in a DIY version, that based on the evidence has to be how it was originally intended to be seen. Anyway back the movie itself.

Why is this movie so great? Well for me the number one reason and this is the same of any great long movie, is that at no point in time does the movie seem overlong or boring and by the time it’s over you want to watch it again. Second is that it’s Tarantino’s most mature film. You just need to watch the final chapter to see why. All of the major actors and actresses give career best performances. It’s stylistically the best he’s ever been. I can not think of a single thing that I’d change about it. Other then the fact that I would not have split it in two. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are also 10’s and so is Kill Bill. For God’s sake release TWBA already. The world must see this masterpiece as intended. Now for the rest of you here is the formula. I’ll guide you to this page first.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … ody_Affair”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/The_Whole_Bloody_Affair</LINK_TEXT>

At the end of Vol. 1 the Bride (Helmet on) is interrogating Sofie in the trunk, but really talking to the audience. The last line is “I want them all to know they’ll all soon be as dead as O-Ren” after that the screen goes black for about 5 seconds and immediately following that it goes into the Bride making the list and some philosophy from Hattori Hanzo. For me the black screen is the intermission so stop the disc at this point. After the FTB what follows is essentially a preview of Volume 2 and it contains the cliffhanger. Now after that simply insert Volume 2. Go directly to the second chapter of the disc and the movie continues on.[/quote]

What do you mean by it’s his most mature film?

for me i rated kill bill ah 10 because it is a great a movie. .

Kill bill movie first part is more interesting and good one form second part

. In first part of movie end fighting seen are so amazing.

I thing make one more Part for this movie kill bill 3

I rate first part 9/10

I rate second part 6/10

Definitely a 10 from me!!! Wonderfully written script that keeps the viewer engaged the entire movie. Another great thing about this film is you can watch it over and over without getting tired of it.

Seriously, Great Moive!

Both were simply brilliant! Typical Tarantino.

As with many of his movies, still trying to figure out WHY he went for the Samurai topic and not for a much easier target. It is brilliant, no question.

The first time I associated Uma with sexy, have to admit.

Slightly disappointed that many will rank the Kill Bills as “secondary” to Pulp Fiction. PF has become the standard, the bar.

Kill Bill is definitely the most popular and the most entertaining of all Quentin Tarantino movies. I loved the movie!

A awesome on perfect 10 for me…my husband and I had a perfect bonding watching this movie :slight_smile:

I absolutely love both of these movies. I could watch them back to back every weekend and they would not get old. I hope they keep making kick ass movies like this forever. >:D

I am no expert on movies but the kill bill 1 and 2 in my opinion wasn’t even up to par to a sifi channel movie,and they can churn out about 10 a week. Just my opinion.

Look out the light at the end of the tunnel might be a train

Kill Bill 1 was back on TV in the UK a couple of nights ago. I haven’t seen it for ages but couldn’t resist staying up on a work night to watch it.

It is such a fantastic film, gritty, gripping, good story and great acting. Such a shame more film makers don’t take a leaf out of Tarantino’s books - he is a true genius!