Rate All QT Films

Dogs opened the door - this is true - but Pulp made it all happen. Nothing has been the same since pulp

^ True.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
Besides The Shining, which was excellent, there is not a single other movie that holds my interest.
[/quote]

1. Full Metal Jacket
  2. Clockwork Orange
  3. Dr. Strangelove

should be able to hold your interest

Clockwork Orange is my fav from him.

But yeah, Clockwork Orange, 2001, Full Metal Jacket, Dr. Strangelove, The Shining. I don’t know why Kubrick isn’t liked that much around here. I know some like him on this board, but come on.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]

1. Full Metal Jacket
  2. Clockwork Orange
  3. Dr. Strangelove

should be able to hold your interest
    [/quote]

Well Clockwork and Strangelove didn’t, but Full Metal Jacket did the first 3 times I saw it. But I would not want to see the movie again today.

I need to see Clockwork again someday, maybe I too quickly dismissed it the first time I saw it.

For those who have seen Inglourious Basterds, update! Keep in mind the top 3 10/10 films aren’t in order. I’ve changed mine a but, and done it out of 10, finding it hard to use these ratings, but roughly, here goes:

Directed:

Pulp Fiction - 10/10

Reservoir Dogs - 10/10

Kill Bill (Both Volumes) - 10/10

Inglourious Basterds - 9/10

Jackie Brown - 8/10

Death Proof - 6/10

Written (but not Directed):

From Dusk Till Dawn - 8/10

True Romance - 8/10

Natural Born Killers - 8/10

Directed

Kill Bill Vol.2 : 10/10

Pulp Fiction : 10/10

Reservoir Dogs : 10/10

Inglourious Basterds : 9/10

Kill Bill Vol.1 : 8/10

Jackie Brown : 7/10

Deathproof : 7/10

Does it even make sense compared to the QT films ranking I done on the IB forums, I don’t think so xD

Written

True Romance : 10000/10

From Dusk TIll Dawn : 8/10

Natural Born Killers : 6/10

Directed

Jackie Brown : 9.5/10

Inglourious Basterds : 9.5/10

Pulp Fiction : 9/10

Kill Bill Vol.2 : 8.5/10

Reservoir Dogs : 8.5/10

Kill Bill Vol.1 : 7.5/10

Deathproof : 7/10

Written

(Since QT didn’t direct these, they just start at 5/10. If I liked it, it rises above 5, if I didn’t, below 5. I am starting at 5 because he only wrote them for a half score, if that makes sense.)

True Romance : 6/10

From Dusk TIll Dawn : 7.5/10

Natural Born Killers : 4.5/10

its quiet around here aint it?

anyway…

Reservoir Dogs - 10/10

Pulp Fiction - 10/10

Jackie Brown - 9/10

Kill Bill vol 1 - 9/10

Kill Bill vol 2 - 8/10

Death Proof - 7/10

Inglourious Basterds - 9/10

Natural Born Killers 4/10

True Romance - 9.5/10 (Can’t understand the low scores for it, its sense of fun mixed with serious content and blistering dialogue is very similar to Basterds)

[quote=“G”]Directed

Deathproof : 7/10[/quote]

It makes so much sense to me now. Consider this as mine aswell, only maybe RD and KB Vol2 a little higher (well actually, KB vol 2 the highest of all) Shit I had one beer but my stomach is so empty I'm already half drunk. But man...your ratings are perfect.

What you wrote about the scripts, I don't quite follow though. And TR is the best. I really consider it as one, if not the best movie QT worked on. Maybe the fact it was directed by Tony Scott even made it better. But man it's just so perfect and rewatchable and fun to watch. So thrilling and yet funny at times. Awesome characters. Awesome romance. A true one.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”][quote=“G”]Directed

Deathproof : 7/10[/quote]

It makes so much sense to me now. Consider this as mine aswell, only maybe RD and KB Vol2 a little higher (well actually, KB vol 2 the highest of all) Shit I had one beer but my stomach is so empty I'm already half drunk. But man...your ratings are perfect.

What you wrote about the scripts, I don't quite follow though. And TR is the best. I really consider it as one, if not the best movie QT worked on. Maybe the fact it was directed by Tony Scott even made it better. But man it's just so perfect and rewatchable and fun to watch. So thrilling and yet funny at times. Awesome characters. Awesome romance. A true one.[/quote]
About the script movies, if QT directed True Romance for example, I would of prob gave it a higher score. Since we are rating off of his work to it, I just gave them all 5/10 for half the credit. Then I went bac and either improve/decrease the ratings. I liked True Romance.

My directing ratings, I didn't put a 10 because I don't think of them 100% good. I hope after a year or so, Inglourious Basterds could become my complete 10/10. Right now Jackie Brown is my fav to reach 10/10 but there is that .5 I didn't feel it needed. It's one of my fav movies, as so is all of his work, but I don't feel the need to say his works are 10/10, yet.

Reservoir Dogs 10/10

Jackie Brown 9.5/10

Pulp Fiction 9/10

Inglourious Basterds 7.5/10 (I regret saying it was bad after watching it a 2nd time)

Death Proof 7.5/10 (equal to IB)

Kill Bill Volume 1 7/10

Kill Bill Volume 2 6/10

Had True Romance been on the list I would have rated it 9.5 but QT didnt direct it.

Glad you took a 2nd viewing on I.B.

I agree with True Romance. If QT directed it, cast his own actors (but still had Gary Oldman and Brad Pitt in their roles), and his choice of music, I would of liked it better. It was a good movie, but couldn’t rate it higher than his films, since we are rating his films.

After having seen IB for the second time, I’ve changed my mind, I like it even more:

Directed:

Pulp Fiction - 10/10

Reservoir Dogs - 10/10

Kill Bill (Both Volumes) - 10/10

Inglourious Basterds - 10/10

Jackie Brown - 8/10

Death Proof - 6/10

True Romance - 8/10

Natural Born Killers - 8/10

Directed:

Pulp Fiction - 10/10

Kill Bill (Vol 1 and 2) - 9/10

Inglourious Basterds - 8.5/10 (liked it but need to see it more to give a definite score)

Jackie Brown - 8.5/10

Reservoir Dogs - 8/10

Death Proof - 7.5/10

From Dusk Till Dawn - 5/10

Natural Born Killers - 6/10

[quote=“TheMeme”]Directed:

Pulp Fiction - 10/10

Kill Bill (Vol 1 and 2) - 9/10

Inglourious Basterds - 8.5/10 (liked it but need to see it more to give a definite score)

Jackie Brown - 8.5/10

Reservoir Dogs - 8/10

Death Proof - 7.5/10

From Dusk Till Dawn - 5/10

Natural Born Killers - 6/10[/quote]

But no True Romance??? ;D

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]But no True Romance??? ;D[/quote]

Have not seen it yet, so I left it out :slight_smile: