Rambo (2008)

“Rambo IV: First Blood Part III”, or “Rambo: Still Kicking Ass at 60 (but with my shirt on)” would have been better titles.

I like it myself. It’s simple…RAMBO!

It’s confusing as hell though, imagine some kid wanting to rent these movies 30 years from now. He’ll get a migraine just trying to figure this shit out.

Hehe, at least something will be complex about these movies ;D

Really looking forward to this though :slight_smile: Been a while since I enjoyed some mindless coolness 8)

You gotta love the poster it just screams badass:

Read this on wikipedia:

So far the latest installment of the Rambo franchise has undergone many name changes, and has been known as the following

John Rambo - mirroring the final installment of the Rocky Franchise, Rocky Balboa, Stallone decided upon using the full name of the action hero

Rambo IV

Rambo IV: In the Serpent’s Eye

Rambo IV: Pearl of the Cobra

Rambo: To Hell and Back - On October 12th, Lionsgate announced that the film title was being changed to Rambo: To Hell and Back. After some negative feedback from the online community, Stallone spoke with AICN’s Harry Knowles and is quoted to have said:

“Lionsgate jumped the gun on this. I just was thinking that the title John Rambo was derivative of Rocky Balboa and might give people the idea that this is the last Rambo film, and I don’t necessarily feel that it will be. He’s not an athlete, there’s no reason he can’t continue onto another adventure. Like John Wayne with The Searchers.”

i hope he does Death Wish Next. Then another Rambo movie. And after that he should remake Death Wish III.

Haha, this chart is hilarious. It contains slight spoilers for the upcoming Rambo movie, i Guess.

I just saw Sly on my local TV station. He was talkin about the movie. Looks cool!

I can’t wait for tonight! I’m so AMPED about this movie! I was such a huge Rambo fan as a kid growing up, this will be like Rocky was for me, as I was always a huge Rocky fan.

Have you seen the tagline?

"Heroes never die… They just reload."

I would watch any movie with a tagline like that.

This movie was WAY better than even I, a die-hard Rambo fan, thought it would be. I wasn’t let down at all! Infact, I was impressed. Just like with Rocky Balboa!

SLY STILL ROCKS!

(I’m a bit partial)

the movie was incredibly dull and underwhelming

at only 90 minutes, you’re left with a “that was it???” after the movie is over…

nice try, Sly, but a miss…

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/ … .rambo.cnn”>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/02/14/rivers.thailand.rambo.cnn</LINK_TEXT>

if you watch it in Thailand you get punished - as if just having watched Rambo weren’t already worse than being stabbed in the eye with a sharp stick…

Hahaha LMAO :stuck_out_tongue:

They should send Rambo to Thailand next :stuck_out_tongue:

John Rambo V: First eyestab

I watched it twice already in theatre. it’s everything Rambo is supposed to be. Sly is King. Now bring on the DEATH WISH remake!

[quote=“me”]
John Rambo - mirroring the final installment of the Rocky Franchise, Rocky Balboa, Stallone decided upon using the full name of the action hero
[/quote]

Yeah, I would have preferred that. I remember when it was going to be called that. It would have been a good change for a new era.

in Germany it’s still called John Rambo, because first blood was called Rambo here, it’s all very confusing. they called part two Rambo - First Blood part II, which is weird in the first place, herein germany they called part two “Rambo 2 - der auftrag [the mission]”

Rambo got an R18+ rating here. Which is fine with me, but it means my brother can’t see it at the cinemas. He’s going to be pissed.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
in Germany it’s still called John Rambo, because first blood was called Rambo here, it’s all very confusing. they called part two Rambo - First Blood part II, which is weird in the first place, herein germany they called part two “Rambo 2 - der auftrag [the mission]”
[/quote]

First blood part 2 sounds is a really silly.. it sounds worse then the end credit music form the first Rambo..

[quote=“Angel”]
Rambo got an R18+ rating here. Which is fine with me, but it means my brother can’t see it at the cinemas. He’s going to be pissed.
[/quote]

Not a problem. My brother just paid for something else and snuck in to see it tonight. He said it was awesome.