The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Quentin Tarantino Named Cannes Jury Head

All AP Movie News

Quentin Tarantino Named Cannes Jury Head

Friday February 13 3:53 PM ET

American filmmaker Quentin Tarantino will preside over the jury at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, organizers said Friday.

Tarantino’s celebrated crime romp “Pulp Fiction” won the festival’s top honor the Palme d’Or in 1994. His earlier cult classic “Reservoir Dogs” was nominated for the festival’s top prize in 1992.

“For a filmmaker and film lover, there’s no greater honor than to be on the jury of the Cannes Film Festival,” Tarantino said in a statement issued by the festival’s organizers.

To be president of the jury, the 40-year-old Tarantino said, was "the crowning achievement of a lifetime spent in cinematic obsession a magnificent obsession."

Tarantino’s latest film, “Kill Bill Vol. 1,” an ultra-violent vengeance flick, was released in the United States in October after a six-year hiatus for the filmmaker. The next chapter: “Kill Bill Vol. 2” was due for release later this month, completing a saga that began on the “Pulp Fiction” shoot 10 years ago.

Tarantino succeeds last year’s jury president Patrice Cheraud for the festival running from May 12-23.

---------------------------------------

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ap/2004021 … 38000.html”>http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ap/20040213/107671638000.html</LINK_TEXT>

(Here’s the link if u dont believe me)

Yes I heard that today, it’s cool!

I guess that rules out Vol. 2 playing in competition.

QT will establish an evil empire. (Imperial march from Star Wars.) At least I hope so…

Cannes, 1 hour from my home, that’s so cool… I’LL TAKE MY CAR AND GO TO CANNES FOR THE FESTIVAL hehehe :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Cannes, 1 hour from my home, that’s so cool… I’LL TAKE MY CAR AND GO TO CANNES FOR THE FESTIVAL hehehe  :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

yep, it’s pretty close from here too, i guess. i might think about going, even though it’s impossible to get a pass if you’re not a journalist/producer…such a shame!

oh it’s possible i’m sure if you wear a low-cut T-shirt :stuck_out_tongue: hmm, just kidding…

You are the girl from Milan or something right?

yes, that would be me. about 5 hours of train far from cannes…the thought is quite tempting, i just want to figure out if i can get in somehow (i’ll keep the low-cut teeshirt theory as my last resource ;D )

in fact i meant a low-cut dress, going to the Cannes festival with a tee shirt is a suicide ::slight_smile: lol

Let me tell you I LOVE ITALIA!! hehe i love your language, i love what you eat over there, and you’re fucking lucky you know that, i go crazy when a man speaks italian :smiley:

I speak Italian. :smiley:

With our man Quentin Tarantino on the jury cool films will win!!!

hehehe jury…

i just thought of 12 angry men only with tarantino

[quote]I speak Italian.  :smiley:[/quote]

tell me a sentence in Italian, and i fall in love with you one minute later :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Plus, I LOVE AL PACINO :smiley: lol

Love is in the air…

[quote]

tell me a sentence in Italian, and i fall in love with you one minute later  :stuck_out_tongue:  :stuck_out_tongue:

Plus, I LOVE AL PACINO  :smiley:  lol
[/quote]

Per il mondo potrai essere soltanto una persona, ma per una persona potrai essere il mondo.

(I hope I translated it well, or else reptile could get mad for raping her language ;D).

[quote]

Per il mondo potrai essere soltanto una persona, ma per una persona potrai essere il mondo. ÂÂ

(I hope I translated it well, or else reptile could get mad for raping her language  ;D).
[/quote]

:o Oh my god!! TI AMO!! Marry me :smiley: ;D

Oh my, that’s like going a bit too far. ;D

I’m going to talk in Italian to all girls from now on. :smiley:

I think this language is sexy, it doesn’t mean it turns every woman on ;D

Ok, you’ll tell me if it works for every girl… Anyway this language is high-class 8)

Italian is hot.

i’m not sure how this works i saw on the extra footage of pulp fiction when Q won the Palm D’or

so does this mean Q would be what Clint Eastwood was in that clip? announcing the winner and such?

[quote]

Per il mondo potrai essere soltanto una persona, ma per una persona potrai essere il mondo. ÂÂ

(I hope I translated it well, or else reptile could get mad for raping her language  ;D).
[/quote]

the translation is fine, don’t worry ;D

besides, hellhound, that’s probably whats going to happen, and he’ll be responsible for the choices of the whole jury…it’s a pretty important role…