Quentin Tarantino lists his top films of 2009

<LINK_TEXT text=“Heat Vision … -2009.html”>Heat Vision</LINK_TEXT>

He’s crazy for not putting Watchmen in it. Hm, I would have thought he’d enjoy the hell out of Watchmen.

Chocolate? YES!!

Funny Peope!! Oh yeah!

Star Trek? Definately!

Well,

that list sucks balls.

Observe & Report was the only one that was any good, but I still don’t think it would be on my list. Funny People was okay, probably won’t re-watch it though.

[quote=“G”]Well,

that list sucks balls.

Observe & Report was the only one that was any good, but I still don’t think it would be on my list. Funny People was okay, probably won’t re-watch it though.[/quote]

Wha?? Star Trek is amazing!

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“G”]Well,

that list sucks balls.

Observe & Report was the only one that was any good, but I still don’t think it would be on my list. Funny People was okay, probably won’t re-watch it though.[/quote]

Wha?? Star Trek is amazing![/quote]

Yeah for people who had no idea Star Trek is the same thing through 5+ different T.V. Shows and 10+ movies already. How can one get excited to see something that has been done hundreds of times. You know how many episodes of each Star Trek and each film comes out to be? A-fucking-lot. ;D Even when the new-geeker Michael Bay is directing it (Yes I am talking about J.J. Abrams.).

But why is this one seriously better than the hundreds of Star Trek things people has seen? Because it's new and hyped?

[quote=“G”]

But why is this one seriously better than the hundreds of Star Trek things people has seen? Because it’s new and hyped?[/quote]

No, because it is an incredibly well made big budget blockbuster thrillride with great characters, actors, action, humour, etc. etc. And that can’t be said for even half of the previous Star Trek movies.

[quote=“G”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“G”]Well,

that list sucks balls.

Wha?? Star Trek is amazing![/quote]

But why is this one seriously better than the hundreds of Star Trek things people has seen? Because it's new and hyped?[/quote]

I DO get amped about anything Star Trek. But even without all that awesomesauce attached, it was a fucking brilliant film. The entire thing. People say shit like, “oh, it’s just a little too convenient that they all ended up on the Enterprise together in this timeline”, and I’m like, “that’s the whole point!”… Nothing can eff with destiny, not even effing with time. What’s meant to happen, will happen. And it’s so awesome that they completely re-opened a closed book with these characters, while simultaneously respecting and upholding the original story, and all the movies/shows that came before. Because all that shit did happen in another timeline. Now they can go anywhere they want. And it doesn’t drive you crazy like Back to the Future because the original Spock is still here, alive in this timeline. Like, time is relative, not absolute. It’s brilliant!

[quote=“G”]Well,

that list sucks balls.
[/quote]

You pretty much summed up my opinio about it. Not very exciting, not very surprising. Disappointing in a word.

Well Tarantino has now given his final list on his top 2009 films, take a look:

1. Avatar
  2. Star Trek
  3. Drag Me to Hell
  4. Funny People
  5. Zombieland
  6. Chocolate
  7. Observe & Report
  8. The Hurt Locker
  9. Julie & Julia
  10. Up in the Air
  11. District 9

Looks like I’m going to watch Julie & Julia with my mom on DVD when it comes out.

went to watch Avatar again today, it’s an OK movie, but you have to know what you’re getting into. Highly standardized plot and everything is spoonfed to you.

I also watched Funny People on Blu-Ray today for the first time and I loved it.

District 9 I didn’t get into, hated the documentary approach.

I didn’t really like District 9 either. It was a really interesting story, but like you, Kenneth, I hated the documentary approach. Which is weird cos I love the Office, Arrested Development, and Parks and Recreation, so you’d think I’d dig a film done that way. But for me, it felt like it was such a waist of a very cool concept.

I haven’t seen Avatar, but if it’s as big a deal to this generation as Star Wars was to mine, then I should probably take my kid to see it. I don’t really care very much though. However, now that it’s QT’s top film of the year, it holds more weight for me.

I thought Funny People had a lot more potential. I didn’t think it was bad, but it just seemed like, with that cast, it wouldn’t have taken much effort to make it better.

I haven’t seen Observe and Report, but I want to. It can’t be worse than the other mall security movie last year. That shit was shit.

I really wanna see Hurt Locker and Up in the Air. I really like Jason Reitman.

havent seen Choclate or Up in the Air yet…Julie and Julia?! what the hell? i mean, the movie was alright, Steeps performance is really the only thing that movie has going for it…

District 9 is a great movie…but no Hurt Locker?..for shame Q…its better than that CGfest Avatar

[quote=“Movie_Villain”]havent seen Choclate or Up in the Air yet…Julie and Julia?! what the hell? i mean, the movie was alright, Steeps performance is really the only thing that movie has going for it…

District 9 is a great movie…but no Hurt Locker?..for shame Q…its better than that CGfest Avatar[/quote]

I actually didn’t like District 9 at all. Hurt Locker kicked it’s ass but even that movie I wasn’t too crazy about.

Star Trek fucking ruled. It’s all you can wish for in a SF blockbuster.