QT's 'Fence Camera Trick'...How the fuck?

[quote]People aren’t going to see that because of the cuts. Theyre gonna see it for the beautiful Monica Belluci being brutally raped, and to see her luscious white ass.[/quote]

I couldnt have said it better myself.

I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but in the scene where Mia is sniffing coke at the JRS bathroom and the camera is in front of the girls (as if it was the mirror) there’s a poster behind the girls on the wall, and the letters are not backwards, as they should be if what we were seing was the reflection on the mirror.

Anyway, I hate finding things like that in Tarantino’s movies coz I think he’s THE BEST EVER, but on the other hand, that’s just a detail, and it doesn’t make PF any less WONDERFUL than it is.

actually thats a pretty cool trick, really low-budgetish

Irreversable isnt actually that good a film. Its OK but I get the feeling that just because its french, it can get away with a lot more. If it was American and it was Tom Hanks and julia Roberts, it would be slated as too violent but just cause its european its automatically art. bullshit.

on another point, though, if you want to see an even better film which is all one long shot, watch RUNNING TIME, its got Bruce Campbell from Evil Dead and its absolutely awesome. its obviously not actually filmed in one long shot (its filmed on 16mm and each reel only lasts like 10 minutes or something) but the cuts are cheeky, like Hitchcocks ROPE. people walk into the camera and then out of it and there was a cut there. etc.

its about bruce campbell, and he gets released from prison, he gets out of the gates, gets in a van driven by his friend and crime partner, they go and pick up a couple of other guys then proceed to rob the prison he has just been released from, less than 2 hours earlier. its an excellent film. watch it.

fuck irreversable.

maybe we should ask Qt himself someday.

Qt fan walks up to QT one day

Fan

How’d the fuck did u get that amazing steady cam shot in Pulp done?

QT ( sarcasticly)

K, right’ you see you i got some lsd right’ and i accidently spread some on the film, in the real cut butch just goes to his apartment right’ but i was tripping, so i decided to make this steady cam shot right’ and i this camera the fitted thru the hole extra small for 1-5 seconds max to get a shot, then BAM went to the regular cam to the good shot. Kid, take me work dont question it…

I am sure they just took the whole fence with them. We did something similar (but reversed) in a short movie see Mein Schatten - Making Of - YouTube