QT watching his mouth?

It seems like every movie by Tarantino, there’s a non-black using the word “nigger”. In Kill Bill one of the deputys had the perfect said “colored man”. Do you think Tarantino has finally buckled under the pressure of using that N word?

note: not that I really care but this IS the first Tarantino movie where that word isn’t present…

No, you’re just crazy, lol. So, since he’s used the N word in all of his movies before, are you saying he absolutely has to use it again for all of his movies for the rest of his life? No. I think it would be out of character for the sheriff or any character in Kill Bill vol. 1 to use the word. Tarantino hasn’t buckled under the pressure, have you noticed the word “cunt” has muttered quite a few times?

BTW, he hasn’t used it in all of his movies. From Dusk Till Dawn has no mention of a nigger. Ha.

he didn’t direct from dusk till dawn.

It’s a samuria revenge flick. I don’t think using the word Nigger constantly would fit somehow plus that scene you are talking about in the chapel, what sheriff would say nigger in a chapel looking at 9 dead bodies and carnage?

QT doesnt put words like “nigger” into his films to get an effect. He puts them in there because thats the way HIS characters talk.

If this film was a black revenge film, Im sure you’d hear the word nigger used a whole lot. QT is the writer, its his call to use whatever words he wants.

(Paraphrasing here)

"When a word is so taboo, I feel it should be shouted from the rooftops, take that power it has away, no words should be in ‘word jail’ " - QT

[quote]he didn’t direct from dusk till dawn.[/quote]

No, but he wrote it. And it's the author that puts the words in the actors mouths.

I musta have heard or i was wrong if the sheriff sed the N- word, becuz the deputy mentioned the body count

The sheriff sed 10 dead? including a nigger? the organ player"

and mostly likely that was samuel L jackson, Also I saw the background its blurred out i thought i saw sam jackson’s slouching dead body he was bald when the sheriff was looking down at the bride… Remember in pulp fiction

when honey bunny and pumpkin were getting ready to rob the diner then u can see vincent vega’a back going to the bathroom…Its the same in the church maybe??

i am fairly certain the sheriff did not say that word at the crime scene.

yeah - i was looking for Sam but didn’t see him! DAMN!

Sherrif didnt say ‘nigger’.

he said "they even shot the ‘coloured’ organ player’.

ANyway, there was no need to say ‘nigger’ since it weren’t that kind of film.

[quote]Also I saw the background its blurred out i thought i saw sam jackson’s slouching dead body  he was bald when the sheriff was looking down at the bride… Remember in pulp fiction

when honey bunny and pumpkin were getting ready to rob the diner then u can see vincent vega’a back going to the bathroom…Its the same in the church maybe??
[/quote]

Samuel L. Jackson’s cast credit was taken off the Kill Bill Vol. 1 page on IMDB, and is now only on the Vol. 2 page. Did anyone happen to see his name on the credits at the end of Vol. 1?

I can’t believe this shit! :-/

I thought Kill Bill was pretty tame foul language wise. Anybody know the offical “fuck” count? I don’t think its even over 30!!! LOL. Thats gotta be a record!

I think the reason is Kill Bill can be for a lot of ages…I don’t know…this doesn’t seem like the type of “Casual swearing” movie. Its supposed to be a fun action movie…not a foul mouthed one.

Nah, Kentucky, it’s just that there’s barely any talking. Res Dogs and Pulp and Jackie were extremely dialogue heavy.

Kill Bill is half as long.

Kill Bill has half the dialogue, because of the action and anime scenes.

Kill Bill has a lot of cuss-free Japanese in it.

So those are the reasons why there is less harsh language.

Most of the times we heard “nigga” in past films have been between casual conversations in the homes of the characters. Those moments made sense.

A sheriff saying nigger in a chapel is not only inappropriate, but if he did say it, it would look so obviously intended just for “shocking effect”. And QT is way above that. He uses it only when it comes out naturally from the character.

I suppose you could equate the films bad language as being replaced by the amount of violence, carnage and action sequences. In a way you could look at it that the dialogue is spoken in images as opposed to just laid out in dialogue. Quentin was discussing this in one of the interviews I have. It might be on the DVD interview that came with the Daily Times (UK). I made a topic on it and posted a torrent link for it…

I find that the colored man was more apt for the scene, since i think it was ment to imply that the cops were, not necessarlly full on racist, but as one would expect. I doubt a real racisist in a professional possition would use “nigga”, but mask that racisim which is probably more underlying than openly apparant.