QT & Violence

QT’s movies are works of art…its about style and love for movies…violence in his movies is used as a tool…a very powerfull one which can trigger certain things if you are watching the movie…THATS the point…not to show violence and say: look how great violence is and ow lets all buy a sword or gun and mess eachother up…

The point of picasso’s guernica isnt: ok people lets bomb the shit out of everything…its about creating an emotion/ political message…and in QT’s case amusement…maybe the problem is that people that have an IQ that is below a 100 shouldnt watch QT movies or look at art…because they cant see the point of it…

[quote=“greendestiny”]
The violent scenes in kill bill had none of that and were just violence with no merit! May be thats why some people did not buy into it.[/quote]

and WHO would that be? WHO didn’t buy into it? if you dont like the movie, dont watch it, if you dont like violence, walk out of the theater. but who are those people you are talking about who didnt buy into “it”?

i tell you what. i dont buy into what you say

Don’t mind him, greendestiny talks out of his ass. If he’s such a hotshot let him post the shit I haven’t read in the Last Samurai topic and we’ll continue from there.

[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]

and WHO would that be? WHO didn’t buy into it? if you dont like the movie, dont watch it, if you dont like violence, walk out of the theater. but who are those people you are talking about who didnt buy into “it”?

[/quote]

whaddyou mean “WHO”? Who do you think!? THE PEOPLE WHO DIDNT LIKE KILL BILL! And when did green say he didnt like violence? He said it works if it is presented with the proper approach and maintained with some logical consistence. Although I disagree with him saying KB’s violence had no merit, atleast Im fucking reading what he sais. Stop blindly protecting your PERFECT image of Quentin Tarantino. Hes a great director, and all of his movies IMO are fucking AWESOME, but atleast listen to someone with opposite views.

Especially when theyre bringing up VALID arguments againsts your Bullshit ones. Like your post on how ALL of QTs movies are cartoonish. Yeah right! So the PF scene where marvin gets his head blown off is CARTOONISH because it was an accident? that shit happens buddy! Now if blood would have sprayed out of his neck for 20 seconds, then it would have been Cartoonish. And whats so CARTOONISH about Orange in the car??? Hes shot in the fucking stomach and hes screaming in pain, thats CARTOONISH!? And whats so cartoonish about Brown saying “I cant see anything, i got blood in my eyes”. Thats what happens when you have stuff in your eyes, YOU CANT SEE! And De Niro shooting the chick because she was being a fucking bitch. THAT HAPPENS EVERY DAY. Only in KB is the violence “over the top” and “cartoonish”.

Now, ultimately, im on YOUR side as far as this argument goes. But Im not buying all these bullshit “points” our side is posting.

greendestiny: How can you say the violence in KB has no Merit? Bill killed all of her friends on her wedding day, put her in a 4 year coma, and she is under the impression that he killed her baby as well. If that doesnt count as Merit, i dont know what does

[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]

[/quote]

The thing is wether you buy into what i say or not is quite irrelevant. The facts stay what they are regardless!!!

Ps…One word answer to your question is JAPAN!!!

[quote=“Scarface is on strike”]
Don’t mind him, greendestiny talks out of his ass. If he’s such a hotshot let him post the shit I haven’t read in the Last Samurai topic and we’ll continue from there.
[/quote]

Hey asshole, shut the fuck up....You got your ass handed to you and were totally emabarrassed. Now do us all a favor a get over it!!!!

I have never seen some one so fuckin obsessed with something he claims he never saw!!!

You have been told already go start a new thread and repost your steaming pile of shit or fuck off!!!!

[quote=“Joseph”]

greendestiny: How can you say the violence in KB has no Merit? Bill killed all of her friends on her wedding day, put her in a 4 year coma, and she is under the impression that he killed her baby as well. If that doesnt count as Merit, i dont know what does
[/quote]

You misunderstood the context of my statement. You are assuming that i am saying that violence in kill bill has no real "cause". That is not what i am saying.

Merit as described at www.dictionary.com :

Superior quality or worth; excellence: a) proposal of some merit; an ill-advised plan without merit.
b)A quality deserving praise or approval; virtue: a store having the merit of being open late.

The violence in kill bill is so terribly filmed it has even been described as clownish or cartoonish by the film makers themselves. If you are going to present violence to an audience the way kill bill did, you totally force the audience to remove themselves from the experience and they will find themselves wondering what the heck!!! people dont spurt blood like that., or there is no way that person could live that long after losiing all those gallons of blood!!!!. I am one of those people who want to get engaged in the movie i am watching and kill bill totally failed to do that for me because of the absurdity of the violence. (And i am less concerned about how artistic one assumes the violence in kill bill is... Art has little to do with over blown superflous pretentiousness)

well some people like chopsuey and some dont. I do.

I like alot of kungfu movies and there are things in them that are just as impossible. The Master of the Flying Guillotine is just rediculous but its fun nonetheless.

I think their is an artform to the battle. The blood doesn’t have anything to do with it. It’s all about how one person takes on 88 people at once. If it wasn’t for the fake blood and a couple of wire jumps the violence in this would be realistic. Swords were not designed to hang on walls. They are meant to cut off limbs. I don’t feel disconnected from the scene at all. And no one walked out of the theater the three times I saw it. I didn’t hear any negative remarks either. I don’t know why people would even have a problem with seeing fake blood spurts and fake severed limbs when the people who would complain are the people hooked on Fox News where they show the bodies of burnt soldiers getting dragged around. Now thats some disturbing stuff and you don’t need to be 18 to watch tv so nitpicking about stylized action in a fictional movie seems assinine. Unless your me and have nothing better to do.

And if you want to talk about action scenes that take you out of a movie you should see the Hulk. How many times can we see a cg charecture jump a mile at a time. I guess thats supposed to be impressive. Or watch the Desert Inn which is pretty good until they have the worst showdown sequence I have ever seen. Well then again Duel to the Death’s end fight sucks ass too. The action in this Kill Bill is awesome.

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
well some people like chopsuey and some dont. I do.[/quote]

that was the perfect answer. Some people dont enjoy obviously fake violence, even when its obviously intentional. But most people do

[quote]Duel to the Death’s end fight sucks ass[/quote]

No it didnt! That fight was awesome

[quote=“greendestiny”]
The violence in kill bill is so terribly filmed it has even been described as clownish or cartoonish by the film makers themselves. If you are going to present violence to an audience the way kill bill did, you totally force the audience to remove themselves from the experience and they will find themselves wondering what the heck!!! people dont spurt blood like that., or there is no way that person could live that long after losiing all those gallons of blood!!!. I am one of those people who want to get engaged in the movie i am watching and kill bill totally failed to do that for me because of the absurdity of the violence. (And i am less concerned about how artistic one assumes the violence in kill bill is… Art has little to do with over blown superflous pretentiousness)

[/quote]

Are you fucking retarded, do you think that QT iwas actually trying to make the blood/fighting/violence look realistic? NO! And QT is the type of person that makes you wonder “what the heck?!” as a person, and a director. If humorous violence isn’t up your alley, then don’t watch it, nor criticize it. QT does what he does and it’s brilliant. And as Weasel said, I have aswell heard very few negative remarks about this move, sure there were people that did’t fancy it, but very few disliked it so much as to make negative remarks about it. peace out ur gay.

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
The blood doesn’t have anything to do with it. It’s all about how one person takes on 88 people at once. If it wasn’t for the fake blood and a couple of wire jumps the violence in this would be realistic. Swords were not designed to hang on walls. They are meant to cut off limbs. I don’t feel disconnected from the scene at all.[/quote]

The thing is that you have already said that your enjoyment of a movie is pretty much base. The martial arts in the particular sequence you are talking about are horrible. Uma Thurman sucks big time at kung fu and was obviously out of her league against even some of the people in that very scene.

To those of us who enjoy martial arts movies at a different level from you, the martial arts were totally boring and consisted of 87 guys stand around while waiting kill the 88th man so they could take her on… (But some how that escaped you.) There is nothing really spectacular about the whole fight sequence and i guess thats why tarantino focussed on outrageous squirting blood and repetitive scenes of dismemberment to divert peoples attention from the run of the wind mill routin Uma Thurman was so lousy at executing!!

[quote]
And no one walked out of the theater the three times I saw it. I didn’t hear any negative remarks either.[/quote]

No of course you didnt hear any negative remarks

[quote]
I don’t know why people would even have a problem with seeing fake blood spurts and fake severed limbs when the people who would complain are the people hooked on Fox News where they show the bodies of burnt soldiers getting dragged around [quote]

Yes again with your retarded comments about how people cant watch that stupid fake shit in kill bill… No one here is saying they got grossed out by that crap…Get that in your fucking head!!!

[quote]
And if you want to talk about action scenes that take you out of a movie you should see the Hulk. How many times can we see a cg charecture jump a mile at a time.[/quote]

As many times as you can watch the same bland boring nonsensical unbelieveble plastic heads being severed off their necks like in kill bill!!!
[/quote][/quote]

[quote=“IHOP311”]

If humorous violence isn’t up your alley, then don’t watch it, nor criticize it. QT does what he does and it’s brilliant. And as Weasel said, I have aswell heard very few negative remarks about this move, sure there were people that did’t fancy it, but very few disliked it so much as to make negative remarks about it. peace out ur gay.
[/quote]

Actually what you need to do is to shut the fuck up with telling me what i can, and can not do.

Fact is the movie failed big time especially in countries where people actually know something about martial arts, and they dont have to settle for pathetic renditions of martials arts or some over rated director who thinks they will buy into his crap simply because he is rated as the “coolest” by those fag kids on MTV!!!

You got picked on in high school didn’t you. :’(

Its ok. Just breathe in. Hold it there. Hold it. Okay now release.

There don’t you feel better. 8)

[quote=“greendestiny”]

Actually what you need to do is to shut the fuck up with telling me what i can, and can not do.

Fact is the movie failed big time especially in countries where people actually know something about martial arts, and they dont have to settle for pathetic renditions of martials arts or some over rated director who thinks they will buy into his crap simply because he is rated as the “coolest” by those fag kids on MTV!!!
[/quote]

Suck a dick greenbelt, and pull your head out of your ass, YOU DON’T KNOW WTF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. And i gurantee you that 10% of those kids on MTV didn’t know who the fuck QT was before Kill Bill, some still probably don’t even know. So what if he had a little more mainstream release with KB, there’s still people out ther like me and others here that were QT fans from the beginning. Quentin is a fucking director, he is Quentin Tarantino, not Bruce Lee. And I’m almost pretty sure none of his other movies did to well in countries that “knew something about martial arts”. So pull your tampon out of your ass and stop bitchin.

I bet the Japanese loved RD.

“Toby…Toby…Toby…

Toby Wong…Toby Wong…Toby

Chung…fuckin Charlie Chan.” I

got Madonna’s big dick outta my

right ear, and Toby Jap I-don’t-

know-what, outta my left.

[quote=“IHOP311”]

And i gurantee you that 10% of those kids on MTV didn’t know who the fuck QT was before Kill Bill, some still probably don’t even know.
[/quote]

Like clock work, another board member puts his own dick in his mouth!!!!

Thank you for proving my point for me!!! Kill bill fans are your typical snort nosed MTV fag kids who hope onto the latest fad just because some know nothing loser appeared on their set and told them it "coooll DDUUUUUDEEEEE!!!!"

LMAO

[quote=“greendestiny”]

Like clock work, another board member puts his own dick in his mouth!!!

Thank you for proving my point for me!!! Kill bill fans are your typical snort nosed MTV fag kids who hope onto the latest fad just because some know nothing loser appeared on their set and told them it “coooll DDUUUUUDEEEEE!!!”

LMAO
[/quote]

what are you talking about? Not all people are mtv kids…

QT had a fanbase before kill billl…after kill bill there came a lot of mtv kids who got to know about QT…logic isnt your strongest point…

Well, after reviewing my message, what I meant to say was that “Maybe, being generous, 10% of those “MTV Kids” knew who QT was before KB” And just fucking get over it, you’re wrong, that’s all there is to it.

[quote=“clown”]

if you meant and not serious or not "normal"

then i have to disagree.

only kill bill was cartoonish

in every other movie the violence was realistic
[/quote]

Yeah?

The gimp, Marvin, the “did I break your concentration” scene, Vincent - their deaths were cartoonish too.

I think what he meant was cartoonish in the blood squirting 10 feet in the air kind of cartoonish.