QT & Violence

The blood squirting was just a homage to samurai films. Why is it okay for war movies to have violence. Saving Private Ryan isn’t based on a true story. You shouldn’t have violence limitations based on context. Plus if this movie showed what a true kitana could do it would have been rated x. I can’t wait to see thbl in color.

I felt more uncomfortable in the theater where kids were with there parents during the buck scene. Now that was disturbing.

I am a big fan of samurai swordplay and kung fu so i appreciated a movie with 30 minutes of non-stop [color=Red]bloodsquirting action. Was I laughing. No. Was I drooling and thinking sweeeet. Hell yeah. If the precision of violence wasn’t so thrilling nobody would be playing cs or ut. I don’t see a big market for online paintball games.

Anyone who has seen dead alive should be so desensitized they could watch any violent fictional film.

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
The blood squirting was just a homage to samurai films.
[/quote]

Yeah, you just got to see movie’s like shogun assasian and stuff to see that he was mimicking those sort of films, besides, by making the violence obvious it stopped it being ‘disturbing’ and , like Scarface is on strike said, in scenes like the the crazy 88 fight scene, very entertaining (hell it was almost like a dance sequence).

Jeez, this dickhead greendestiny is still around? What kind of sad life is he livin’? Now he’s even comparing Kill Bill to a movie he hasn’t even seen.

[quote=“greendestiny”]

Speak for yourself man. Hapless violence with little or no context at all does little for some (particularly me) When i saw people being ripped apart by machine gun fire in Saving private Ryan, or Kids murdering each other left and right in City of God, the one thing that did not cross my mind in any of those movies is "Goodness, that blood is so obviously fake, and “that guy who is juggling that fake limb is such a bad actor” i dont know of many people who were grossed out by the violence in kill bill. Every one i know (including the people on this board) thought the scenes were comedic in a sense. Yet no one was laughing out loud. To me the scenes appeared rather ridiculous and contrived. I still dont see anything stylish about cutting of some ones arm and having her roll around for minutes while fake blood spurts out of the stub!!! May be its my sense of humor but i fail to see the comedic value in that…Perharps i missed the punch line, perharps i missed the ultra deep secret coded message Tarantino was trying to deliver here. (I guess i lost my cool)…All i was thinking about was that scene that other movie where i saw that before, and it was funny that one time, i wasnt going to find it funny this time!!! Give me that scene from Enemy at the Gates, where Zaitsev fires 4 bulllets into 4 nazis… I assure you while watching that scene, the last thing on my mind was, the lighting in the scene or the color of the uniform he wore, or even how un realistic the action sequence was…

The only thing that went through my mind was, “DAMN!!!” that motherfucker is a headshot king (fans of UT can appreciate such authenticity) and last i heard about that scene, thats the only point the director was trying to make

The violence in kill bill did not put me off, my problem was i never got involved in the movie in the first place. I felt more insulted than impressed every time some one sprung a crimson leak!!! Violence in movies when done right is awesome, for me…Mindless blood spewing does nothing for some people. (i never saw The passion of the christ but i think i can safely assume it did not have as much blood, or even 10% of the dismemberment kill bill had) yet, i read of people having heart attacks (i think two people might have died while watching it) and some one was so taken by the movie they drove their car into a river bed…

Perharps some of you may compare and contrast the violence in the two movies so as to understand

the two extremely different reactions peiople had to both movies)
[/quote]

Yes but Kill Bill was fantasy. Any of those films you mentioned definately weren’t. I mean the things that happen in Kill Bill are not supposed to be real and it is basically just for entertainment. Kill Bill is not in the real universe but in a fantasy universe where hilarious things are not uncommon. QT’s aim wasn’t to make a scene to be realistic, believable or true to life.

[quote=“Scarface is on strike”]
Jeez, this dickhead greendestiny is still around? What kind of sad life is he livin’? Now he’s even comparing Kill Bill to a movie he hasn’t even seen.
[/quote]

yeah. and how lame! the passion has like tankloads of blood. kill bill seems pussy to gibson’s whip-the-jeezus movie

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
The blood squirting was just a homage to samurai films. Why is it okay for war movies to have violence. Saving Private Ryan isn’t based on a true story. You shouldn’t have violence limitations based on context…
[/quote]

You are confusing the film makers “intentions” (in this case paying homage) with his achievements.

Simply put, if a certain director wanted to pay homage to old horror movies and decided to use the old

fake rubber suits with steam shooting out the nostrils (read fake special effects and too much squirting blood)…Fine he has suceeded in incorporating a certain aspect of the old horror (read sumurai) movies, but that does not negate the fact that the audience will still find the cheesy rubber suits stupid or more or less insulting. Movie audiences evolve along with cinema. It is ridiculous for a film maker to assume that his audience will some how by pass the obvious, absurd and over board scenery they are looking at in favor of some nostalgic understanding of film history.

There are many ways to pay homage to a movie genre and simply copying and pasting one aspect from the subject genre while casting aside the level of maturity of todays audience is not the way to go. Case and point, last Samurai, that set out specifically to pay homage to Samurai movie lore had about as much violence yet had better sucess at reaching audiences across the board!

And no one said that its okay for war movies to have violence while fictional work cant. Scarface was a work of fiction but the violence worked in that movie. And 20 years later it is still has that much appeal.

ok back on topic (after deleting all the crap…)

i think if someone accues QT of making violent films, that person forgets the context.

the context being:

-there are hundreds of more violent movies that tarantinos’

-Tarantino’s violence is always cartoonish and not serious or “normal”

-tarantino’s violence is overstylized while in most other films its used to disturb the audience or show realism or brutality

-his films are always rated R, so if you’re not old enough to see the blood, just dont watch it

yay! :wink:

[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]
-Tarantino’s violence is always cartoonish and not serious or “normal”
[/quote]
if you meant and not serious or not "normal"

then i have to disagree.

only kill bill was cartoonish

in every other movie the violence was realistic

[quote=“clown”]
only kill bill was cartoonish

in every other movie the violence was realistic
[/quote]

nope. in pulp fiction the violence was hip, crazy and over-the top (marvin’s head, vince shooting the pothead amidst the sentence…etc).

in reservoir dogs it was over the top (orange in the car) and funny (i cant see anything, i got blood in my eyes - brown).

in jackie brown violence seems reduced to a level of normality (de niro shooting the chick in the guts because she talks so much).

→ no realism

Yep, I think the second and third point only apply to Kill Bill. The first point, on the other hand, applies mainly to the other Tarantino movies, in which violence often occurs off camera.

P.S. Pity that greendickhead’s posts have been deleted before I read them. I would have served his ass on a metal plate.

All in all violence works well if it is presented with the proper approach and maintained with some logical consistence. For example that scene in Pulp fiction when Marvins head gets blown off was indeed hilarious. Its the build up of the scene, strength of the characters, the dialogue and the abruptness that combine to bring out the humor (morbid as it may be) in seeing Some one’s head get blown off.

The violent scenes in kill bill had none of that and were just violence with no merit! May be thats why some people did not buy into it.

[quote=“Scarface is on strike”]

P.S. Pity that greendickhead’s posts have been deleted before I read them. I would have served his ass on a metal plate.
[/quote]

LMAO!!! Yeah you should be thankful the admin helped you save face after you had made a complete idiot out of yourself and i exposed your stupidity to the whole world…Now all you can do is pretend you missed the post and that you had a legit reply waiting in store to defend the immense stupidity that pretty much emabarrased your fellow board members and quickly had to be eradicated!!!

BTW. If the comments had been deleted by the time you came back, how in the world did you know that i even responded? (Dont worry, your ugly secret will be safe with your comrades dumbass!!!)

[quote=“greendestiny”]
LMAO!!! Yeah you should be thankful the admin helped you save face after you had made a complete idiot out of yourself and i exposed your stupidity to the whole world…[/quote]

No, it’s yours you exposed.

[quote]Now all you can do is pretend you missed the post and that you had a legit reply waiting in store to defend the immense stupidity that pretty much emabarrased your fellow board members and quickly had to be eradicated!!!

BTW. If the comments had been deleted by the time you came back, how in the world did you know that i even responded? (Dont worry, your ugly secret will be safe with your comrades dumbass!!!)
[/quote]

Seriously, you hate Kill Bill, and you spend all your time in a Tarantino board, if at least you had intelligent arguments to prove your opinion, ok, but now that everybody knows you’re stupid, and surely that you don’t fuck enough to be so aggressive, fuck off.

To your insult against Scarface you wrote here, little Greeny boy:

[quote=“greendestiny”]
[/quote]

[size=140]Is this a question or is this a question?[/size]
Cuz READ what the admin posted: [quote="Tarantino Forum Admin"] ok back on topic ([b]after deleting all the crap..[/b].) [/quote]
Well, the only person on this board, who wrote crap in this topic was you.
So it was clearly to see for Scar that posts made by you were deleted..... ;)

What the hell are you talking about seb??? Only KB’s violence was “cartoonish”.

…and by “deleting all the crap” do you mean deleting the posts of you getting OWNED by greendestiny?

[quote=“CPS”]
To your insult against Scarface you wrote here, little Greeny boy:

[size=140]Is this a question or is this a question?[/size]

Cuz READ what the admin posted:

Well, the only person on this board, who wrote crap in this topic was you.

So it was clearly to see for Scar that posts made by you were deleted… :wink:
[/quote]

CPS Please do me a favor and stay out of this! Its too bad that you cant use simple logic to figure out Scar’s obvious lie. (I know some infants that tell lies as transparent as the one Scar told). Its not

rockect science to figure out that scarface read my last post before it was deleted otherwise he would not have commented at all about it after the fact. (I know its hard to figure out but try to use every grey cell in your head and you will see why some of us can see this while you cant)

[quote=“MiaWallace”]

and surely that you don’t fuck enough to be so aggressive, fuck off.
[/quote]

Play nice and i might let you suck on mine!!!!

[quote=“greendestiny”]

Play nice and i might let you suck on mine!!!
[/quote]

And to every one piping in with their unwanted 2cts, back the fuck up!!!! Like it or not, you have learned a little bit more about film from (of all people) MOI...Granted i have little patience with baffoonery, but i always balance it out by providing you with the tools you need to leave our debates a better educated person who wont make the same mistake again..

Now admin has been good enough to wipe the slate clean, dont be so quick to dirty it up again with your infantile squabble and immature retorts that came in way too late!!! (That goes to you CPS who is trying to defend scarface at the 13th hour. He is a grown man and does not need a woman to come to his defense)

I am tired of pointless bickering, If scarface has a fetish for being bitch slapped in public, then i am sure he would take it upon himself to rewrite his ridiculous comments in the appropriate thread. I for one still remember all the dumb things he said and will be sure to repost my rebuttal in its entirety!!!

Otherwise stick to the topic at hand....ie

"Would Kill bill be more appealing to other people had the violence been toned down"

When did Seb get OWNED?

>:(

Turn ignore mode on guys.