QT move to FOCUS FEATURES?

[quote]Doesn’t Focus Features usually just make independent films? It would be great if QT got away from Miramax, but he might have to work with a lot less money if he switches to Focus.[/quote]

if Tarantino would work for Focus Features, he would attrackt lots of success to Focus, and they would be able to raise lots of money. I think money isn’t really the problem here

I also think that they’d give him more creative freedom, insted of being tight-assed about stuff not being commercial enough.

Harvey Weinstein suggested that QT take out the ear scene in Dogs, so that way more women would like the movie. :-/

[quote]

if Tarantino would work for Focus Features, he would attrackt lots of success to Focus, and they would be able to raise lots of money. I think money isn’t really the problem here[/quote]

QT gets great critical reviews, but he doesn’t necessarily attract the big money just by virtue of his name. Jackie Brown can testify to that. Money is always a problem in Hollywood.

[quote]I also think that they’d give him more creative freedom, insted of being tight-assed about stuff not being commercial enough.

Harvey Weinstein suggested that QT take out the ear scene in Dogs, so that way more women would like the movie. :-/[/quote]

Are you kidding me? That was back in the pre-Pulp Fiction days. Back then, QT was just a nobody loser who worked at a video store, and had never directed a full length feature (one that he’d be willing to show, anyway) in his life. Of course the Weinsteins were going to ride all over his ass back then, he was just goddamn lucky to have even gotten the go ahead to begin with.

Maybe i’m just ignorant, but i don’t think miramaxe has been that bad when it comes to tarantino except for the Kill Bill DVD. I’d say if things keep going like this, he’s doing just fine where he is and doesn’t need to move.

[quote]

Are you kidding me?  That was back in the pre-Pulp Fiction days.  Back then, QT was just a nobody loser who worked at a video store, and had never directed a full length feature (one that he’d be willing to show, anyway) in his life.  Of course the Weinsteins were going to ride all over his ass back then, he was just goddamn lucky to have even gotten the go ahead to begin with.[/quote]
He didnt get a “go ahead”. Miramax just provided theatrical distribution. Live Video gave the fucking “go ahead”.

IlBuono: Danny the Dog=Luc Besson + Jet Li movie picked up by Focus for N. American release next year.