The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

QT Master Filmmaker - casting unknowns

The thing that sets QT apart from the rest is his fearless use of innovation, he takes the old, and he makes it new. He is unafraid of fighting for his vision and of taking chances, the mark of a true film master. Casting unknowns for example, most directors need to stay sucking at the teat of the studios, but no great art (or entertainment) has ever come from that, and not only does he know that, he does it, fearlessly and with a huge dollop of cool.

He has discovered so many cool actresses, and has nurtured their careers. Like Zoe Bell in Grind House, his latest, and most lovliest of visions. He has cast a relative unkown (she was a stunt girl) and I can’t wait to see her in action! Long Live The king of Innovation. I wanna see more girls like Zoe get their break in a Tarantino film.

I can’t wait to discover the rest of the unknowns he will cast! The next Nicole Kidman! mmmmm

I think you’re exaggerating :wink:

But word around the campfire is QT has already / or is holding cast/crew screenings of his favorite horror/slasher flicks, as usual, that might be an indication that he’s already cast more people than we know :wink:

I agree with you Seb…

RE: The casting of Zoe Bell. I think it is a mistake. She is a stuntwoman, with no acting credentials, so not only is he casting an unknown, he’s casting someone with no acting skills.

Just my two cents :slight_smile:

I dont think QT needs to fight for anything. Ever since he made Pulp or even Dogs hes had people kissing his ass everywhere in Hollywood.

The casting thing comes up every time QT makes a new film. My question to everyone is: Has he been wrong ever?

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
My question to everyone is: Has he been wrong ever?
[/quote]

No.

I trust Quentin, and i think everyone ells should too, trust the man, he’ll make it happen

I agree quentin, is a fucking genius any decision he makes i will stand by and trust[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
No.

I trust Quentin, and i think everyone ells should too, trust the man, he’ll make it happen
[/quote]

Ehhhh, Not really. I think they were both cool in those films.

Quentin’s a genius when it comes to casting, no doubt about it. And I don’t believe this Zoe Bell crap until it gets confirmed by the man himself.

If it IS Zoe, its for a reason. QT wouldnt cast her if she wasnt right for the film.

[quote=“Cujo King”]
I agree with you Seb…

RE: The casting of Zoe Bell. I think it is a mistake. She is a stuntwoman, with no acting credentials, so not only is he casting an unknown, he’s casting someone with no acting skills.

Just my two cents :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Boy, were you wrong there!