Poster and Tagline Attempt for My New Script

Well I’ve just about finished up the first draft of my zombie script and finally come up with

a working title so I figured I’d finish up the poster and see what everyone thinks before I get

cracking on the final rough draft.

First off I wanna say that I know most people around here aren’t the biggest fans of CGI and I

should mention that my plan isn’t to make the movie in CG I just used the materials I had availible

to me. The main point of the poster is to get people’s attention and keep me inspired to finish

writing it. I might even just use it as a cover page for my hard copy of the script.

Just for a reference point here’s the logline I’m working with right now:

Henry Mort, a recently divorced alcoholic is bitten by his undead best friend at the onset of

a zombie uprising. Now along with a neighbor and a one night stand he must find his daughters

and get them to safety before he becomes a zombie himself.

Click the image to the full size version

When I finished the poster I realized I needed to add some sort of tagline or something

to the bottom of it but I can’t really come up with anything that doesn’t sound corny or

done before. Right now I’m leaning towards: “No Cure. No Hope. No Quit.” but it doesn’t

really capture the feel of the film all that well. I’m also not really a fan of the title either.

It’s just that after months of racking by brain this is the best I’ve come up with so far.

I like the title. But there better be at least one or two fatal wounds in the actual screenplay. I like titles that give an idea what to expect from the movie, like “Armed Response” or “Snakes on a Plane”.

So when you watch the movie/read this screenplay you already know the main character will die (bit by zombie). Hmmm…American Beauty did that too and it took a bit of the fun away, imo.

I like it, it can be like an up all night survival horror story like Resident Evil 2. If there’s something about zombie movies that I like, it’s exterior shots with a lot of action in them. I like the tagline, it worked for War Of The Worlds with Tom Cruise, he is a bad father and sort of gains the respect of his kids thoughout the entire film and it’s dramatically satisfying toward the end. By the way can I read the first ten pages of your script, I won’t show it to anyone.

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
I like the title. But there better be at least one or two fatal wounds in the actual screenplay. I like titles that give an idea what to expect from the movie, like “Armed Response” or “Snakes on a Plane”.
[/quote]

Well, all zombie bites are fatal and more than one person gets bitten, so I guess in that sense there’s

more than one fatal wound. The main character also has some pretty serious emotional wounds that

have been killing him slowly since long before he got bit.

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
So when you watch the movie/read this screenplay you already know the main character will die (bit by zombie). Hmmm…American Beauty did that too and it took a bit of the fun away, imo.
[/quote]

Yeah, I thought of that and I think that’s why I added in the finding the daughters angle. Even though

we know he’s doomed from the start he’s still got a very clear goal that hopefully the audience will get

behind and root for him. That, and I’m kinda one of those people who when I’m watching a movie I’m never

really worried about how it ends. For me it’s more about “how’s it going to get to the end?” that keeps

me interested.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
I like it, it can be like an up all night survival horror story like Resident Evil 2. If there’s something about zombie movies that I like, it’s exterior shots with a lot of action in them. I like the tagline, it worked for War Of The Worlds with Tom Cruise, he is a bad father and sort of gains the respect of his kids thoughout the entire film and it’s dramatically satisfying toward the end. By the way can I read the first ten pages of your script, I won’t show it to anyone.
[/quote]

Damn did War of the Worlds use that tagline? That’s kinda funny cause I saw that movie like a

week after coming up with just the basic idea for this movie and I was constantly worried about

being too much like it.

As far as reading the first ten pages, I’ll probly do a quick re-write until I get up to the part that

I posted here a few months ago and just post all of it. I think it’ll be the first twenty or so pages.

So, here’s the first 15 pages of the script. I think I’m gonna go over the whole thing

one more time before I finally start posting it on sites like script-swap and triggerstreet

so any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This has a rewritten

version of the pages I posted on here a few months back plus everything leading up to

it. I’d say it’s pretty much the entire first act.

Dexpac.com is for sale | HugeDomains

I really liked it. Although, maybe you could squeeze in a few lines in thre opening scene with Ashley to give us a little more insight on his divorce and kids. Overall it flowed well and the dialogue entertained me, it’s funny. I read the whole thing pretty fast by the way - good writing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I kinda held off on getting into the details of his family until

later just because it felt weird to have Henry talking about that kind of stuff while out at

the bar trying to get laid. But, yeah, I guess it would make sense to establish how much

his family means to him before shit goes to hell. I think I need to spend some time away

from it and come back later with a fresh view point. I think I’m gonna focus on the blog

for awhile again.

I don’t know how to feel about the lack of response though. 6 replies off 258 reads is kind

of discouraging, but, ah well.

Well the truth is, when you’re writing you have to trust your own instincts. And 15 pages isin’t really enough to give a healthy response either. I don’t really get any help or feedback when I’m writing, I just have to trust myself and have some confidence, or else what’s the point. Just have fun with it.

If anyone’s interested you can read the full length script by clicking the image below.

Fo shizzle

Wait, I don’t see any image…

My signature.

Is it just me or is your avatar and signature invisible… ???

I can see them. But the link is:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.simplyscripts.net/cgi-bin/Bl … 199648485/”>Fatal Wounds :: SimplyScripts Screenwriting Discussion Board</LINK_TEXT>

The images aren’t showing up for you though? It should be a dude holding a shotgun and

standing in front of a swarm of zombies.

I needed a password to access your script from the link you gave me, but no worries I can see your banner - I’ll get back to you in a few days.

Wait - I still need a password! >:(

http://www.simplyscripts.com/scripts/FatalFinal.pdf

There we go!

I’ll get back to you soon.