The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Postal

When you thought that you couldnt hate Uwe Boll any more than you already do

Ign says, "When your movie features a scene of dead schoolchildren, Osama Bin Laden as a main character, and full frontal nudity from News Radio’s Dave Foley, you know it’s not a film for everyone. When you make a movie where 9/11 is played for laughs, and Columbine is a punchline â€â€

Ummm…what?!

I bet this guy will eventually be murdered by somebody within the next 5 years. He’s like begging for it.

When’s Charlie Manson getting out?

[quote=“Scarface”]
I bet this guy will eventually be murdered by somebody within the next 5 years. He’s like begging for it.
[/quote]
Yeah but most likely by Al Qaeda not by Americans! lol… I aint got a problem with this movie… I mean you all claim to like movies like Salo and Men Behind the Sun… I dnt knw why is this movie any different… Your being hypocrites… Just cause the characters and children dying are Americans doesnt make it any more wrong than other movies!

Well for one thing Postal has a comedy thing to it. “Children getting shot,9/11,school shooting is funny” kind of thing where salo and men behind the sun is more serious.If anything Postal might be related to Dead Alive or Evil Dead because its a horror-comedy.

Though Mou claims he was trying to depict historical accuracy with the film Men Behind the Sun, he has been criticized that the film’s appearance as an exploitation film negates any educational value. I dont support 9/11 or Columbine but Im gonna watch the movie and I might even like it! However Uwe Boll is a lame shitty director!

[quote=“themack”]
Uwe Boll is a lame shitty director!
[/quote]
Yeah and he’s rich for being a lame shitty director wtf is up with that?

[quote=“me”]
Yeah and he’s rich for being a lame shitty director wtf is up with that?
[/quote]
Well, you have to give him props for that. Ontopic, Postal sounds like fun to me. Too bad Boll’s going to direct it. His work is never funny, not even in a bad way.

[quote=“me”]
When’s Charlie Manson getting out?
[/quote]

Well, he gets a parole hearing every 5 years. Next one is in 2009, let’s root for him!

Maybe he will take Uwe Boll down…just kidding

[quote=“Navajas”]
Yeah but most likely by Al Qaeda not by Americans! lol… I aint got a problem with this movie… I mean you all claim to like movies like Salo and Men Behind the Sun… I dnt knw why is this movie any different… Your being hypocrites… Just cause the characters and children dying are Americans doesnt make it any more wrong than other movies!
[/quote]I think the biggest difference is that Men Behind the Sun was directed by Tun Fei Mou, Salo was directed by the legendary Pasolini - and this flick is directed by Uwe friggin’ Boll.

Whereas the previous films were directed by men with vision and ideas about the cinematic language, from that article it looks like Boll is just trying to create a controversial film to drum up some money so he can continue making highly inept and horrifyingly bad movies at the expense of the cinematic art form.

The most offensive thing Boll can possibly do is to continue making movies.

[quote=“pantsman”]
I think the biggest difference is that Men Behind the Sun was directed by Tun Fei Mou, Salo was directed by the legendary Pasolini - and this flick is directed by Uwe friggin’ Boll.

Whereas the previous films were directed by men with vision and ideas about the cinematic language, from that article it looks like Boll is just trying to create a controversial film to drum up some money so he can continue making highly inept and horrifyingly bad movies at the expense of the cinematic art form.

[/quote]
Hahaha! Yeah

I don’t even see the controversy. I’ve never been one to get offended. Some people just don’t get it. Death is inevitable which means it will fucking happen whether or not I laugh at it. Crime and the Sinful nature of man are also inevitable. Columbine-like shootings are still going to fucking happen whether or not I choose to make jokes about it. It’s just going to be a shithouse film. Uwe Boll always equals shit films. No matter what you add. Uwe Boll + “Controversial Dark Comedy” still equals shit film.

It’s just a satire, I don’t see why everyone is getting pissed. Plus it’s just Uwe Boll. Who the fuck cares.

Basically agree with Jack Rabbit Slim, so I’m not gonna repeat what he said.

One I thing I will say is that Uwe Boll really pisses me of off with his endless videogame adaptions- I’ve said this in another thread, but shit this guy need to get his own original material.

In Postal’s case its not so bad cos the film looks to be nothing like the PC game- but in that case why even call it Postal? Its only gonna piss off the fans.

Arrgh.

Bloodrayne got nominated for a razzie for worst film of the year along with little man. lol awesome.

[quote=“pantsman”]
I think the biggest difference is that Men Behind the Sun was directed by Tun Fei Mou, Salo was directed by the legendary Pasolini - and this flick is directed by Uwe friggin’ Boll.

[/quote]

I don’t know why everyone blames people like Michael Bay for the decline of cinema. He just makes dumb studio pictures. Uwe Boll is everything that is wrong with cinema.

Pretty much agreed.

And Michael Bay isn’t THAT guys! Wtf? There are so many worst directors out there like Angel said (hello Uwe…). Sure his movies aren’t exactly amazing, but come on!

Just look at it this way: With the budget used on Pearl Harbor or on any other Bay film, at least 20 Pulp Fictions could have been made instead.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Just look at it this way: With the budget used on Pearl Harbor or on any other Bay film, at least 20 Pulp Fictions could have been made instead.
[/quote]
Technically you’re right. But, with the budget of Kill Bill at least 20 Pulp Fictions could have been made instead. See, where I’m getting at? By the way, I hate Pearl Harbor.