Poor Aussies: DP released push backed until november

>:( Sorry for you guys!

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070704_ … vembe.html”>http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070704_death_proof_slated_for_novembe.html</LINK_TEXT>

The long-awaited "‘Death Proof,’’ one of the two films featured in the ‘‘Grindhouse’’ double bill that was originally planned for release in Australia earlier this year, will finally make its downunder debut in November.

‘‘Death Proof’’ will hit Aussie theatres on November 8 – near two months after the pic makes its U.S DVD debut.

Damn! November? Thats too bad. :frowning:

That blows goats.

At this rate the US will have Inglorious Bastards before Australia will get Death Proof. :-</E>

With stupid stunts like these, film companies can blame themselves for all the money they lose due to illegal downloads.

If a movie is finished and has been released, they should release it worldwide as soon as possible.

>:( Some examples from my country:

A Scanner Darkly and Find me guilty - both were shown during the Berlin Film Festival february 2006, but did not make it to the theatres, and Find me guilty has not even been released on dvd.

Revolver - UK release september 2005, never been released in Germany, and the dvd is only available as the more expensive UK import.

TV series Prison Break - US start august 2005, just started here a few weeks ago and won’t be available on DVD for months.

So the people interested in these movies can look at the posters, watch the trailers, read reviews, but have to wait years to buy a ticket or the dvd.

[quote=“Scarface”]
At this rate the US will have Inglorious Bastards before Australia will get Death Proof. :-</E>
[/quote]

unbelievable… :’(

I thought us English lot had it bad (mid-September), but looks like the Aussies got hit hardest.

[quote=“Ify”]
I thought us English lot had it bad (mid-September), but looks like the Aussies got hit hardest.
[/quote]

Yeah, we seem to be getting it later than most. Originally, before the split, Australia was getting it second only to USA, two weeks after their release.

Oh well, it will be good when November comes as I expect Tarantino will be here to do some promotions and we still get to experience and savour a new Tarantino movie at the cinema. Something that doesn’t happen all that often.