Planet Terror References

yea i dun think that either

Dakota’s boy blowing his face off was a refrence to The Beyond, when the David Warbeck character shoots Jill with that sweet 357.

When Wray saves Cherry by killing the Sicko (his death scene), they both shoot each other at close range like in A Better Tomorrow II (The Mansion shootout with Ken).

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Dakota’s boy blowing his face off was a refrence to The Beyond, when the David Warbeck character shoots Jill with that sweet 357.
[/quote]

yea that was great in the beyond there is a like a gigantic hole in the head from one round ahahaha great stuff.

[quote=“Jjp”]
i think its more on the nightmare city side for the zombies and did everyone forget about where tarantino is watching i think the movie was the big doll house on the tv at the army base.
[/quote]

It is Women in Cages by Gerardo de Leon.

[quote=“Mike Hammer”]
It is Women in Cages by Gerardo de Leon.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, i knew it was one of the Pam Grier prison films.

In Planet Terror, in the hospital, on the pad the wife was writting on the hospital pad you can see on the pad already written the Kill Bill list. Also in Hostel I while the innocent boys were checking into the Hostel the clerk was watching pulp Fiction, Jules’s bible quote was the scene

i think it was the opening car scene in hostile 1, not sure if im right though.

I believe Eazye is right about the Hostel scene but I could be wrong as well.

It was Jules saying the Ezekiel speech, he’s right

SHE’S right, sorry dudes, I’m a chick! Eli is lucky he lent his name to him for that movie…how was part II?? Is it worth seeing at all?

yea, its worth a watch if your into horror films.

I was very shocked I havent seen anyone reference "The Blob (1988)"

Both have…

1.Hospital scenes (check)

2.Arm Injury (check)

2.Rebel Handcuffed (check)

3.Face Melting (check)

4. Army (check)

5. Small Town (check)

6. Uptight Deputy Dies Violently(check)

7. Dinner (check)

8. Main Character Anti-Hero, Leather Jacket Wearing (check)

9. Motorcycle/Dirtbike/Minibike (check)

10.Sciencist (check)

11.Bio-Weapons (check)

12.Boy Gets Killed (check)

13. M16s (check)

14. Rocket Lawncher (check)

15.Main Character Over Turns truck, held upside down by seatbelt (check)

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … nces_guide”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Planet_Terror_movie_references_guide</LINK_TEXT>

you can add it if you like

The original Blob and the remake are both great movies. I never connected them up but thats what makes this stuff so fun. Everybody has diff thinking patterns. Great one!

The ending/last scene might be a reference to Leone and David Lean type of epics, mostly GBU and Lawrence of Arabia

The first scene after the opening credits reminded me the scene from Showgirls and it also can be reference to Striptease.

And yeah, the last scene looked like Lawrence of Arabia.

[quote=“Laydback”]
In the original Dawn of the Dead, there’s a moment when Roger (During the apartment raid) lays his head against a wall and is shocked by all the chaos ensuing around him.

Doc Block does the same in the hospital. You’ll notice where.
[/quote]
Barbara also did that when she sees the woman corpse with the mutilated head. And Sarah does as well in DOTD. But that’s hardly a refrence.

I heard Bruce Willis worked in a chemical factory in his early days. That’s not much of a refrence but it sure is interesting.

Was the Ava Gardner refrence owed to The Barefoot Contessa - the Joe Mankiewicz movie?

She does play a club dancer. Hmmm.