On Working With Kurt Russell, Rodriguez and More

From DVD Review:

And what QT thinks is…

KURT RUSSELL:

"One thing i always loved about Kurt especially in those John Carpenter movies , is that as serious as he can be , he also knowsthere’s playtime and thats when you can be the child ,theres this playfullness about him . i like that and whatever it is he commits 100%. Snake plissken is one of the most iconic characters of the last 20 years but you’ve never seen Kurt like this before - you really haven’t"

ON RODRIQUEZ:

"We met at a film festival, it was great and we clicked we were finishing each others sentences. we talked for about 45 minutes until we had to be yanked away for another interview. Its great because he brings so muchto the table and we help each other. its a complete open house , there is no way a territorial aspect at all "

ON THE FUTURE AND WORKING IN TEXAS:

“I love it down here and I’m thinking hmmm maybe my world war 2 epic I plan to do could be done down here in Austin”

“I’d like to do a kids movie, because i love the way kids respond to movies they like, when i worked in the video store the kids would want to come in and see the same film again and agin but there parents would get mad at them, i’d just think to myself thats cool they like that why give them something else? and i love that type of audience”

a world war 2 epic in Austin?

Ya know I never thought of that, but since IB is supposed to take place in a Spaghetti Western type setting, it sort of makes perfect sense.

[quote=“Johny|Exhale”]
a world war 2 epic in Austin?
[/quote]

If it’s set in North Africa, maybe.

Anyway the good news is that he still thinks of IB. I want to see it before he quits the industry or even before he dies !

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
even before he dies !
[/quote]

:o QT is immortal!

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
“I love it down here and I’m thinking hmmm maybe my world war 2 epic I plan to do could be done down here in Austin”
[/quote]

Well, at least he hasn’t forgotten about it :slight_smile:

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
“I’d like to do a kids movie, because i love the way kids respond to movies they like, when i worked in the video store the kids would want to come in and see the same film again and agin but there parents would get mad at them, i’d just think to myself thats cool they like that why give them something else? and i love that type of audience”
[/quote]

Perhaps a “Spy Kids” type of movie? -I guess he’s taking a que from Rodriquez…

[quote=“Bad Max”]
:o QT is immortal!
[/quote]

Word UP!!!

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
From DVD Review:

[/quote]

Reservoir Puppies!!! I'd love to see that! :D

[quote=“Scarface”]

Reservoir Puppies!!! I’d love to see that! :smiley:
[/quote]

;D cute little puppies with guns!

water guns…

If QT does do a kids movie, I hope its not like Spy Kids, but something really cool. That even his older fans will enjoy. I really dont want to see a QT kids film anytime soon though.

Inglorious Bastards isnt going to be set in North Africa, its set in France, the idea behind it is that according to QT, in certain areas of France, the bombed out landscapes during the Nazi occupation looked very similar to the Spanish Spaghetti Western landscapes you’d see in Fistful of Dollars. So, thats where QT is headed with it.

Think about it this way: The Italians substituted Spain for the American Old West. Why can’t QT substitute Texas for certain sparse areas of bombed out Nazi occupied France? Its all about creating the illusion the film is set in France. It doesnt have to be shot there.

I just can’t wait for his OFFICAL annoucement.

As for QT’s kids movie… I keep on thinking it will be a throwback to the ‘70s. There were a lot of great kids movies made back then.

… with spunky, cussing, ne’er-do-well kids that always got in and out of trouble but still seemed real and believable… not like the 80s and 90s films like Home Alone which seemed so manufactured.

Something like with Tatum O’ Neal from Bad News Bears (QT had a crush on her back then, and his first screenplay centered on a girl called Somerset O’ Neal who was based on her ).

Also another '70s kids movie that he might be inspired by is Kenny & Company made by Don Coscarelli in 1976 before he made the horror classic Phantasm. I remember Roger Avary saying it was one of his favorite films and one of the best kids movies ever made.

Kenny & Company (1976) - IMDb

check out the comments! Pretty amazing and some interesting viewpoints.

I’m sure QT has seen it too and would recommend this almost forgotten gem.

I didn’t see it listed on Amazon… but I know you can get in pretty cheap $8.99 at Deep Discount DVD… http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ABD012973

My mistake… it is listed on Amazon… just a little hard to find…

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/Kenny-Co-Dan-Mcca … UTF8&s=dvd”>http://www.amazon.com/Kenny-Co-Dan-Mccann/dp/B0007WFXSK/sr=1-1/qid=1169019904/ref=sr_1_1/105-3444827-1368451?ie=UTF8&s=dvd</LINK_TEXT>

This is the type of kid’s movie I hope QT makes if he does.

I think you’re right Jeff. If QT does one it’ll have that 70s edge to it so itll be something even his adult fans can enjoy. I love the original Bad News Bears, so I hope he does do something in that vein. I was also thinking about Bugsy Malone, another kids film from QTs youth that may be inspirational. We’ll see!

[quote=“PopeyePete”]

ON THE FUTURE AND WORKING IN TEXAS:

[/quote]

w00t, Inglorious Bastards.

Dunno about a kid film, he could probably pull it off.

I think QT could substitute Texas for bombed out France.