The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Old Dennis Miller Live episode

Has anyone else seen the the episode of Dennis Miller Live from '96 or '97 (whenever From Dusk Till Dawn came out) with guest George Clooney? Damn, the phone in portion was the funniest one out of the whole series, and probably the funniest and most unexpected appearances by Quentin Tarantino I’ve ever seen.

For those of you who don’t have HBO, never seen Dennis Miller Live, or just have never seen the clip, I’ll break it down for you. Dennis Miller was going off on his political topic of the week with George who was out promoting FDTD, and when they come to the phone part, the conversation turns to sex. And then this asshole calls in and from there, it basically goes like this.

Note: Its been a while since I’ve seen it, so I’m paraphrasing.

"I have a question for George. I know you get laid easily, but despite being famous, does an ugly guy like Quentin Tarantino still have trouble getting any?"

And all of a sudden George Clooney and Dennis Miller bust out laughing, not really giving the guy a response, and I’m sitting there thinking, "whats going on here?"

And all of a sudden, the man himself, Tarantino, microphone in hand in stead of the little clip on, suddenly comes storming out of the back stage area pissed off as hell. And then he just goes off on a rant of explicatives.

Tarantino: “Fuck you, you motherfucking asshole…” and so on and so forth.

Caller: "Hey Quentin, I really liked Pulp Fiction."

Tarantino: “And thats supposed to make it better? Lots of people like Pulp Fiction. Fuck you, you fucking prick” and then he goes off again ending with “My sex life is just find, buddy, thank you.” And then they cut the guy off the line before he can say anymore.

And the whole time this is going on, Dennis Miller and George Clooney are practically pissing their pants. It was one of the funniest episodes of Dennis Miller I had ever seen, and one of the most unexpected Quentin appearances ever. I wish I had taped that episode myself, but has anyone else seen it?

[quote]Has anyone else seen the the episode of Dennis Miller Live from '96 or '97  It was one of the funniest episodes of Dennis Miller I had ever seen, and one of the most unexpected Quentin appearances ever.  I wish I had taped that episode myself, but has anyone else seen it?[/quote]

No I havent but Id love to see that!!! LOL!!

That is fuckin hilarious!

I really hate Dennis Miller.

I found this:

http://www.georgeclooney.org/html/TVphotos2.html

This is almost what everyone wanted.  Sadly the guy who ripped this, cut out the call in, but it has the end of tarantinos response. It has a pretty funny clooney story too, not that, that even compares.

I’ll try to find it in full.

[quote]I found this:

http://www.georgeclooney.org/html/TVphotos2.html

This is almost what everyone wanted. Sadly the guy who ripped this, cut out the call in, but it has the end of tarantinos response. It has a pretty funny clooney story too, not that, that even compares.

I’ll try to find it in full.[/quote]

Heheheh. Thank you for posting that, its been seven years since I last saw that episode, and the parts that were shown are still just funny as I remember them being.

You truly are the King of Kings.