Hi, I am doing a critical research project of Quentin Tarantino for my A2 media studies course. In particular I am studying the role of women the films written and directed by QT. For my research I would really be thankful if some people could answer this short questionnaire.
- In “Resevoir Dogs” there are no main female characters, though a few are mentioned and seen. How do you think the inclusion of a substantial female character would’ve affected the film?
- Do you think the themes in “Resevoir Dogs” are typically masculine? Betrayal, Loyalty, Violence?
- What are your opinions about the scene where a woman is shot by Mr.Pink? Do you think this reflects gender equality or male superiority, or neither?
- Do you think it is more shocking that a woman is shot rather then a man?
- In “True Romance” how is Alabama represented? A stereotypical blonde? or strong minded woman?
Thank you for participating