Official Homework and term-paper question topic

Amen to that. Fucking stay in school. The best thing you will ever do.

[quote=“Angel”]
Amen to that. Fucking stay in school. The best thing you will ever do.
[/quote]
I’m gonna have to say that you should listen to Angel. As much as it pains me to agree…this is a brilliant statement. Actually, It’s just common sense. You have to learn the rules before you can play the game. If you want to change the way the game is played, you have to win the hearts of those who are challenged by it. You do this by mastering the game…does that make any sense?

see im gonna get my GED than go off to college. at least thats my plan, you never know whats really gonna happen you know? I could be making the worst decision of my life or maybe the best. oh did you know quentin quit school at 16, im not using that as a stepping stone to quit. anyway thanks for the comments.

[quote=“rollingthunder”]
see im gonna get my GED than go off to college. at least thats my plan, you never know whats really gonna happen you know? I could be making the worst decision of my life or maybe the best. oh did you know quentin quit school at 16, im not using that as a stepping stone to quit. anyway thanks for the comments.
[/quote]
Your plan sucks ass. Stay in school. If you quit now, you’re fucked.

Why would you quit school? I mean, it’s tiring and boring, but it’s worth it at the end…

Anywho, saw the title of the thread and remembered the other week I had to write a debate on a film, with interesting characters…or something along the lines, so I chose muh Quentin’s Pulp

[quote=“MrKowz”]
In my composition class, we were given an assignment to choose an Auteur (someone who writes AND directs a movie), choose 2 of their movies, and find connections between them. I was wondering if anyone could help me out finding some solid connections between Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Reservoir Dogs. So far, here is what I have come up with.

[list]

• [*]There is less dialect and more conversation
  • [*]LOTS of blood/dismembered body parts
  • [*]Music isn't background music, but is actually playing (ie: actors can turn off music)
  • [/list] [/quote]

Bumping myself here. Just needing some quick info if anyone would be so kind as to help me out. I have a paper due on Monday. I realize it is short notice, so I am not expecting much. Thank you.

here’s a guy who did a video biography for school. full of errors and not reall consistant but pretty interesting:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C98NMTVWS1k

it was ok…not enough information though. I liked the footage at the end of him accepting an award.

Tarantino’s work reflects… 1. Visual beauty… Look up “elements of design”… Flawless use of color, angle, shadow… 2. Empowerment. Look up “Gogo”. 3. The one thing that makes any movie no matter how corny- LOVE… and all it’s diffrent shapes. Look up the end of Kill Bill. Look up Uma and John. Look up Mr. White and Mr. Orange. :wink:

Ok, I have a humanities class that I am being asked to write a paper for and my topic is to compare and contrast the differences and similarities of one of tarantino’s movies to another director that tarantino may have gotten his ideas from. Does anyone have a paper on tarantino? something i can use as a foundation for a paper

Since the days of Jackie Brown where there was little or no representation of women, Tarantino has developed an ability to write stronger female characters. So strong in fact that they dominate a particular films arena of focus, notably Uma Thurman. How is this representation of women within Tarantino films different to traditional stereotypes and how do they differ from other representations of women within other films? What sets Tarantino apart from the rest when writing womens’ roles? Discuss

I think too much is being made of this subject. Ok, he has made two films with stronge female leads. Grindhouse will have a lot of bimbos as any good grindhouse flick should have but Stuntman Mike is the real player. QT does not write love flicks, as of yet anyways, and in his films I dont see any huge difference in the way he uses women. Of course his dialog for the female parts is awesome but this holds true for the male persuasion. I don’t really know what answers you are looking for here. He likes female feet? He likes to add women so he can score some good poon?

Ass kicking chicks have been in vogue for awhile now.

I dunno if this can help anybody

last year I did 3 reading assignements for my junior high english class

on True Romance, Pulp and ResDogs screenplays

I guess they were somewhat good cuz I got some extra credit for them

my final grade was the world-most-kickass grade EVER…125%

so as soon as I find them when I move back, I try to post them or to send them to TheSeb so he can put them on the site

they’re copyright-free lol, I love to help any Tarantino fan!

Okay, understandable. But why should Grindhouse be full of Bimbos? Why is it that that ass kicking chicks have been in vogue for a while now? Is it simply all for the male pursuasion? and what does that tell us about Tarantino’s writing? To me that suggests that the use of these multidimensional characters like the Bride and Jackie Brown are all simply for the male fantasy and satisfaction. They are no more than objects, is this right?

Who’s Babe Ruth??

[quote=“Purro”]
    Ok, I have a humanities class that I am being asked to write a paper for and my topic is to compare and contrast the differences and similarities of one of tarantino’s movies to another director that tarantino may have gotten his ideas from. Does anyone have a paper on tarantino? something i can use as a foundation for a paper
    [/quote]

compare and contrast the styleization of his compared to scorsese also compare and contrast reservoir dogs to city on fire. this is an easy report i wish i would get something like this. also compare his films to melville films.

I love Uma, and shes great (Y)

Media Coursework combined with Tarantino… What could be better?! (I guess Tarantino minus the HW part, but you get my drift!!)

Could you perhaps fill in this questionnaire for me please so that I can analyse the results and ultimate write a killer of an essay and get lots and lots of praise from my teachers and a glowing feeling inside!!

Films Directed by Quentin Tarantino

My Best Friend’s Birthday,

Reservoir Dogs,

Pulp Fiction,

Four Rooms,

Jackie Brown,

Kill Bill: Vol. 1,

Kill Bill: Vol. 2,

Sin City,

Grindhouse (Death Proof).

-------------------------------------------

Please name two memorable characters from any films directed by Quentin Tarantino (See list above), and the films that they came from:

1)

2)

Why did you choose these two characters?:

1)

2)

Now name two weaker characters from any of the films directed by Quentin Tarantino. If you cannot name the characters, then please describe them, but do name the film:

1)

2)

Why are these two characters weaker?:

1)

2)

Thanks!

[quote=“lilliejean”]

Please name two memorable characters from any films directed by Quentin Tarantino (See list above), and the films that they came from:

1. the bride (kill bill)
    2. mr blonde (reservoir dogs)

Why did you choose these two characters?:
    3. she’s such an iconic and heroic character
    4. he’s cool, but he’s a psycho as well, a very three-dimensional character (plus i watched the dvd the othe rnight)

Now name two weaker characters from any of the films directed by Quentin Tarantino. If you cannot name the characters, then please describe them, but do name the film:
    5. marsellus wallace (pulp fiction)
    6. mr white (reservoir dogs)

Why are these two characters weaker?:
    7. all his power can’t rescue him from a butt-fucking cop, plus his character doesn’t get too much exposure in the film
    8. his good personality dooms him

[/quote]

I don’t know how many folks I’ve helped with their QT term papers. Always available for questions. LOL

http://www.impossiblefunky.com/qt