Official Homework and term-paper question topic

Yup.

DOGS-Comode story

PULP-Vincent always has to take a shit,Mia powders her nose and Butch’s shower

JACKIE-"I didn’t hear you wash your hands"

KB-Beatrix doing the pregnancy test & crying/re-joicing in one at the end

[quote=“Black Mamba!”]
Bathrooms huh? I never would have thought of that. I just realized there’s one shown in about all his movies though. I’m guessing because it’s a way to throw even more “filth” into the picture.
[/quote]

Actually there was one this article on the net that I read dealing with using bathrooms in movies. Many other directors (like Scorcese) use the same thing. The article talked about it very well. I’ll see if I can find it.

EDIT: I found it. It didn’t explain anything about Mean Streets, so perhaps I made that up. Can’t remember.

http://www.drorism.com/tarantino_toilet_kill_bill.php

Hitchcock did that aswell

[quote=“nevoo”]
i’m writing a paper on tarantino, and mainly on the thing the are reapetable in his movies, like the suits in reservoir dogs and pilp fiction or the use os swords in PF or kill bill.

if u can help me find more things like that please rite down here

(sorry about tha poor english, i dont speak it very well)
[/quote]

How about Pulp and Dogs both start off in a diner, then credits roll, and then the next scene is in a car.

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
Hitchcock did that aswell
[/quote]

really… huh… i guess your right… i should watch more hitchcock films… :frowning:

To add to what Laydback said…

Frequent feet close-ups

Frequent use of drugs

Common one-liners (“let’s get rambling” etc.)

Mexican stand-offs

Yo… i’m a new member looking for a little bit of help…

I’m a huge fan of QT’s work like most of the people here and i’m writing a paper on American violence of course(not my choice)… Being a fan of violence in movie’s i’m defending our side of the argument that entertainment doesn’t necessarily mean we are violent people. I know the issue is brought up all of the time… specially here and what not and its tired out, but its something i have to do. I love the Rogerian method style of writing so i’m attempting to ease my readers in with the help of a quote that i can’t seem to find the source for…

"In daily life, violence is one of the worst excesses in America. But in films, it’s one of the most fun things to watch,’’ he told Reuters news service. (now after hours of searching i finally found something that linked this quote to “reuters news service”) I can’t seem to find this interview or article anywhere using Google, AskJeeves, AlstaVista , and Lycos… as well as searching Reuters news service’s site…

I cannot use this quote if i have no direct source… and i really think it’d help make my essay a little better.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!! Its friday night and i have till sunday night to find this source!!!

EDIT by Ify:

I have merged your topic with this one.

Ok, I’d try to find the source link myself but I’m busy with my course work. However, I remember reading that quote or one similar to that in an interview, I think it may have been the Playboy one. If you follow this link <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/index.php?sea … &Itemid=27”>http://www.tarantino.info/index.php?searchword=interview&option=com_search&Itemid=27</LINK_TEXT> and just read up on the interviews, you may find what your looking for.

Thanks alot for trying to help, i’ll keep looking through the forums. :smiley:

Hi, im a third year media and film student and am writing my dissertation on fan cultures

surrounding Quentin Tarantinos films. I know its a pain in the ass filling in questionnaires

but if you could take five minutes to do this it would be such a great help.

Thankyou very much.

MC333 Questionnaire

Male/Female?

Age?

Hobbies/Interests?

1. Have you seen any of Quentin Tarantino’s films? If so which.
  2. Are you a fan of his films?
  3. What appeals to you about his films and why?
  4. Which films of his are your favourite and why?
  5. How would you describe the content of his films?
  6. How does the construct of violence, sex, drug abuse and crime in the films affect you

as an audience member and why?
  7. How do you receive the violence, sex, drug abuse and crime (for example, comically,

shocking, frightening), and why?
  8. What other genres of films do you enjoy?
  9. What appeals to you about the films and why?
  10. What do you dislike about the films and why?

If you do fill in the questionnaire you can email it to me if you like at s0308325@glos.ac.uk.

Cheers

[color=navy]Edited by Ify:

I have merged your topic with this one.

who are you and why are you asking these questions? I want your response now, or I want them eventually!!!

[quote=“Snake Charmer”]
who are you and why are you asking these questions? I want your response now, or I want them eventually!!!
[/quote]

Who are you and what right do you have to come across as superior to that poster? Please do not be hostile!

0308325 I’m sure there will be quite a few people who will help you out. As you said, they can E-mail the answers to you.

I think I answered that question in my post, Im a media student and Im writing my dissertation on Tarantino and his fans. Seeing as this is a site for fans of Tarantinos work I thought it would be a good place to start, dont you?

Thanks Ify

I’m gonna talk about QT in my english class next week. I only have to talk for 2 mins and I was just wondering, should I mention My best friends birthday?

What do you guys think?

not his birthday…mention the day that he made it to the big time …because that is his new birthday

your peers will think that you’re extra wierd if you go down that street!

I was gonna do a report on him too, my teacher didn’t even know who he was. But after awhile I got tired and decided not to do the report.

[quote=“rollingthunder”]
I was gonna do a report on him too, my teacher didn’t even know who he was. But after awhile I got tired and decided not to do the report.
[/quote]
Wow, you’re a real stellar student aren’t you?

ive been slacking off alot at school, thinking about calling it quits and go get a GED

In my composition class, we were given an assignment to choose an Auteur (someone who writes AND directs a movie), choose 2 of their movies, and find connections between them. I was wondering if anyone could help me out finding some solid connections between Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Reservoir Dogs. So far, here is what I have come up with.

[list]

• [*]There is less dialect and more conversation
  • [*]LOTS of blood/dismembered body parts
  • [*]Music isn't background music, but is actually playing (ie: actors can turn off music)
  • [/list]

[quote=“rollingthunder”]
    ive been slacking off alot at school, thinking about calling it quits and go get a GED
    [/quote]

take my advice: never quit school. do highschool, do college, get a good degree. no matter how hard it is, dont fucking quit the bastards or you’re just another asshole on the line, applying for shit jobs