Official Homework and term-paper question topic

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
I think it sounds in some way like “i shot a guy today”
[/quote]

hahahahaha

CPS- merginian rhapsody

Mama just merged a man,

Put a moderating skill against his head, pulled my reply button, now he’s dead.

Mama, his new tread had just begun,

But now I’ve gone and merged it all away.

Mama, ooh, Didn’t mean to make you cry,

If I’m not back again this time tomorrow,

Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.

Hi there!

I just joined the board and I’m in dire need of help!

I’m doing a writer’s craft project on Tarantino as a screenwriter and I need some help.

How has his life experiences influenced his art?

What are his central themes/topics/vision of life as seen in his writing?

…and what is his style or technique of writing?

I also have to ask one more favour.

Okay, the presentation portion of this project requires a game. I figured that this was the best place to ask for help on creating a fun game or activity for the class that involves tarantino-esque elements…but nothing involvling guns or anything! Any ideas?

thank you in advance ;D

I am an upper 6th media student in the UK and as part of my course I have to answer a question of my choice. My question is

To what degree has Quentin Tarantino manipulated his female characters to subject stereotypical gender roles?

If you could answer as many questions you have time to answer I would be very grateful. Also if you know any essays, books, websites that you think might help and ways to directly or indirectly get in contact with Quentin Tarantino, actors in his films Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown or Kill Bill 1 or anyone involved in those films I would be forever thankful.

Please email answers back to me at mothballs6@hotmail.com

Thank you very much for your time.

Jim Townsend

What is your favorite film out of?

Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown

Kill Bill1

1. In your opinion does Tarantino depict women in his films as stereotypes, week and vulnerable?

2. Do you think Mai, lead female role in Pulp Fiction, takes on stereotypical male characteristics?

3. Is she of higher status, dominant, over Vincent Vage?

4. When do you think Jackie Brown has higher status, at the beginning or end of the film?

5. The camera shots at the start of the film show Jackie Brown as high status and at the end as low status which I think contradicts the action within the film. What do you think?

6. In Kill Bill 1, who do you think is the dominant female character in the end fight? The Bride or O-Ren Ishii.

7. Do you think it is unusual that Tarantino made the main character of Kill Bill 1 a woman?

Hi and welcome!

I merged your question from the wrong board to our official Homework Topic. The other post with the same question you posted in the newsletter topic is deleted s

Well, the answer of your favorite movie question is in out “favorite QT movie topic” - you can read the results of the poll and read some answers.

The answer about women is quite often asked here and you can find some answers in this topic here…

And can you explain me the question:
[quote]4. When do you think Jackie Brown has higher status, at the beginning or end of the film?[/quote]
I would like to answer your questions later…

What i mean by: When do you think Jackie Brown has higher status, at the beginning or end of the film?

Is when do you think she is more in controll at the end or begining of the film.

Thankyou very much for putting my Questionnaire in the right place and sorry if it cased any problems by me putting it in the wrong place.

The problem i have is that its not so much the right answers i need rather then i need people who know a bit about what there talking about to answer (you and your members). Its just i know (i think) the answers but because of the corse im doing i still need to ask other people. So i was just wondering weather this is the right place for me to get the chance for some kind of feedback.

Thankyou very much for your help

Jim T

Go to http://www.metaphilm.com and poke around some of the different articles, there are 2 features on Pulp Fiction and one for each Kill Bill, plus other articles related to Quentin in some of the pheatures, it’s all really interesting and there are a few that go along the lines of your questions. All the shit on that site is interesting, really.

Thankyou very much for your help with telling me about www.metaphilm.com its been realy usfull.

I know this has been discussed before kind of recently can you repost one on a game for my class to play or a new one. I cant seem to come up with nething except maybe a jepordey style but i dont know what to put in it

right…im in college and we are studying QT… i need to know whether you think he is a “genious or a magpie”… luike with his ideas… how he borrows them from other films and stuff… please give me some help… thanks

[quote=“1chucky33”]
right…im in college and we are studying QT… i need to know whether you think he is a “genious or a magpie”… luike with his ideas… how he borrows them from other films and stuff… please give me some help… thanks
[/quote]

your question kinda doesn’t sound college-level at all but at any rate… what exactly is the thesis question you’re faced with in your discussion/study?

I’m doing a project on whether Tarrantino’s self confessed ‘homages’ or influences (of other directors) make his work less original or if they simply utilise his masterful knowledge of cinema to his advantage? Also i would appreciate it if anyone could help me produce a list of films, scenes, characters, shots, styles ect that QT has used in his films of been influenced by. Thanks dan

you should definitely buy the Kill Bill casebook for example and read some other books, maybe the Pocket Essential one (check out the books section of this forum) …

and there are loads of References topics in this forum

Forget the book and just look through this forum. This very forum is the main source of that book anyway.

Hey Guys, I’m a newbie here, but have read through this thread and hoping its in the right place on this forum (so no merging is neccassary, lol) and you guys have helped me out loads for this Auteur project i’m doing at college.

I know you guys probably have loads of other stuff to be doing than helping us lame asses out with our homework, but i really would appreciate any information or feedback you are willing to give. Ok basically we have to choose our favourite Auteur, so obviously its the main dude Tarantino and the question i decided was…

Title: Can Quentin Tarantino be described as a contemporary auteur, when his work is said to be influenced by other Auteur’s worldwide.

So an auteur is an individual who has clearly left there signitures on there films, but if QT work is signitures from other auteurs does this make him an auteur?? Now this project doesnt necessarily have to have an actual answer, we dont have to say yes he is or no he isnt, basically its just asking me to provide information for and against. We have to go into detail with this question with 3 of the auteurs films. The films i have chosen are:- Reservois Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill vol 1 and 2

I have looked at themes like the trunk shots, the mexican stand offs, bare feet, burgers, but i need more information, and i know QT has said he has been influenced by John Woo and Scorsese, so any info on this or literally anything i would really really appreciate.

thank you so much guys, and sorry for like writing an essay here,

if anyone would prefer e-mailing me

frenchansaunders@hotmail.co.uk

thanks again guys, mwah xoxo

i’m writing a paper on tarantino, and mainly on the thing the are reapetable in his movies, like the suits in reservoir dogs and pilp fiction or the use os swords in PF or kill bill.

if u can help me find more things like that please rite down here

(sorry about tha poor english, i dont speak it very well)

Yeah…the swords; talk about his love for his favortie genre’s of movies (spaghetti westerns, oldschool kung fu, etc). His desire for uma thurman (haha, j/k).

Why not type your assignment here and we’ll just do it for you? While we’re at it you get a nice massage and a good cocktail while you lay on a comfortable bed and watch your favourite movie?

Trunk POV

Bathrooms

Non-linear storytelling

vintage music

mundane conversations

Song and dance sequence

strong language and violence

cigarette smoking

pop culture references

food and drink

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]
Why not type your assignment here and we’ll just do it for you? While we’re at it you get a nice massage and a good cocktail while you lay on a comfortable bed and watch your favourite movie?
[/quote]

haha and we take you in the back and suck your dick

[quote=“Laydback”]
Trunk POV

Bathrooms

Non-linear storytelling

vintage music

mundane conversations

Song and dance sequence

strong language and violence

cigarette smoking

pop culture references

food and drink

[/quote]

Bathrooms huh? I never would have thought of that. I just realized there’s one shown in about all his movies though. I’m guessing because it’s a way to throw even more “filth” into the picture.