Okay I think I’ll do it.

1. Dog
  2. 15-19
  3. Five or more times
  4. On DVD
  5. Yes
  6. DVD
  7. Yes, I watched them they were great.
  8. It was stylish, cool and totally great gangster film.
  9. Soundtrack not really great and Harvey Keitel as Mr. White.
  10. I can’t remember
  11. That I had seen it when kid, though I really just saw some two scenes and all, I only knew that it was great and a Tarantino movie.
  12. Visit sites, I think that was how I found the forum, my first post was about RD too.
  13. I don’t think so.
  14. Because it’s great, can there be any other reason?
  15. It sucks haha.
  16. No I didn’t
  17. Maybe

Cyber-lilli - That has to be, pretty much, the best reply I’ve had so far…!  :smiley:

Tell me - what are the DVD extras on hte French version?

…and no, the question I’m actually doing is “Concept to consumption”, which means that I have to find out everything I can about the film from pre-production, production and post-production to how successful it was financially, and what people actually thought of it - hence the questionnaires.

I’ve been emmercing myself in RD trivia for about three weeks now, and spent four hours yesterday trying to find out why Tarantino felt the need to have 5 assistant directors on the set and what the hell they all did!

1) male

2) Which age range do you fall into?

20-24 ÂÂ

3) How many times have you seen Reservoir Dogs?

Five or more times

4) Where did you first see it?

On DVD/VHS at a friend’s

5) Did you enjoy the film? yes, very much :slight_smile:

6) Do you own a copy of the film? and if so, DVD or VHS?  I own it on VHS and on 2 different dvds

7) If you own the DVD have you watched the special features? And, if so, what did you think of them?  on both dvds I own are great features…commentary and interviews are the best…

8 ) What did you like about the film? its cool and entertaining…most of the actors do the acting of their lifetime…

9) What did you dislike? nothing really…its a masterpiece…

10) Where did you hear about the film?

Advertisments Word of mouth Reviews Newspaper/magazine: all of them :slight_smile:

11) What made you want to see the film? Pulp fiction was the first film I saw of Tarantino…needless to say I was excited…so I checked out what else he had done…

12) Did the film prompt you to -

Find out more about the film? See more of Tarantino’s films? See more films featuring actors from the film? Visit internet fan sites about the film? Buy merchandising, such as the action figures from the film? : all of the above…

13) If the film prompted you to see other films please list them and indicate whether or not you liked them.

It got me interested in other tarantino films…and because of the countless “references” in his movies I wanted to check out the movies his work is based on…from city on fire to Godard to John Woo…etc

14) Why do you think that Reservoir Dogs was such a popular film? because its just such a fun ride…its exactly what a movie is supposed to be in my opinion and thats entertainment at its best!

15) Please feel free to include any additional comments you would like to make about the film -

this film started a hype…more a cult…opened the world to more cult flicks that otherwise wouldnt be so popular…plus it injected one of cinema’s greatest directors into the business: Tarantino!!

1) Female

2) 15/19

3) 7 times approximately

4) On DVD from the college library

5) Yes (although I felt a bit guilty about enjoying it the first time)

6) DVD Special Edition

7) I think the special features were rubbish, they could have added so much more!

8) The originality and the ability to make you laugh and feel guilty about it, the structure and the fact that nothing is glamourised

and you only see what happened after the robbery. Also the casting was amazing!

9) I don’t rember much about Ed Bunkers character!?!

10) Word of mouth

11) The title and from what others had told me! I had also seen Pulp before Dogs.

12) See more Tarantino films and also watch more of Tim Roth’s films! (The Legend of 1900 was brilliant)

13) Can’t be bothered

14) It’s originality, it’s director and the controversy surrounding it!

15) -

There is one major word which somes up QT perfectly as a director, CREATIVE! ;D

would you guys mind if i print off some of your comments?

only im doing an “auteur” project on Quentin for my A2 film studies and need various bits of info, comments etc…

QT changes his directing style according to how he feels the movie should feel, hes not really known for one style of movie style. thats one reason i enjoy his films.

[quote=“JackRabbitSlim”]
QT changes his directing style according to how he feels the movie should feel, hes not really known for one style of movie style. thats one reason i enjoy his films.
[/quote]

You are wrong but right at the same time.

QT has a very unique style which anybody with an ounce of grey matter would be able to tell if a film was a QT film. He has various ‘trademarks’ which appear consistently within his films. He very rarely changes his style, and when he does, he doesn’t necessarily use that particuar thing once, but he uses it in all his future projects. You will see many things in a QT film which you have alread seen before. When you see something ‘new’ from him, I guarantee you will see that same thing in a future project.

PS. A list of those trademarks can be found here

as most people do, i am to doing a project on who i feel is one of the most creative men of all time…Mr Tarintino.

all i need is a few sentences on your views on the following topic…i am stating where i got my information from so ech of you will be creditied and each view would be appriciated!!..greatly!!

Give me your seperate views and express your feelings on :

His portrayel of the modern woman

How is he diverse & unique and different to all the other directors, how do you immediatly no your watching a Tarintino film if you were not familiar with his work, what is his trademark, how does he bring his personality into his projects?

is it a good thing that he realy relies strongly on his past influences and he recreates things which have already been done, some say he rips off and copys what do you think? does he still deserve the creative title, as he uses alot of old ideas?

Is the fact that he uses violence in all of his films to the extreme, a good or positive image he is creating around himself? can he be called a legend later on in life for filmmaking with all vioelnce on the screens?

is he fearless and not afraid to push boundaries?, does he make a film for one target audience and play it safe?

i am so looking forward to hearing your views!!..i really am!xxxx thank u

hey Cortez

I am new to this forum and have realized hat most people arent very bothered in posting to help other people ??? i dont know why. Anyway, heres my views.

First of all, one thing i have no idea abbout is the portrayal of the modern woman but women are heroes in a few of his stories, i dont know much about this topic, however for his trademark style there is a topic devoted to this

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=4029.0

Its very good in describing what he repeats using in his film as his signature marks such as briefcases, the camera shot from the trunk and the excessive violence.

Tarantino is a very influential director, alot of people praise him as he is different and original. There are two types of films and the Great ones are the films with the original storyline and plotline. Different is good and thats what Tarantino achieves.

Some people say that Tarantinos violent filmmaking is a bad influence in modern society however, Tarantino is there to tell a story, and this violence goes on in real life eg. reservoir dogs - bank hiests happen all the time and the violenece is no exception. I think it helps give him his title and style, and as we all know the tarantino style is no less than spectacular.

He has shown us hes obviously afraid to push his boundaries, two children reenacted the ear cutting scene in reservoir dogs yet that has not scared Tarantino. He has made alot more iolent films such as the kill bill volumes and from dusk till dawn.

“Play it fucking safe shouldnt be in a directors vocabularly” Guess the movie , lol :smiley:!

Seeya, zombie

[quote=“cortez_2005”]
as most people do, i am to doing a project on who i feel is one of the most creative men of all time…Mr Tarintino.

… a Tarintino film if you were n…

[/quote]

before you start a project about a director you shouldl find out how you spell his name, by the way :_))

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
before you start a project about a director you shouldl find out how you spell his name, by the way :_))
[/quote]

haha lol

There is really enough information about Tarantino on this site and forum!

For opinions of fans just read the forum!

I refuse to do anybody else his schoolwork… :-*

[quote=“tom zombie”]
hey Cortez

I am new to this forum and have realized hat most people arent very bothered in posting to help other people ??? i dont know why. Anyway, heres my views.

[/quote]

Well the problem is, that we recieve this kinda question regulary. If someone try to answer every question, he wouldn´t be able to watch on movie a week. :wink:

And we have a special topic for this kinda question… So, it shows that this guy didn´t read the topics here…

I´m a little bit tired of answering every post, when I realize that people only ask and don´t contribute.

[quote=“cortez_2005”]

all i need is a few sentences on your views on the following topic…i am stating where i got my information from so ech of you will be creditied and each view would be appriciated!!..greatly!!

Give me your seperate views and express your feelings on :

[/quote]

I merged yout new topic with this one, please use open topics instead of opening new once. Above all, if you can find some answers of your questions here s

Wish you a great day.

At the moment i am working on a project debating the auteur (from cinephile, term meannig author, relating to a person’s ability to create a sigature on a pieco of work) status of Mr. QT.

This is my essay title:

“I am always trying to fuck up the genre moment” - QT How far does this statement help in determining QT auteur status.

Can you just give me your opinion on Q’s movie making style whether you think he’s a genius that has created his own genre or whether you think he’s a thief of other’s ideas. Greatly appreciate your opinion as it’s for my A-level coursework. Thanx.

[quote=“chantelwhiteman”]
At the moment i am working on a project debating the auteur (from cinephile, term meannig author, relating to a person’s ability to create a sigature on a pieco of work) status of Mr. QT.

This is my essay title:

“I am always trying to fuck up the genre moment” - QT How far does this statement help in determining QT auteur status.

Can you just give me your opinion on Q’s movie making style whether you think he’s a genius that has created his own genre or whether you think he’s a thief of other’s ideas. Greatly appreciate your opinion as it’s for my A-level coursework. Thanx.
[/quote]

Hi and welcome!

I merged your topic with our Homework topic ;)

you really like the word “merged”, dont you? :-*

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
you really like the word “merged”, dont you? :-*
[/quote]

That´s fucking true! “I merged a topic” is close to “I was buying some DVDs!” ;D

I think it sounds in some way like “i shot a guy today”

you need to specify what aspect of style, you want to know or talk about, i think QT’s style is in essence exploring ideas and moral isues within a cohesive world that we all know to be his own, (the world of QT) Sure he is eclectic with references and he is effective in synthesising material of his interest but it’s how he does this that makes him great. For example the significance of te “super hero” monologue delivered by Bill in Kill Bill 2. thats a piece of pop culture thats been around for ages available to eveyone, but it’s QT who uses it to greater significance and more importantly to make moralistic and idealistic comments within his world (which only serves to validate them). keep on digging into the many levels of a QT film and you will be greatly rewarded.