Official grindhouse website

[quote=“Laydback”]
Forgot how big a fan QT is of the Fulci flick!

[/quote]

Boy, isn’t she a cutie.

Looooooocheeeeooo Fullcheeeeezzz Zommmmbeeeeee! :slight_smile:

That chick was actually quite a stunner before the zombie fucked her up.

Cool observation LB! :slight_smile:

She looked ok in Zombi 2 yeah, and we know how much QT likes fucked up eyes(see Kill Bill :stuck_out_tongue:).

I love that little shot in Vol 2 of Budd holding the mace to The Bride’s eye, definitely a Fulci style shot. Reminded me of the wooden splinter eye shot with Olga in Zombi 2.

Yes definitely :slight_smile:

I love that scene too.

I must have the Fulci screenshot somewhere…

I’ll look for it :wink:

[quote=“Scarface”]
That chick was actually quite a stunner before the zombie fucked her up.
[/quote]

Wow, a zombie did that? I may have to check it out…

Is zombi worth buying?

It ain’t my favorite zombie movie, but it’s worth watching for the gore scenes and make-up effects alone. Plus it is probably the only movie in cinematic history which features a fight between a zombie and a shark. ;D

I gotta say Zombi 2 is probably my all time favorite straight out Zombie film. I like Romero’s films, but something about Fulci and the way he did his undead, I just think they’re more fierce and scary. Also, his style was just unique to that genre.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
I gotta say Zombi 2 is probably my all time favorite straight out Zombie film. I like Romero’s films, but something about Fulci and the way he did his undead, I just think they’re more fierce and scary. Also, his style was just unique to that genre.
[/quote]

The more I watch it, the more it gets closer and closer to being my favorite as well. The slow beginning is still modest task to deal with, but this flick just takes off after the eyeball/shark scenes. And as you mentioned, just the ugliest,foulest,and scariest looking zombies (perhaps) ever assembled.

And who doesn’t love the theme music?

I love the music in that movie… BTW my dvd doesn’t have the eyeball scene but i’ve seen it on youtube so i don’t really care

I saw Zombi 2 in the store the other day and I almost bought it, maybe I will. Definitely sounds interesting.

[quote=“Laydback”]
The more I watch it, the more it gets closer and closer to being my favorite as well. The slow beginning is still modest task to deal with, but this flick just takes off after the eyeball/shark scenes. And as you mentioned, just the ugliest,foulest,and scariest looking zombies (perhaps) ever assembled.

And who doesn’t love the theme music?
[/quote]

Some of the music in the movie I like the best is that Carribean steel drum music when they take the boat to Matool. I really just love the whole movie. It works for me across the board. And no blue faced zombies, we’re talkin crusty, crunchy, dirty, decayed cannibal corpses who are starvin’! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Bad Max”]
I love the music in that movie… BTW my dvd doesn’t have the eyeball scene but i’ve seen it on youtube so i don’t really care
[/quote]

Is there some kind of unrated version out or somthing?

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
Is there some kind of unrated version out or somthing?
[/quote]

Overseas, it’s often edited. But there’s 2 kind of edits. One that has gore edited (I think this is called Zombie Flesh Eaters) and there’s an edited version in America released by Anchor Bay. But it’s only missing some extra talky scenes.

There’s a two disc dvd by Shriek Show if your gonna get the movie I recommend getting that

[quote=“Scarface”]
It ain’t my favorite zombie movie, but it’s worth watching for the gore scenes and make-up effects alone. Plus it is probably the only movie in cinematic history which features a fight between a zombie and a shark. ;D
[/quote]
Which is mentioned on the Grindhouse website as well.

I finally got into the Grindhouse site (thanks to my new MAC G4). I just got done looking through it and its so awesome. I played the Machete gun game and went buckwild poppin caps everywhere. I also read all the Grindhouse 101 stuff, character bios etc. I also played around with the radio dials and heard some lines from the movie. QT: “Dont taunt me bitch, I’m not one to be taunted” haha. GH is going to rock so much. I can’t wait.

Less than 4 months now!