Obscure movie review

[quote]You had me at “Like, there’s even children being killed in it.” [/quote]

Only on a Tarantino message board would you find a quote like this… ;D

Good reviews man, what kind of video editing software do you use? I make a lot of fighter HLs and stuff, and I use Sony Vegas mainly - with After Effects and others used for FX and such. I’ve thought about doing video reviews too, but unfortunately don’t have the camera nor the cash to up and grab one.

[quote=“pantsman”]
Good reviews man, what kind of video editing software do you use? I make a lot of fighter HLs and stuff, and I use Sony Vegas mainly - with After Effects and others used for FX and such. I’ve thought about doing video reviews too, but unfortunately don’t have the camera nor the cash to up and grab one.
[/quote]

thanks. The editing software i use is also sony vegas. Yea i have been into filmmaking for quite a while now and was actually into making movies, then came up with the idea that i should start doing reviews.

i decided to make an intro for the credit sequence that will play on ever episode for the credit sequence. They are also going to take place down my basement now, hence why it goes down there. Also the final split is where it is going to lead into the episode. here is the intro without the credits. It was made from unused footage and new footage mixed. New intro to obscure movie review - YouTube

You’re a madman, John! I’ve just watched almost all your vids. Keep it up.

just finished another episode check it out. Obscure Movie Review Episode 5 - Video Violence (1987) - YouTube

Poster for the show.

did an update of movie collection here it is Movie Collection Update - #1 - YouTube

I think I have more VHS tapes than you, but you’ve probably got more DVD’s than me. Maybe not as many as Kenneth though.

yea i only own probably around 150 vhs tapes, stopped buying them like 2 years ago, only buy around 5 a year now. yea all together only like around 800 movies but im hopeing to be up to 1000 by the summer buy alot more now that i have a job lol. Plus from the ages of like 11-14 only bought strictly exploitation movies. Which at that time alot where hard to find.

The credit sequence is a bit long.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
The credit sequence is a bit long.
[/quote]
yea discussed it with my buddy. next one is going to be a cut down version of it.

yeah. the reviews are great, i’ve seen most of them.

thanks. And are you “biohazard”?

Yes. BioBasterd is my new one.

[quote=“Jjp”]
yea i only own probably around 150 vhs tapes, stopped buying them like 2 years ago, only buy around 5 a year now. yea all together only like around 800 movies but im hopeing to be up to 1000 by the summer buy alot more now that i have a job lol. Plus from the ages of like 11-14 only bought strictly exploitation movies. Which at that time alot where hard to find.
[/quote]

You’re an amazing guy. Don’t ever stop loving movies so much.

Hah! Watched the Video Violence review, you’ve really stepped it up with that one. Really great stuff. I also agree with a lot of your points, kind of an underrated little flick. It’s a relatively fresh idea that was pulled off in a nifty way. I still haven’t watched the second one though.

[quote=“pantsman”]
Hah! Watched the Video Violence review, you’ve really stepped it up with that one. Really great stuff. I also agree with a lot of your points, kind of an underrated little flick. It’s a relatively fresh idea that was pulled off in a nifty way. I still haven’t watched the second one though.
[/quote]
Thanks i still have not seen the second one. I own it since it came with the 1st. I was thinking about doing a review on that after the review im working on now.