No Quentin in "Jackie Brown"

Maybe he just doesn’t wanna go through all the vain bullshit that actors and actresses go through anymore. Myabe he’s taken all the criticisms from people saying he should be a director-writer first, an actor third. Who knows. At least the voice on the answering machine is QT. I love the robot voice he does for the machine.

QT as Garr woulda been interesting…not enough lines for him, though. He needs a little speech to give, it’s what he does best, IMHO.

yeah, i thought his answering machine voice was good. the first time i saw it , i didnt know it was QT’s voice. now when watch it, i still laugh. ;D

Shit, when I first watched Jackie Brown, I didn’t even know who Tarantino WAS

Thank god, Tarantino’s a kick-ass director but he is one shitty actor (no offense quentin)

Hes a good director but hes not a “shitty” actor hes pretty decent in my point of few.

I love Quentin as an actor. Its funny because half the time hes over acting. I hated him in four rooms it was like he wanted to be on the camera only and everyone should have only a bit of time while he stole the show. >:(

i thought he was ok in Pulp Fiction-he didnt really do much, just listen to the Wolf and say a few lines to the hitmen and seemed out of place in Desperado, but i liked him in Reservoir Dogs when he gives the Like a Virgin speech-that was his shining moment

QT said on the Sharon Osbourne Show that he is in the HOBL sequence. When Uma stands on the bannister, and surveys the carnage, he’s in the corner somewhere. It’s impossible to make out faces, though. I think he’s the guy in the top right holding his head, stumbling over, and knocking down chairs.

QT can do film acting ok but he’d fuck it up in a theatre. Did anyone else think he looked so sexy in KillBill?

Who cares how good does he act? His presence in movies makes you understand that it’s just a Tarantino movie - absolutely different world, evrything doesn’t have to be serious.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Who cares how good does he act? His presence in movies makes you understand that it’s just a Tarantino movie - absolutely different world, evrything doesn’t have to be serious.
[/quote]

That is of course not the case for Kill Bill. And I just watched RD today cos I was feeling sick and couldn’t move properly and it just made me realise how bad QT was in that movie! he was always like ;D

reMINDING a FUCKmachine howitwasoncelike tobeavirgin

lol he overdid that scene so bad, brown was supposed to be a laid back chilled out characater like the rest but he made him kind of a nervous looking insecure kind of guy

but hey, fuck it, its not like it ruined the film or anything, i enjoy watching him act, enjoyed watching him act in 4 rooms, fuck what everybody says, i liked that characater right now, badly acted? sure, but hey, 90% of all hororfilms have terrible acting but that doesnt take away the plesure of watching it

Ahh, you all probably watch thinking about his bad acting and Concentrating on it, of course you’ll see how bad he is, or you’ll think so. He’s not bad at all. I like him in Desperado, in From Dusk Toll Dawn, in Pulp Fiction, and if noone told he was acting bad, I’d never notice it myself. I hate trying to estimate someones skills, I just watch the movie.

Of course - there are cases where the actor has to be shot after two hours…two hours of torture.

Nah I wasn’t concentrating on his bad acting. In the opening scene, it was funny watching him look at everybody as they talked, the other guys were all cool and chilling, and QT was like he was watching a tennis game, moving his head to and fro, like he was awe-struck. his acting doesn’t flow, if you know what I mean. I liked him in Desperado, Pulp and Dusk tho!

Q Fucking ROCKED in dusk!

Quentin WAS in Jackie Brown. Well, his voice anyway. His voice appears on Jackie’s answering machine. He’s the guy announcing the time and date of the call.

[quote=“SteveZissou”]
Quentin WAS in Jackie Brown. Well, his voice anyway. His voice appears on Jackie’s answering machine. He’s the guy announcing the time and date of the call.
[/quote]

Yep it has already been mentioned.

He fucks what little part he does have in the movie up. I mean the first time I watched JB, I thought “what the fuck is up with the voice on the answering machine” it sounded too robot-like when most answering machines have human-like voices. Haha, I feel for him, he really tries, he acts better when he doesn’t try to act than when he tries to act (see Desperado for reference).