Nirvana Link?

Erm, my first post - this site is freaking excellent.

In the sleeves to one of Nirvanas albums (dont matter which one) Tarantino is mentioned in the ‘Thanks’.

Does anyone know where that connection comes from - is it just an appreciation of each others work or where they acquanitces.

• Just interested to know, for some reason.

I know Kurt Cobain was a HUGE fan of Reservoir Dogs. I’m pretty sure Kurt and QT weren’t buddies though. It was more of an appreciation of each others works.

When you think about it, QT and Kurt both really changed each of the artforms they were working in around the same time. Very cool.

Why shouldn’t both of them have met? Cobain even did a CD together with William S. Burroughs (the BeatGeneration-guy, author of Naked Lunch) - so it isn’t impossible that there is a connection to Tarantino.

I wanted to know that too…thanks for clearing it up toothpickvic… 8)

The album in question is In Utero and Quentin’s name is spelled wrong: Tarentino  ;D

I think that if I was ever fronting a punkrock band (or any type of band) I would’ve namedropped him too

[quote]The album in question is In Utero and Quentin’s name is spelled wrong: Tarentino  ;D

I think that if I was ever fronting a punkrock band (or any type of band) I would’ve namedropped him too[/quote]

yes, I knew it was In Utero

Lemme be the first to say.

Nirvana fucking blows

There

[quote]Lemme be the first to say.

Nirvana fucking blows

There[/quote]

as said in pulp fiction, “that is where you an me differ, my friend.” of course, since Im on your shitlist, Im quite obviously not your friend, and you’re not mine.

[quote]Lemme be the first to say.

Nirvana fucking blows

There[/quote]

yeah right…behind of pearl jam, nirvana has to be my fav. band of all time!!!

no im pretty sure tarantino and kurt never met. coz theres an interview in nme (brit music mag) i had (may still have, if i remember and find it ill print it up) where they talk to him about it and he said kurt asked to meet but quentin was busy coz of schedule. then the interviewer suggested that quentin’s rejection may have pushed kurt over the edge and quentin cracked up and agreed! funny article.

and nirvana fucking sucked

oh, quentin never said nirvana sucked, i did - just to make it clear lol

Nirvana doesn’t suck!! :o

What is wrong with you.