The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

[news] Tarantino to quit acting! [Dec 19]

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/index.php?opt … 1&Itemid=2”>http://www.tarantino.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=491&Itemid=2</LINK_TEXT>

“I just don’t feel like acting anymore, I lost the bug.”

“Making a movie is so hard that I don’t want to have to be working on a film unless it’s my movie,” he said. " ‘Kill Bill’ was really hard â€â€

That’s real good news. I just want to see QT as a writer/director, no actor & producer bullshit.

The Grindhouse forum blokes seem like a bunch of fascists. Fuck 'em. :police:

[quote=“Scarface”]
That’s real good news. I just want to see QT as a writer/director, no actor & producer bullshit.
[/quote]

Same

Yeah I don’t mind so much if he doesn’t act in other people’s films, but I would still like him to cameo in his own films. It was kind of disappointing that he didn’t (clearly/visibly) appear in Kill Bill, even if it is just as a voice (like in JB) that would be cool. I just want him to appear in his own films with some lines of dialogue and not just as a dude sitting in some random place like Guy Ritchie does in Snatch, or Lawrence Bender in Dusk.

He should quit wasting his time on other projects (producing other people’s shit, making appearances for them etc) and get to work on Grindhouse and/or Inglorious Bastards. Heck, I’m still waiting for the super duper Kill Bill SE DVD.

[quote=“Scarface”]

The Grindhouse forum blokes seem like a bunch of fascists. Fuck 'em. :police:
[/quote]

As Laydback : same !

But I still want cameo of him in his own movie too…

[quote=“Ify”]
Heck, I’m still waiting for the super duper Kill Bill SE DVD.
[/quote]

Yes, what’s up with this ?? ???

That’s a shame, I’m sure we’ll all miss his er… acting talent.

No!! :’( I love his acting! He always does the cutest cameos. I hope he’ll do just a little more acting in the future, a few well-placed cameos would be great. It’s a real kick in the shin that he’s not doing Hell Ride. I was looking forward to that.

His cameo’s are cool…but all in all i hardly think it’s a great tragedy that he doesnt do normal acting. Let the man stick to what he’s exceptional at and have no more distractions in finishing grindhouse/making IB!

I used to go to the Grindhouseforum but he nearly banned me for taking one of his pics of Tarantino. He put it in a fucking topic about pics of Tarantino. So fuck them.

QT will act if he feels he’s the right guy :slight_smile: but hes older now and starting to get a bit…ugly

I hope he’ll still do some cameo’s and small parts in his own movies, but we didnt actually lose an acting god here. Far from it, I don’t know if you can call what he did acting.

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]
I hope he’ll still do some cameo’s and small parts in his own movies, but we didnt actually lose an acting god here. Far from it, I don’t know if you can call what he did acting.
[/quote]

Bullshit, I loved watching him act in movies. I am the only one? ???

pff

his best was like FDTD and that was like fun, but not actually acting

pff

[/quote]

Yes, that was deffinatley fun to watch. his acting is deffinatley entertaining and it’s nice to see; but ask yourselves…Are you fan of Quentin’s acting or directing?

pff

[/quote]

haha, true. He acts like himself the majority of the time. I wouldn’t call acting like oneself acting.