The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Natasha Richardson has passed away

Natasha Richardson has been pronounced dead and a statement has been released by her husdband, actor Liam Neeson.

Richardson was taken to the hospital approximately one hour after experiencing a fall during a ski lesson in Montreal. Laughing off the incident, Natasha isisted she did not need medical attention, but later started experiencing severe headaches.

After being taken to the Montreal hospital, doctors confirmed that Richardson had suffered brain damage and speculated that she was experiencing bleeding between the brain and skull.

Richardson was then flown to a New York hospital, where her husband and two boys have been by her side ever since. It was reported today that she was being taken off life support and it was just announced that she has died.

“Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha,” said Neeson’s rep in a statement. “They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time.”

that’ sad. but what is a bunny hill? I’m a skier and I never saw a bunny on the slope.

[quote=“Cyd”]
:’(

There are several reports that Natasha Richardson, who suffered a brain injury as a result of a skiing accident, and was reportedly flown from Canada to New York and Lenox Hill Hospital has been taken off life support.

The reports come from Liz Smith and the New York Post. Many celebrities, friends, and family have been visiting the 45-year-old actress.

Natasha Richardson and her son Michael, 13, were at the Mont Tremblant resort, about 80 miles NW of Montreal, Canada, taking ski lessons on Monday when Richardson fell on a bunny hill. However, she immediately leaped up and acted normally.

But an hour later, Richardson complained of horrible headaches and was taken to a nearby hospital.

She was eventually flown back to New York when family was told there was no hope of her regaining brain function, and they decided they wanted her to die "at home."

Mother Vanessa Redgrave, aunt Lynn Redgrave, sister Joely Richardson, ex-husband Robert Fox, husband Liam Neeson and their two children are keeping a bedside vigil.

Meryl Streep, author Joan Didion, and Lauren Bacall are among those who have visited her.
[/quote]

When I read the topic title, I was shocked. There have already been some false allegations of death from many places, I’m still not sure if it’s true. It is incredibly sad if it is. I’ve been reading/hearing about this since it happened, mostly from the BBC. It’s unbelievable how she could have functioned normally for an hour after the accident to then be taken to hospital being in a critical condition. What a remarkable thing the human form is.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Liam Neeson, their friends and family. It must be a very tough time.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
that’ sad. but what is a bunny hill? I’m a skier and I never saw a bunny on the slope.
[/quote]

"The statement from the Mont Tremblant resort in Canada said the actress “fell in a beginners’ trail while taking a ski lesson”.

“She was accompanied by an experienced ski instructor who immediately called the ski patrol,” it continued.

“She did not show any visible sign of injury but the ski patrol followed strict procedures and brought her back to the bottom of the slope and insisted she should see a doctor.”"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7949810.stm

That sucks. Well wishes to her family. Gotta come as a huge shock. Poor kids.