MTV Movie Awards

Mata Hari:

hehe, seems like the teens have the real taste!

Guess lot’s of voting from here, killbill2.net and the Uma forums have helped too! ÂÂ

She won for Best Female Actress and also Best Fight (GoGo/Beatrix) and it also got the Best Villain award for Lucy Lui.

Q&U deserve it, here’s the pics from the award ceremony:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Editorial & News Stock Images - News Sports, Celebrity Photos - Getty Images … hurman&p=7”>Editorial & News Stock Images - News Sports, Celebrity Photos - Getty Images</LINK_TEXT>

cps answered:

thanx my Darling!

Uma looks soooooo cute and so beautiful. And …cough…cough… it seems that Q & U have so much fun!

Oh Quentin, what´s up with Sofia? I mean Q & U are such a nice “couple”

Ursurper:

Kill bill mother fucking cleaned up

http://www.mtv.com/onair/movieawards/ma04/

Best Actress - Uma Thurman

Best Villain - Lucy Liu

Best Fight - Bride VS Go-Go

Won in every category it was nominated. Fuck yeah

Ms.Blonde:

Well, LOTR really did still deserve best picture, even after the clean sweep at the Oscars, but it’s nice to see KB getting some recognition somewhere. They better at least get cinematography or a directorial nod at the oscars…

Oh, wait! This is only for KB1 - sweet! That means they can still win best flick at MTV next year…  and it damn well better (shakes fist) lol.

Yeh, nice to see Kill Bill got some recognition, very good news!!

Does Chiaki show up?

Well color me surprised! Congrats to Q&U and Lucy Lui! :smiley:

Doesn’t change the fact that I hate MTV. >:( But I’m glad they won.

Another publicity push for Uma is always a good thing. Still won’t change the fact that I hate MTV, though.

Fuck MTV. All they provide us with is what to watch and what to listen too. The movie awards are no different, so don’t get a hard on over Kill Bill getting some light.

MTV doesn’t provide me with anything, because I don’t watch the daily suck fest. However, if MTV manages to swing a few million generation X drones Tarantino’s way, thus increasing the profit margin of his films and allowing for epics like Inglorious Bastards to get the automatic greenlight, I’m all for it.

MTV does play a lot of really good music videos, and are starting to devote more hours to just playing those videos.

Can you give some examples?

From like 10 in the morning up to 2 or 3 in the afternoon, they have a couple music video shows like Spankin New, Rock n Roll Hour, and Hip Hop Hour. I don’t have cable, but I checked it out at my neighbour’s a few weeks back so i’m probably not 100 % accurate

Roses- Outkast, My Band- D-12, and that one by that Ferdinand guy are some good videos

Remember when MTV was cool and had all those animated shows? Like that one show called the Head where there was this guy with a huge head and then he would get into some problem and this alien would then pop out of his huge head, making it then small. And the alien would make things worse or better, I don’t remember. Sifl and Olly was also cool.

Fuck yeah, Sifl and Olly was the greatest show ever. Actually, the show was kinda dumb but Calls from the Public was funny as shit and always cracked my ass up

Yeh the My Band video was good (Eminem directed it). Also, MTV Base used to be really good and they used to show loads of excellent tunes, old and new. But now-a-days they just play all this shit r’n’b from all these young bands, its ridiculous! What happened to 2Pac, Eminem, Biggie, Busta Rhymes, Xzibit, Nate Dogg, Jay-Z, Wu-Tang, DMX etc?? So i just don’t watch any music channels anymore, they are all a load of shit and there are too many pop bands!

Anybody peep Lucy’s acceptance speech for winning the Best Villain? That shit was funny.

muzzy posted this in an other topic:

why the show isnt live, i dont know but…sorry to spoil it(even though its all over the internet)

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.star-ecentral.com/movies/buz … s/buzz/200”>http://www.star-ecentral.com/movies/buzz/buzz.asp?file=archives/buzz/200</LINK_TEXT> 4/6/72004MTVMov&date=6/7/2004

Miss Macbeth posted this in an other topic:

ok, I have no real info about it - saw a clip from Inside Edition…all I can say is she was wearing her usual tweed stuff with hair back. Not bad.

Anyone able to put her bit on the net when it airs later B/c we never get MTV especially the awards…well once…but it was on like midnight I think… anyways…thank you!

And again, I just closed a new topic abour the mtv awards:

AlexBlack

Kill bill is 3 for 3 so far, that’s pretty cool…

FilmGuy:

They could have made a better Volume 2 parody. It wasn’t that funny.

They should have inserted shots from the actual movie. I love when they do that.

Please use the search function before open new topics.

[quote]Does Chiaki show up?[/quote]

no, but uma gave a shout out to her.

the show sucked ass compared to last year’s, they kept switching cameras during the lohan dance sequence, what the fuck is up with that?! they should’ve kept the cam on her ass. ;D

Did anybody notice Quentin’s trainers? They were a white and black version of the ones the bride wears in volume 1 during the house of blue leaves chapter.(I wonder if ‘FUCK U’ was written on the soles of them?) They looked so cool, I want a pair now!!! (he likes the colours black and white a lot doesn’t he?)

And yeh, the volume 2 parody wasn’t that good, it should have been funnier. Also did anybody get what Quentin said after Uma called him to the stage, it was something about Gogo, but I didn’t hear it properly. Also, I thought it was kind of funny when Lucy Liu said “Tarantino” in a funny way, it was like she didn’t pronounce it properly or she hesitated half way through saying it, lol!!

[quote]Also did anybody get what Quentin said after Uma called him to the stage, it was something about Gogo, but I didn’t hear it properly. Also, I thought it was kind of funny when Lucy Liu said “Tarantino” in a funny way, it was like she didn’t pronounce it properly or she hesitated half way through saying it, lol!![/quote]

he said, “Beeest… best fight baby!” and then at the end he said, “Chiaki Kuriyama Go-Go!”