Moviequote appreciation thread

Pacino in Glengarry Glen Ross:

Ricky Roma: All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don’t mind it. That’s the worst thing that I can confess. You know how long it took me to get there? A long time. When you die you’re going to regret the things you don’t do. You think you’re queer? I’m going to tell you something: we’re all queer. You think you’re a thief? So what? You get befuddled by a middle-class morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out. You cheat on your wife? You did it, live with it. You fuck little girls, so be it. There’s an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what? If you think there is, go ahead, be that thing. Bad people go to hell? I don’t think so. If you think that, act that way. A hell exists on earth? Yes. I won’t live in it. That’s me.

[pause]

Ricky Roma: You ever take a dump made you feel like you’d just slept for twelve hours?

Easy Rider

George Hanson: You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I can’t understand what’s gone wrong with it.

Billy: Man, everybody got chicken, that’s what happened. Hey, we can’t even get into like, a second-rate hotel, I mean, a second-rate motel, you dig? They think we’re gonna cut their throat or somethin’. They’re scared, man.

George Hanson: They’re not scared of you. They’re scared of what you represent to ‘em.

Billy: Hey, man. All we represent to them, man, is somebody who needs a haircut.

George Hanson: Oh, no. What you represent to them is freedom.

Billy: What the hell is wrong with freedom? That’s what it’s all about.

George Hanson: Oh, yeah, that’s right. That’s what’s it’s all about, all right. But talkin’ about it and bein’ it, that’s two different things. I mean, it’s real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. Of course, don’t ever tell anybody that they’re not free, ‘cause then they’re gonna get real busy killin’ and maimin’ to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they’re gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it’s gonna scare 'em.

Billy: Well, it don’t make ‘em runnin’ scared.

George Hanson: No, it makes 'em dangerous

Conan the barbarian

Mongol General: "What is best in life?"

Conan: “To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.”

Fargo

Carl Showalter: You ever been to Minneapolis?

Gaear Grimsrud: Nope.

Carl Showalter: Would it… kill you to say something?

Gaear Grimsrud: I did.

Carl Showalter: “No.” That’s the first thing you’ve said in the last four hours. That’s, a fountain of conversation there, buddy. That’s a geyser.

I just loved Buscemi’s character, firstly because of the perfect acting, secondly because he reminds me of a person I know in real life, a character very similar to him. I immediately nicknamed him like that guy, so “Carl Showalter” seems weird to me, I’ve seen the movie about three times, yet I found out what his name was TODAY.

Haha, an yeah:

[as Shep angrily approaches Carl]

Carl Showalter: You stay away from me, man! Hey, smoke a fuckin’ peace pipe!

It’s funny because Shep is an indian.

Haha actually it isn’t, but I cracked up the first time I saw that scene.

haha that line is hilarious, even though Buscemi’s delivery is 90% of it

Hahaha! I aint a big fargo fan…but that is classic!!

This doesnt make me smile but anyway,

Robocop:

(shoots hand off)Give the man a hand

[quote=“rollingthunder”]
This doesnt make me smile but anyway,

Robocop:

(shoots hand off)Give the man a hand
[/quote]

That’s hilarious.

Confessions of a dangerous mind:

Jim Byrd:I can teach you how to kill a man 30 different ways in a single blow Mr.Barris.

Tommy Boy:

(Richard punches Tommy)

Tommy:Is there a window open I feel a draft

(Richard punches Tommy again)

Tommy:If I wanted a kiss I’ve would’ve called you mother

Seems that Im the only one posting.

Shawshank Redemption

Red: [narrating] In 1966, Andy Dufresne escaped from Shawshank prison. All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap, and an old rock hammer, damn near worn down to the nub. I used to think it would take six-hundred years to tunnel under the wall with it. Old Andy did it in less than twenty. Oh, Andy loved Geology, I guess it appealed to his meticulous nature. An ice age here, million years of mountain building there. Geology is the study of pressure and time. That’s all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a big god-damned poster. Like I said, in prison a man will do anything to keep his mind occupied. It turns out Andy’s favourite hobby was totin’ his wall through the exercise yard, a handful at a time. I guess after Tommy was killed, he decided he had been here just about long enough. Andy did like he was told, buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine. The guard simply didn’t notice, neither did I… I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes? Andy crawled to freedom through five-hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can’t even imagine, or maybe I just don’t want too. Five-Hundred yards… that’s the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile.

This, of course, can’t be not in a topic like this…

GOODFELLAS

Henry Hill: You’re a pistol, you’re really funny. You’re really funny.

Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I’m funny?

Henry Hill: It’s funny, you know. It’s a good story, it’s funny, you’re a funny guy.

[laughs]

Tommy DeVito: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?

Henry Hill: It’s just, you know. You’re just funny, it’s… funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What’s funny about it?

Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.

Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He’s a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?

Henry Hill: Jus…

Tommy DeVito: What?

Henry Hill: Just… ya know… you’re funny.

Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it’s me, I’m a little fucked up maybe, but I’m funny how, I mean funny like I’m a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I’m here to fuckin’ amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Henry Hill: Just… you know, how you tell the story, what?

Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don’t know, you said it. How do I know? You said I’m funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what’s funny!

Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!

Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.

Haha, I remembered a great quote from Sex and The City:

Samantha: I always vote according to looks. Look what happened to Nixon - nobody wanted to fuck him, so he fucked everybody.

Since I watached rolling thunder last night here are some quotes

"Now you are going to tell us where that money is sooner or later. I would suggest sooner as later may be too late."

Hard To Kill:

Senator Vernon Trent: You can take that to the bank!

Mason Storm: I’m gonna take you to the bank, Senator Trent. To the blood bank!

"1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I’ve always wanted and now I have it. I rule!"

Anyone who agrees with me ? :wink:

I agree. Lester is my hero :wink:

• You got a minute?
  • For you, Brad, I’ve got five!

[quote=“thecrazy88”]
Anyone who agrees with me ? :wink:
[/quote]

I sure do!

“Smile, you’re at Mr. Smiley’s!” :smiley:

"I wanna look good naked!!"

Lester is so awesome! haha!

From Broken Flowers:

The Kid: So, as just a guy who gave another guy a sandwich, you have any philosophical tips or anything, for a guy on a-kind of- road trip?

Don Johnston: You asking me?

The Kid: Yeah.

Don Johnston: Well, the past is gone, I know that. The future isn’t here yet, whatever it’s going to be. So, all there is, is this. The present. That’s it.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Haha, I remembered a great quote from Sex and The City:

Samantha: I always vote according to looks. Look what happened to Nixon - nobody wanted to fuck him, so he fucked everybody.
[/quote]

Haha, that´s a great quote. Samantha is spot on sometimes.

Bob: I was feeling tight in the shoulders and neck, so I called down and had a Shiatsu massage in my room…

Charlotte: Mmh, that’s nice!

Bob: And the tightness has completely disappeared and been replaced by unbelievable pain.