The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Movie Idea

Los Sanchez Diablos

Okay, my friend and I are starting to get ideas for a movie we want to make, called Los Sanchez Diablos. The basic storyline is that a pair of bumbling hitmen (Leon Palmer & Cane DiFantasma) who work for a mysterious Mexican (Juan Evilio Jesus Sanchez) go out to pull off a heist on an Armoured car. The heist goes well, but soon after, the money is stolen. The pair go on various capers to get back the money, and along the way cross paths with a novice Russian Hitman (Vadim Petrenko), a misguided killer (Lefty) and a incoherent Mob Boss (the Coleman) who they work for for a short time. As you can see, it’s a work in progress.

As both myself and my friend are novelists rather than script-writer, most of our ideas are written in a way best presented in a short story. Ill post up a few of the situations I have written once I get some feed back.

sounds like it could be a fun ride.

I like everything except the name Lefty. The name’s become kinda cliche but I like everything else.

What does Los Sanchez Diablos mean?

sounds cool but why are the hitmen sent out to rob a armourded van, instead of killing people?

Lefty is more an inside joke. And as for the hitmen robbing the truck…yes, they will make Hits, but they come up with the idea of trying their luck at robbery.

And Los Sanchez Diablos means “The Sanchez Devils”.

okay

neat

I like it, but I think the heist should be something other then an armoured car, hasn’t that been done already?

It probably has, but so has everything else.

I have an idea of my own for a movie. It’ll be loosly based on a bunch of my friends, called Sureel (A Film About Everday Bullshit).

The main character will be the coolest guy I’ve ever met his name is Milo Redson he owns a 1978 Dodge Monaco (the car from the Blues Brothers) and makes the best homemade liquor ever. The supporting roles will be filled by my friend Mark Grizzle, he’s a neurotic little bastard who can be funny as hell, Ben Harris, about two years back him and four of my other friends, Jack & Sean Casey, Billy Varnier, and Allen Weir, were so obsessed w/ Reservoir Dogs that they decided to dress just like the guys in the film, buy the same type of guns, and rob a bank. And so on and so forth.

Im writing a screenplay, the idea is that a boxer gets involved in a gang, he starts out doin stuff like collecting money, but after he saves the gang boss’ life he becomes his bodyguard. Now hes wicked rich and hes addicted to coke. While transporting some money, a car crashes into their car(like in payback) and the money is stolen. But in the accident his legs get severed and now hes crippled. The gang boss sends him a check every month so he doesnt have to work but hes spending all that on coke. He starts haggin out at a bar and becomes friends with these two guys. They decide that they should start robbing liquor stores. This goes well for a while but at one fo the robberies one of the two guys get shot. THey run out with the wounded friend and drive away, but while theyre driving the guy dies so they dirve out to the desert and bury him. The alive friend goes to piss, but while hes pissing the cactrus hes urinating on falls on him and kills him. So now the cripple guy freaks out. He hitchhikes home

and when he goes home the cops come a knockin on his door, so he blasts them away, then goes to the top of his apartment building and pushes himself over.

The boxer/cripple guys name is Jimmy, but i dont know the name for his friends any ideas?

sounds like its been done before, but keep working at it.

[quote=“porkfriedrice”]
Im writing a screenplay, the idea is that a boxer gets involved in a gang, he starts out doin stuff like collecting money, but after he saves the gang boss’ life he becomes his bodyguard. Now hes wicked rich and hes addicted to coke. While transporting some money, a car crashes into their car(like in payback) and the money is stolen. But in the accident his legs get severed and now hes crippled. The gang boss sends him a check every month so he doesnt have to work but hes spending all that on coke. He starts haggin out at a bar and becomes friends with these two guys. They decide that they should start robbing liquor stores. This goes well for a while but at one fo the robberies one of the two guys get shot. THey run out with the wounded friend and drive away, but while theyre driving the guy dies so they dirve out to the desert and bury him. The alive friend goes to piss, but while hes pissing the cactrus hes urinating on falls on him and kills him. So now the cripple guy freaks out. He hitchhikes home

and when he goes home the cops come a knockin on his door, so he blasts them away, then goes to the top of his apartment building and pushes himself over.

The boxer/cripple guys name is Jimmy, but i dont know the name for his friends any ideas?
[/quote]

That is one of the most bizarre stories i’ve ever heard.

[quote=“porkfriedrice”]

[/quote]

i think that story has potential but it sounds crammed. It will either be really long and the audience will bore of it, or it will be short and the story will seem pressed together and every scene will seem rushed. but there is the chance that if it is longer (the preferrable option) the audience will like it, if its written well. look at the good the bad and the ugly and pulp fiction.

Thanks for the feedback. Im aiming for it to be bizarre, i love crazy movies. Also it would be a long movie but i think it would keep the viewers entertained, o and i thought of the other two guys names and now there twins, Dick and Floyd.And i also thought of a name for the gand leader, Smilin’ George, the name of the Cherry Poppers( The city that they live in is called Cherry Springs) and the name of the screenplay as of now is Onece Upon a Time in Cherry Springs.

That sounds interesting, and it might just work w/ today’s younger movie crowd, although if I were you I might work on the names, in my opinion they’re all to generic or unbelievavle. But other than that it might be a success, and if it’s not it is always possible to make more money w/ a flop than a hit, just look at A. V. P.

ahh was that a compliment? You think my screenplay is generic and commercial… was that even aimed toward me?

Oh no, I’m sorry if I insulted, I honestly didn’t mean to. I didn’t mean that I didn’t like your screenplay I said I thought the character’s names probably could use a little work that’s all. An the last sentence was a just a joking referance to the Mel Blanc stage production “The Producers”, in which the main character (Max Bialischtock) was told that it’s possible to make more w/ a flop than w/ a hit.

I HATE MY IDEA! IT SUCKS!

Sounds like another Snatch