Mother of Tears (The Third Mother)

Have I suddenly become blind or why can’t I find a topic for this movie (maybe the search function isn’t working ;D) ?

Someone else can explain whether this is supposed to be good or not (a brief look at the reviews would suggest a decent but cgi ruined camp piece), I just wanted to copy paste this:

Dario Argento will be in town for the European premiere of “La Terza Madre” (The Third Mother), the final film in the “Three Mothers” trilogy, but he won’t appear on the red carpet. Organizers said they would roll out a special black carpet to honor the famed Italian horror film director, who also is being feted in Rome with a retrospective that includes the other two films in the trilogy: “Suspiria” and “Inferno.” :smiley:

Since no one is showing any interest for the new Argento watch this nice new trailer for the old Argento instead:

- YouTube

Argento hasn’t done a good film in years. Admittingly I am not one of his biggest fans. Even Suspiria, whom everybody regards as his best movie, I find to be overrated. To me it feels like looking at a nicely decorated cake, and disappointing yourself once you actually get a taste of it. Beautiful cinematography and a great score interwined with a poor story and a laughable ending. Inferno I have yet to see, but I’m not expecting much neither from that nor from this new one.

I really hope this is good, Im like Argento alot but I cannot say I have liked some of his new works…So I hope this will be a good ending of the mothers trilogy!

i am a huge fan of argento but i am not sure how good this one will be… it was shot on a very low budget. as far as i heard from someone who was on the set there are scenes that look like Demoni with a bunch of possessed people chasing asia argento… there are some good stuff in his latest films but it is very uneven and he overuses CGI, badly I might add (cf. Syndrom of Stendhal)

Wasn’t a big fan of Inferno, but I’m very interested in seeing how Argento might tie things together. His work hasn’t been overly impressive as of late - but even bad Argento is at the very least fairly interesting.

I liked The Stendhal Syndrome. Phantom of the Opera was crap, though. I haven’t seen any other 90’s / 2000’s Argento’s.

Agreed with pantsman. Even though I’m not expecting Mother of Tears to be good it’s definitely interesting. GCI should be banned from Argento, though. I mean for fuck’s sake, camerawork and handmade gore effects (among a few other things) are what Argento is famous for.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
I liked The Stendhal Syndrome. Phantom of the Opera was crap, though. I haven’t seen any other 90’s / 2000’s Argento’s.
[/quote]

non ho sonno had a great opening and some good stuff here and there but overall, was disapointing. the card player is painfully bad and so is do you like hitchcock.

the film premiered in rome 2 days ago. the feedbacks are terrible… :’(

Sorry for going off topic and returning to Argento’s old films all the time, but have you guys seen this terrific japanese Tenebre trailer. No Goblin there, instead something that works in the trailer even better than Goblin even could’ve, I think. Amazing.

Japanese Tenebre Trailer - YouTube

Are you fucking serious? corny disco music?

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
No Goblin there, instead something that works in the trailer even better than Goblin even could’ve
[/quote]

Hmmm, no…

Well, fuck you all then. Here’s Goblin for you:

Profondo rosso - YouTube

- YouTube

[quote=“Bad Max”]
- YouTube
[/quote]

not nearly as good. Besides “We will feast with your heart” (okay, that was a very rough translation) is a hellava ending line for a trailer.

DEATH PROOF "TENEBRE" - YouTube Death Proof with Tenebre music

It is confirmed by several persons I spoke with: the third mother is really awfull (pardon for going back to topic ;D)

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
It is confirmed by several persons I spoke with: the third mother is really awfull (pardon for going back to topic ;D)
[/quote] :frowning: Such sad, sad news. Regardless, I still want to check it out myself. If only to finish the trilogy.

It does have 5 out of 5 positive reviews up till now on rottentomatoes though:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mother_of_tears/