The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

More excited for Grind House or Inglorious Bastards?

What excites you most?

• Grind House
  • Inglorious Bastards
  • other

0 voters

Which are you more excited for? I’m more looking forward to Grind House, Quentin and Robert do gritty like nobody else. While a pure QT film is cinema at it’s best, Bastards is going to be the kind of movie that stands on its own as a film, while Grind House will be the kind of film that you see in a shitty little theatre with people yelling at the screen and where you sneak in a few beers, so the overall experience will be more fun.

I’m waiting for whatever comes first. Anyway Inglorious Bastards sounds SOO big, Quentin has been writing the script for years and still needs one more to finish it, so this is such a great project to look forward to.

Inglorious Bastards, cause i can kind of imagine what Grind House is gonna look like but i have not idea what he’s gonna do with IB, i can only HOPE it’s gonna be a beautifull war epic and that it’s gonna be his most visual film, converting Kill Bill 2 into a warmup, i can only hope but i suspect it’s gonna be his best film yet, so yeah… IB

He might even make the best war film ever, you never know. Heh, I can imagine myself after 5 years having seen IB and remembering these guesses and all.

Definitely BASTARDS.

Most definitely Inglorious Bastards. I can’t fucking wait, it’s going to be his latest masterpiece and will knock the shit out of other war films… hopefully.

The build-up to the film so far has been tremendous. He’s gonna have some crazy actors in there, he’ll have some brilliant music (hopefully more from Morricone and Rodriguez). Just the line “It’s going to be what The Good The Bad And The Ugly was to The Civil War” makes my mouth water. Plus, I love The Dirty Dozen, and that he says is his main influence. Also, we all know GBU is his favourite film, and any nods to that masterpiece is ok in my book.

Can’t fucking wait. It’s going to be EPIC!!

Totally agree Bastards will be the shizznit.

[quote=“j_c”]
Totally agree Bastards will be the shizznit.
[/quote]

Agreed also.

But what does the other for in the poll?

Inglorious Bastards

Deathproof is going to be alot of fun, but its only an hour long, which isnt much when youre at the movies. Inglorious Bastards is going to really be a big deal when its finished. I mean that will be QTs big 2 hour + epic Spaghetti Western in WW2 film. That will be the one where he pushes his work even further in terms of quality and vision.

IB has a 6 hour script and he’s still writing.

Why does everyone keep bringing up Spaghetti Westerns in relation to IB? Quentin did the western thing in Kill Bill Vol. 2, I really doubt that’s going to be as heavy an influence on Bastards. The obvious influences are going to be like 70s Vietnam movies, Douglas Sirk melodramas, De Palma’s Casualties of War, Where Eagles Dare, The Dirty Dozen, and x y and z other war movies. That’s quite a treasure trove of influences, westerns only peripherally fit in there. I doubt that he’s going to go that route with the film or the music.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

[quote=“Ify”]
Most definitely Inglorious Bastards. I can’t fucking wait, it’s going to be his latest masterpiece and will knock the shit out of other war films… hopefully.

The build-up to the film so far has been tremendous. He’s gonna have some crazy actors in there, he’ll have some brilliant music (hopefully more from Morricone and Rodriguez). Just the line “It’s going to be what The Good The Bad And The Ugly was to The Civil War” makes my mouth water. Plus, I love The Dirty Dozen, and that he says is his main influence. Also, we all know GBU is his favourite film, and any nods to that masterpiece is ok in my book.

Can’t fucking wait. It’s going to be EPIC!!
[/quote][br]

I think he said some other stuff too shrugs

Obviously IB. Grindhouse only sounds like an appetizer for the next big thing.

[quote=“RazorCharlie”]
Why does everyone keep bringing up Spaghetti Westerns in relation to IB? Quentin did the western thing in Kill Bill Vol. 2, I really doubt that’s going to be as heavy an influence on Bastards. The obvious influences are going to be like 70s Vietnam movies, Douglas Sirk melodramas, De Palma’s Casualties of War, Where Eagles Dare, The Dirty Dozen, and x y and z other war movies. That’s quite a treasure trove of influences, westerns only peripherally fit in there. I doubt that he’s going to go that route with the film or the music.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
[/quote]

Ermmmm… because that’s what Quentin said?!

I posted what I read in a magazine here quite some time before October 2004. It was in October that Seb decided to bring together all things Inglorious Bastards-related under one topic. Anyway, it took some finding, but here it is (I highlighted the relevant Spaghetti Western related areas in red, just for you :-*)…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ify posted:

Here is part of an interview of Quentin Tarantino I am going to copy from a magazine I recently purchased…

Q. You’ve got the script written for Inglorious Bastards - what’s your take on WWII?

Obviously it will be different from anything we’ve seen before. It’ll have a very epic feel. It’ll be my take on the sociological battlefield at that time with the racism and barbarism - on both sides. On the Nazi side and the American side and the black soldiers and Jewish soldiers and Nazis and the French, because it all takes place in France.

Q. Is it just after D-Day?

Yeah, depending on exactly how I end up finally struturing it but there are sequences that happen before D-Day - I’ll have little things like ‘One Year After Occupation’, and 'Four Months After Occupation. ‘Two years Before Occupation’ - that kind of thing, but the thrust of the story will happen after D-Day.

Q. Are you shooting it in Spain?

I don’t know where I’m going to shoot it. We’ll figure out where I’m going to shoot it when I’m 100 per cent go on it. The other thing about it is, again, [color=red]it’ll kind of be my spaghetti western too. It’s the one time in the 20th Century where that almost kind of spaghetti western, barren no man’s land, landscape happened with the Nazis taking over countries.

Q. It sounds like Kelly’s Heroes…

Kelly’s Heroes is a real lark. I never felt like it was that much of a spaghetti western, it was more of a caper film. I want it to be more like what [color=red]The Good, The Bad And The Ugly was to the civil war.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote=“j_c”]
[br]

I think he said some other stuff too shrugs
[/quote]

Indeed he did. See above. :wink:

owned haha.

I love the whole Good, The Bad and The Ugly in the civil war line, haha

OK so I was wrong. Still, between all the war movies he’s talked about compiling into IB, adding the Spaghetti Western element might be too much. Then again, I trust Quentin to do the right thing. However, using Rodriguez/Morricone music would just be redundant, but that’s another discussion for another thread.

[quote=“CopperHead”]
I love the whole Good, The Bad and The Ugly in the civil war line, haha
[/quote]

it’s a gigantic statement wich sets gigantic hopes, IB MUST be fucking great if you have he balls to say that, you have to know for a fact it’s going to be a classic, and i love it