The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Me and Grams at the Grindhouse

What I thought about Grindhouse

PLANT TERROR 6/10

One thing i dont like about rodrigues’s style is the special efects.

He needs to lose that shit, espially when cherry was flying through the air and shit. But other than that i thought it was pretty good, I like his directing in this one alot. My favorite scene is when dakota is covering her mouth crying and doc block apears behind her, that was a fucking great angle. I also think he shoulda made the zombies look diferent, like the traditonal ones not the bubbling skin. And that ending hahahahaha gayest shit ever.

DEATH PROOF 9/10

This movie makes it official, Tarantino is one of the best directors on this earth. Almost every little angle in this movie was flawless. And i love the exploitation feel of this movie. ALthought the dialouge in this isnt as good as any of his other films i still liked because it seemed like real life conversations but since it was with girls it wasnt as good as his other movies. Another thing that made this movie great was kurt russell. Every seen with stunman mike was great and the car chase at the end was FUCKING GENUIS. Another highlight of this movie was when abernathy lifts her leg then crushes mikes face. The angle underneath her then goes to the side view, perfect.

Why was the car chase so special? Having someone ride a hood 70’s style is cool, just like TJ Hooker, but I think you went overboard with the “FUCKING GENUIS”. lol

Hey Knoxville, dont even start with the Death Proof bashing. Its an awesome film. Just cuz you dont like exploitation films doesnt mean its bad or less of a film than anything else QT has done.

That car chase is up there with the one in Bullitt in my opinion.

Jeez, now someone cant even express their love of a QT film without being put down. WTF is that about?

So what did Grandma think of it?

(I’m assuming that’s who “Grams” is)

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
Why was the car chase so special? Having someone ride a hood 70’s style is cool, just like TJ Hooker, but I think you went overboard with the “FUCKING GENUIS”. lol
[/quote]

the reason why i thought the car chase was genius is because it was so much fuckin fun and kurt russel’s acting.

[quote=“Laydback”]
So what did Grandma think of it?

(I’m assuming that’s who “Grams” is)
[/quote]

she loved death proof and hated planet terror

The ending was great… an even funnier ending would’ve been at the end where there was other traffic and during the climax of the chase have Stuntman Mike’s car get nailed by an 18 wheeler. Maybe not.

But still, DP ends the perfect way.