Master of the Flying Guillotine!

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
^ I agree!

Quick question! Has anyone notice the Nazi symbol on the Master of the F.G.'s little pouch he has on his chest? WTF is up with that?

MOTFG is awesome!
[/quote]
Glad im not the only one who thinks they are similar. Oh and the nazi symbol has all different meanings for asian cultures: Swastika - Wikipedia.

I believe in the Master of the flying guillotine commentary someone said that because he was a monk it was a symbol of peace.

^ Oh! I got the yellowish color DVD case! Do you got the one that is black?

Mine doesn’t have commentary I don’t think!

And thanks for the info on that symbol! Learned something! LOL!

Yeah i got the two disc

^ Man! I want one! LOL! I just got da yellowish cover DVD, cuz I heard it was less re-mastered and I like da ol’ look to ol’ movies!

[quote=“Laydback”]

Was it one of these two?

'Cause these are the only ones that I’ve seen in stores so far:

I’ve got a copy of the original one up above, fairly decent, I’m sure it aint shit compared to MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE (I remember seeing the trailer of that flick online and was blown away)

I do love the opening credits/music on the original FLYING GUILLOTINE flick, though. Shit is tight!

[/quote]
I’ve seen “Fatal Flying Guillotine” and its so crappy compared to MOTFG,so horrible.

The two disc is a must, one disc is dubbed and the other is in original language with english subs(the way it should be)

I got this one:

And on it you can choose Dub or not, but what’s funny with the dub is, it is not all dub! The dub version goes back and forth! Kind of funny when you watch!

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
The dub version goes back and forth! Kind of funny when you watch![/quote]

This also happens on Columbia’s Drunken Master. Sometimes when certain footage doesn’t show up in a cut (Or if the footage happens to be in terrible condition) they’ll have to go searching in other territories and use their version to complete the cut.

Apparently the old R1 Master of the Flying Guillotine has better transfer than the new 2 disc edition. The R4 Madman short cut should have the best picture quality. The uncut version should be included too, but with lesser transfer.

[quote=“Laydback”]
Drunken Master[/quote]

For Drunken Master the French HK Video dvd is the only release with the complete original track. The picture quality isn’t on par with Columbia but the sweet audio more than makes up for it. Seriously, I would’ve gone crazy without that dvd.